1257 ad. final feudal edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Latinikon

Knight

After long calibrating and testing testing, the way is most common in 1257 daylife as an adventurer.

1. dowload this: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1540 (and extract to 1257 ad folder),
2. then this small patch: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1563  (and extract to 1257 ad folder),
3. OVERWRITE all files,
4. say YES TO ALL,
5. good, now, You have installed everything and you are ready for a:
6. Start new game and kick some rebel scum dirty talking ass!

It is a bit large but do not be afraid by that. Its worth a try, 168 mbs of pure high-medieval mailed-knight pagan head-hunt!
For total atmosphere, use Anti-soundtrack.
Happy hunting time!

Credits:
-RCM for his exquisite work,
-battle sounds by someone I forgot who. thanks, couldnt do without you,
-Jean Plassy for his foundating work.

I hope You enjoy it as much as me,
Latinikon

O, yes, forgot to explain.
I was so much in testing and fine tuning for a long time now so I forgot that this version is not common on the net.

Yes, here we are then, specs of 1257 ad Final feudal edition:
- Looters are a regular light militia now ("original" looters are so frustrating and idiotic and pose no challenge at all to the player),
- Mountain bandits are fine light bandit parties now, much fun-time I had testing these guys,
- Forest bandits party is now Local rebels party (heavy cavalry and regular infantry combination),
- some tiny incy wincy tweaks to -Swadian Brother knight, infantry, sharpshooter, Half-brother and Sergeant,
                                              -Nord recruit, footman and trained footman,
                                              -Khergit low tier to mid tier troops tweaked(now they have some infantry and foot archers too),
- old fashioned war helm now used by some troops (Swad brother-knight!)
- shield skills raised amongst lots unit (intensive one-on-one fights / troops do more and faster blocking -more interesting fights),
- every bandit party has some prisoners now (farmers) so You can train merc armies (I tend to play WITHOUT hiring mercs from towns - much more challenging),
- bunch other stuff I cant recall by now,
- cattle follows you!!! argh,
- ask for another quest if you dont like the one thats been offered (just ask Do you have any quest -again- ).

Well, thats it me thinks,
Enjoy smacking heads, Latinikon

Yes and new Actions.txt I think most will like a lot!

post comments please, let me know your expirience with this
(Jean P., dont be too harsh on me with critics, Im just a freak about 1257 mod, indeed I am)

Hi troopers,

I'm a long time great fan of 1257 AD mod....If you're here you know why  :grin:. And of course, with the excellent RCM adapatation by mister Jean Plassy (Playing M&B without RCM is like drivng a car without wheels...).

Anyway, i'm here for "constructive criticism" about the Feudal Ed°....And you've done a great job Latinikon.

The first thing i've to say is about the size of the map. Maybe a little too wide ! And personnaly, with much snow in the North and sand in the south/south east it would be so fine...

:arrow: More critics after some hours of playin'

The second......WHERE IS SPANKY  :sad: !!!! His module system would be helpfull....There's so much to do with this mod ! :mrgreen:

OMG, the file I downloaded yesterday didn't work. It was only 8mb and I thought it was a patch for 1257...

I have downloaded now the file, it weights 168mb, and I must assume it's a complete, different mod from 1257 (and installs in its own mod folder)?

Yea, you got me- that 8mb file was a bit of mess.
this bigger one is complete, just copy in your !clean! 1257 folder, thats it.

This map is not my work, its from a fellow called Razinka. masterpiece I say, although, not totaly finished.

see you,
Latinikon

Hi again

Reinstalled a clean 1257 mod, then copied all of the final feudal edition over it. The game doesn't load, I got an rcl error, something like it can't load great_helm.dds.

Any help will be most welcome!

ok, I will make a clean clean CLEAN nice copy of my own 1257 ad the way I play
First thing I am gona do after work!
And thats that (a bit big but it will finally work),
thanks for patience miki

miki, I just made a fresh install of 1257 and cut-paste all files from my modification into 1257 folder and it works as a swiss clock!
Tell me, have you downloaded this 168mb file of are you using that 8mb file?

I'll try this out when I stop downloading ETW mods. Oh, and I looked at Spanky's account on Total War Center, and it appears that he has graphics card problems, which is stalling his work.

Mine works fine !  :grin:

And i've tweaked it a lot...... :shock:

:arrow: With plenty tweaks of the Magelord (too many to mention) and some good stuff like "colorfull textures, face textures, dark corners, animations compilation, Punkt's High Resolution Textures, Panoramic Mod, Minimalist HUD +New crosshairs, Flying Missile Replace, Better Horses (with adjustment of prices, etc...), Ambient Soundtrack, More Metal Sound Mod, Siege ladder project..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And i'm waiting for 1257 Ad module system (if Spanky returns... :?:) cos' i want 1257 AD with some great add-ons like morale script, shield bashing, camp entranchment, bridge battles, or the different habilities that Chel has developped for his Expanded Gameplay III ....

Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

I got 3 things to say:

• First of all, really well done! I love your feudal edition!! :wink:
  • Second, would you mind makin an optional add-on to replacing the calradia map? the new map is pretty, but it gave me a sense of "unfinished"...and moreover, the names of the factions are still fantasy and they don't fit to the baltic area... :smile:
  • I've noticed that, when the cavalry charge, the enemies "fly away" because of the horse charge...how did you do that??? it's a nice feature, and I'll love to have it in my mod... :grin:

that's it, and thank you for your work!:grin:

Thanks for feed back.

1. for map of Calradia, just go into Native folder and copy two files: -map, -parties
2. paste them in 1257 folder. overwrite and there it is

Latinikon said:
Thanks for feed back.

1. for map of Calradia, just go into Native folder and copy two files: -map, -parties
2. paste them in 1257 folder. overwrite and there it is

oh, okay as i thinked...there are no problems with the renamed cities etc..?

Back
Top Bottom