New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

Worbah

Grandmaster Knight
-Flamberge: Perhaps not the right era (seriously, I have no idea when they were used), but definitely cool, especially if the blade isn't wider than two inches or so.

- Arbalest: longer reload times perhaps and more damage (?)

- Composite bows: Look nifty, reguire a ton of strength, and does more damage

- Halberd: When the poleaxe just isn't enough

- A metal head warhammer: The one now looks like it shouldn't be wielde by John Doe Knight, rather Urgug The Smelly. The bludgeon shouldn't be too big though, since it would be unweildy and less efficient due to tha larger impact area.

- Short Sword: A subtle blend of dagger and longsword. Able to block, not
as efficient as the longsword, faster, shorter, etc. You get the idea. Possibly a gladius

Comment these, and do post your own ideas.

ball and chain/flails.

and yeah the warhammer could use retooling. same for polehammers. theyre both round rocks tied to the end of a stick, like somthing outta flintstones.

Not sure what you have against the war hammer, looks spot on to me.

Other_Weapons_War_Hammer_90WH_637.jpg

Would be a horsemans weapon, a footmans hammer would be 2-handed, but the head would look similar. I'd like to see that rather than the polehammer that's in game now.

Yeah, and don't forget about AK-47 and LAW too... :lol:

Well, my list:
Morningstars/flails

throwing axes - you know, great damage, low distance :smile:

Shortswords

Spearthrower - a thing that helped to launch short spears; physically, it converted the type of move you do when launching spear from punch (javelin) to swing (spearthrower), and this means adding lever effect to your strike. Well, the tradeoff is lower accuracy... Or, to say exactly, higher difficulty of learning this skill.

Scythe - and battle scythe. First could be used by peasants, and the second one is a good combating weapon.

nairagorn, im refering to the 2 handed warhammer that has the same graphic as the sledgehammer. that picture looks like the military pick or the pick axe.

My vote goes for a flail-type morningstar. Ipek has done such a great job on the graphics already - I can only imagine what she would do with a flail animation!

I'm pretty happy with the weapons we've got now. It's a nice mix. Might even do away with some that don't serve much of a purpose, like daggers and knives.

That said it might be nice seeing the odd infantryman with a mancatcher or billhook for pulling riders off mounts. Give 'em a slow attack, little damage, but a nice long range. That'd give mounted archers like me a wee bit more pause when riding up close and filling 'em full of arrows.

composite bows are already in or atleast look as they are. truth be told, there are far too many combinations of bow charicteristics, i think its better to simply use archtypes like that being done now.example:

is the bow a roundbow or flatbow?
Is it recurved? retroflexed? reflexed? recurve-decurved? strait? a "snake" bow?
how long is it?(doesent really matter that much)
is it composite, if not what wood is it made from?
what draw weight is it(the longer, the higher it can be)
how heavy are the arrows that are typicly used from this bow?
is it backed? with what?

as you can see far too many modifiers. the current archtype format is much better.a composite bow could be assumed as a kerghit bow. a high draw weight bow, as a longbow. ect.

Arbalists is just anouther word for crossbow. although the lamen often associate it with metal prod(the bow part) crossbows, or crossbows that requir a windlass.

What i would like to see.

Flaglants(simular to a numbchucks, except with only 2 rings in the chain, much larger, and with a defined handle end, and bissness end.)

a more convincing pike. the ones now are on the short end of what can be called a "pike" although i cant really see anything any longer in use in the informal warfare of M&B.

bucklers(small block radius, doesent take up weapon slot.can be used with certain 2 handed weapons,)

a smaller one handed axe. the one now is a bit over powered

I'd like to see western to northwestern of barbaric sword, greek/macedonian's 15 to 20 ft of spears/pike, along with large of shield as used in phalanx, and I forgot what this weapon is called, where a handle would be chained to large spiked iron ball with chains? When you'd whoop it around, causing devastating damage to enemy, especially it'd damage your shield like war axe or throwing axe and javevlin (misspelling?)!

Call me crazy for having phalanx weapons to be added into Mount and Blade, but that is something I'd love to use against enemy infanty and cavalry, along with barbaric sword!

:twisted: :cool:

cheers!

Eagle out...

Some Swiss style halberds and really long pikes for the infantry guys would be quite sweet. More arabic style weapons like the scimitar would great too, and some rapiers for quick swordplay. And damnit, I still think that this game would be even more awesome with some primitive gunpowder weaponry.

I'd like to see some bolas. You know the three balls connected with rope (occasionally fine chain) that spin and then knock the enemy down. They could inflict little damage but cause knockdown. They could also require high throwing skill.

I still think that this game would be even more awesome with some primitive gunpowder weaponry.

NONONONONONO, no friggin guns. No matter how primitive! they didnt start occuring untuil around the 17th century, and thus, the downfall of armour! hell no

Kniggit said:
I still think that this game would be even more awesome with some primitive gunpowder weaponry.

NONONONONONO, no friggin guns. No matter how primitive! they didnt start occuring untuil around the 17th century, and thus, the downfall of armour! hell no

Actually the Arquebus came about in the early to mid 15th century and even before that, as early as in the early 14th century there where so called handgonnes. The earliest know reference to any firearms where a document from 1281 that mentioned "a large squad of crossbowmen and scopettieri (gun-bearers). Theese early guns where mostly psychological weapons thoguh, and not really very effective. But they could be cool to have in game.

Kniggit said:

We're not talking about machine guns here, just those slow as hell and innacurate arquebuses. They won't even be any better than the deadly sniper crossbows which are currently in the game and in the hands of every Swadian crossbowman. It would just be cool seeing your guys shoot a thundering volley at the enemies, and then running at them through the smoke with their melee weapons drawn. They wouldn't unbalance the game at all.

Id rather keep guns out, perhaps this is a 14 century thing then! For weapons id want more variety in the types we have.

Back
Top Bottom