huge battles and specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Natebubba0

Recruit
I've had M&B for a while, and I'm getting a new PC soon... I already know what the specs are going to be, it doesn't really matter here.
I'm using Battle Sizer like most people probably are.
I was just wondering what the biggest battle you (YOU, whoever is reading this) can run on your computer at playable fps (about 30), so like, post
Battle Size:
Specs:
and you only really need to if you can run like 200+ man battles at 30 fps

Thanks

I can run 200 man at 20-30 fps with HDR
~250 without HDR-- 25-35fps
500 still playable --5-20 (with HDR)
800 just to take screenshots 1-15  :mrgreen: (with HDR)
and I tried 1000 sometime and my pc coudn't handle it :???:

and I have a AMD athlon X2 2,4GHz , 1gb ram , and a horrible GF 7300gt 512mb

Does battlesizer let you have an actual 200 units (soldiers/horses) on the battlefield at once? Or 800 at once? Doesn't that like, fill up the entire battlefield with troops?

If I have 400 khergites on horse, and use "Hold this position" they must stretch from one end of the map all the way to the other ??

Seems like way to many units to handle given the simplistic mechanics we have in M&B. Can't even split cavalry or infantry into multiple units, like having Khergite mounted archers as one cavalry unit, and swadian knights in another, and give them individual commands. Can only command all of them at once, which is ok in the original battlesizes, but going over that it seems like it would be really messy.

xwhitemousex said:
Does battlesizer let you have an actual 200 units (soldiers/horses) on the battlefield at once? Or 800 at once? Doesn't that like, fill up the entire battlefield with troops?

If I have 400 khergites on horse, and use "Hold this position" they must stretch from one end of the map all the way to the other ??

Seems like way to many units to handle given the simplistic mechanics we have in M&B. Can't even split cavalry or infantry into multiple units, like having Khergite mounted archers as one cavalry unit, and swadian knights in another, and give them individual commands. Can only command all of them at once, which is ok in the original battlesizes, but going over that it seems like it would be really messy.
yes it does.

250 with max settings and GE 2.5
AMD 64 X2 6000, 2GB Ram, GeForce 8600GT

man you can easily handle much more than this try to put the battle sizer on 500

yeah but GE has a really big effect on my game, much bigger than i expected. and with the hills/forests killing the fps i cant really get it higher. of course i could with lower settings but these days i want my eyecandy; especially after playing warband.

this is how my game looks
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,4489.msg2049777.html#msg2049777

WARNING: Large bandwidth spoiler

Kronic said:
Right, so. Here I was all well and good, browsing the forums as usual. I came across Wellenbrecher's post asking for a shot of Lady Larktin's army.

In full.

Charging.

800 people eh?

Well anyway, I think, in my usual arrogance "My machine can take that". Then I remember the battlesizer goes up to 1000.
Why the hell not I say?

So I start up a new game, force the Dark Knight invasion, and run off to Suno, which is suddenly under siege. I aim for Lady Larktin..............and miss.

Lord Grife, my old nemesis. And he brought some friends.
Beginings.jpg

Lots of them.

So I charge in, after telling them I'm going to slaughter them.

Turns out the computer likes my odds as well.

Odds.jpg

Seriously? Only 50 Renown? For THIS?!

So I wait a few minutes for the enemy to organise their line, give them a sporting chance and all. After all, I'm straining along at just over 10FPS here, can't expect hasty miracles.

Ok, 3 minutes is up. I flank and start firing my trusty Crossbow.

DKHorde1.jpg

If you look to your left, you can see the arse of dear Lady Larktin's horse.

They charge, I run. I can manage this. xD
My horse shall fly like the wind and I shall slowly wear them down with a hail of bolts!

RUN.jpg

Just noticed, he's lancing his mate

In mere seconds, I am de-horsed. By now, their infantry and archer presence is entering visual range.
This might actually be a challenge now.

DKHorde2.jpg

It would appear my Lame Saddle Horse is slower than theirs. Poor thing... :sad:

I was knocked unconscious simultaneously by the entire horde.

Good News: Turns out 50 lances don't cause mortal wounds. :smile:
Bad News: My flawless victory streak on this save was broken. (Day 1, wins 0, losses 1)

Here's a shot of the map, to show both the enemy count and the red blob on the minimap.

Map.jpg

Total Score:

Dark Knights: 1
Kronic: 0

There is a moral to this story. The moral is that when you have a Battle Advantage of below -2500, you really, TRULY, are shafted. Many times. By lances.

Hope you enjoyed it. :smile:

(Also, sorry for the slightly poor quality on the screenies, it insisted on downscaling them from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 on uploading. >.>)

EDIT: A picture wasn't working, fixed. :smile:

But basically, the computer has trouble running 1000, but 750 or so is fine, provided it isn't a bloody mountain map (Pathfinding lag bug)

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM @ 800Mhz
Hard Drive: 1.5 TB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 1Gb x2 SLi
Monitor: Acer AL1916
Sound Card: Realtek HD Integrated Audio
Speakers/Headphones: 5.1 Surround Sound System
Keyboard: Ideazon ZBoard
Mouse: Trust Laser Mouse
Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Motherboard: MSI K9N SLI V2 (MS-7390)

Kronic said:
WARNING: Large bandwidth spoiler

Kronic said:
Right, so. Here I was all well and good, browsing the forums as usual. I came across Wellenbrecher's post asking for a shot of Lady Larktin's army.

In full.

Charging.

800 people eh?

Well anyway, I think, in my usual arrogance "My machine can take that". Then I remember the battlesizer goes up to 1000.
Why the hell not I say?

So I start up a new game, force the Dark Knight invasion, and run off to Suno, which is suddenly under siege. I aim for Lady Larktin..............and miss.

Lord Grife, my old nemesis. And he brought some friends.
Beginings.jpg

Lots of them.

So I charge in, after telling them I'm going to slaughter them.

Turns out the computer likes my odds as well.

Odds.jpg

Seriously? Only 50 Renown? For THIS?!

So I wait a few minutes for the enemy to organise their line, give them a sporting chance and all. After all, I'm straining along at just over 10FPS here, can't expect hasty miracles.

Ok, 3 minutes is up. I flank and start firing my trusty Crossbow.

DKHorde1.jpg

If you look to your left, you can see the arse of dear Lady Larktin's horse.

They charge, I run. I can manage this. xD
My horse shall fly like the wind and I shall slowly wear them down with a hail of bolts!

RUN.jpg

Just noticed, he's lancing his mate

In mere seconds, I am de-horsed. By now, their infantry and archer presence is entering visual range.
This might actually be a challenge now.

DKHorde2.jpg

It would appear my Lame Saddle Horse is slower than theirs. Poor thing... :sad:

I was knocked unconscious simultaneously by the entire horde.

Good News: Turns out 50 lances don't cause mortal wounds. :smile:
Bad News: My flawless victory streak on this save was broken. (Day 1, wins 0, losses 1)

Here's a shot of the map, to show both the enemy count and the red blob on the minimap.

Map.jpg

Total Score:

Dark Knights: 1
Kronic: 0

There is a moral to this story. The moral is that when you have a Battle Advantage of below -2500, you really, TRULY, are shafted. Many times. By lances.

Hope you enjoyed it. :smile:

(Also, sorry for the slightly poor quality on the screenies, it insisted on downscaling them from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 on uploading. >.>)

EDIT: A picture wasn't working, fixed. :smile:

But basically, the computer has trouble running 1000, but 750 or so is fine, provided it isn't a bloody mountain map (Pathfinding lag bug)
Props to you for attempting the impossible you gave it your best shot but you were unsuccessfull unfortunetally.  It is obvious to me that this is completally impossible to prevail from this sort of battle unless......... you are.............. A TRUE NORD BERSERKER!

Back
Top Bottom