Troop Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the knight commander should still be able to promote to knight lord and Cavalier in v5.74. it seems ridiculous that a noble can only be promoted to a limited level. and can the special unit building speed up the unit regeneration rate?

I, on the other hand, am all for stopping the Swadia noble tree at Knight-commander. Cavaliers are just too strong for a noble unit, even if it takes a while before you can get a lot of them.
You should also look at the female mercenary tree. Lady Knights are almost as good as Cavaliers (much better on foot due to 10 athletism compared to the Cavalier's 0) while being much easier to mass produce. Their wages are higher but money usually isn't a problem anyways.

About the Khergits, I think it's more a problem with horse archery being too strong in general (and Khergit bows being more accurate than most others, too). Since it only takes 5 points in the Horse Archery skill to attain perfect accuracy while mounted, it means even mid-tier Khergit troops are deadly. I suggest raising the cap on Horse Archery to 10.

ejnomad07 said:
Time for the poor Khergit's to stop taking a backwords slide late game and fix their ever present seige problems which the Mongols even lightly armored as they were was still known for their seige abilities. Here's a base template I hope you will consider, and I even took the time to explain everything out to you and everyone else that wishes to read and added a bit of extra info in case you want to change some names around for the lords on the Khanate.

Peasants:
• Tribesmen
o Clansmen
  Nokud
    • Lancer
    o Darga
       Noyan
      • Orlok
      • Boyan
    • Horse Archer
    o Vet Horse Archer
       Master Horse Archer
      • Keshik
      • Mangudai

Nobles:

• Tribal Chieftain
o Tarkhan
   Ilkhan

Khesig:

• Bahadur
• Khesig Keshik
o Khorchin
  Torghut
• Khesig Mangudai
o Khevtuul

Build options here without breaking the common Khergit/Mongol idea you could use: Bows, Spears/Lances/Polearms, Axes, Shields, Curved Swords, Throw weapons, and the Khesig carried maces. You also have Hunters, Steppe Horses, Coursers to mix around. Mongol units were no stranger to siege warfare. Without breaking the game I suggest The Khesig wear only the best Khergit armor, but have great weapons and bigger shields so they can get up close. Be glass cannons of a sort for siege warfare. The Khesig had warriors already proven on the field of battle and as guards now should be equipped more for close combat and less about maneuverability as they were the ring of steel around the Khan and not trying to outflank opponents anymore. Perhaps now you can even work in a good Spear and Shield build.

Reasons for terms used:
Nokud - A military title for the free warrior-retainers of the Mongols. These are the standard soldiers which make up the Mongol Army.
Darga - Commander of their unit and those with that have shown to have the best skill in their Arban (10 man squad) or Jagun (100 man squad/10 Arbans)
Noyan - Commander of their unit and those with that have shown to have the best skill in their Mingghan (1000 man squad/10 Jaguns) or Tumen (10,000 man squad/10 Mingghans)
Boyan - The general of a Khan, in command of a Hordu (2-5 Tumens), but not related by blood to the Khan.
Orlok - The general of a Khan, in command of a Hordu containing three or more Tumens. This title was generally applied to royal princes related by blood to the Khan.

Ilkhan - This title refers to a provincial Khan who rules as a subordinate to an overall Khan.

Khesig - The Imperial Guard and protectors of the Khagan.
Bahadur - The Mongolian nobility, they were generally organized into elite units of the Imperial Guard, rather than directly into the army and acted as the equivalent to knights.
Khorchin/torghuds - Handpicked Imperial Guard units tasked with following and protecting the Khagan and his wife during the day.
Khevtuul - The night guards, and the ones that were tasked with defending the Khagan in his yurt while out in the field. Night was the most dangerous as yurts had no solid walls and swords could penetrate the walls and hit the subjects inside.

Khatun/Khanum - This title is roughly equivalent to queen, and applies to the wife of a Khan.

Khan - While this originally appeared as the title for a tribal leader, it was later equated to king.

Khagan/Great Khan - Essentially translated as "Khan of Khans," equivalent to King of Kings, this title was reserved for the equivalent of the emperor of the Mongolian Empire.

Hope this helps!

BUMP!

i got a little question arent the nords all about axes and huge round shields? was just wondering since some of the nord units don't have any shields at all like the kings berserkers...

when are the elite huscarls going to come :grin:

Moshbeast said:
i got a little question arent the nords all about axes and huge round shields? was just wondering since some of the nord units don't have any shields at all like the kings berserkers...

Berserker. Berserk. Frenzied. Likes to kill a lot. Why would such a person give up the use of a second arm to add more weight to blows for defense?

Also, sometime this weekend.

The Mercenary said:
Moshbeast said:

Berserker. Berserk. Frenzied. Likes to kill a lot. Why would such a person give up the use of a second arm to add more weight to blows for defense?

Can you tell us witch features will be in next release ? And what is you long-term plan for NE ?
May be should you open a FAQ topic ?

There is an FAQ thread. In fact, it's stickied.

There will more troops. Archery will be completely changed. Aside from that, I don't remember other changes.

Thanks ! My bad, I saw the thread and read it several times. But it is lacking something about future releases (date and features).
In fact I was asking features, because I have started a new game a few days ago.

There is something wrong about Nord troop tree : Female Raider upgraded from Veteran Raider. It is kinda weird to see a male raider become female raider. I was thinking about this to allow the player to get Female Raider without upgrading from a male one. When the player have a Nord village and a good relationship with, sometimes he/she gets Female Raider from Recruit Volunteers menu. I don't know if you can do that, but it would be nice.

Nordic surgery can do wonders, kid. Remember that. Simple gender change is nothing impossible for Drakkar MD :grin:

I like to play Rhodoks.  The idea of having a serf faction is awesome in the midst of monarchy.  So I guess thats why Im

nagged by this little problem with the Peasant troop tree, because I want my faction perfect.  I suggest this change to

the Rhodoks Peasant troop tree. 

Have two choices to be made upon training from Regular, Spearman or Swordsman. 

Make the Swordfighter and Elite Swordfighter end-tier troops part of the Swordsman branch instead of the Spearman

path.  Put either the Sergeant or the Captain troop type in the Swordsman line after Master Swordsman, and give

him a sword and equal stat level as Captain.  This is all for simplicity and emphasis.  Pick: Sword or Spear. 

This way, there's a reason to pick the Swordsman way, because right now, the Swordfighter and Elite Swordfighter

units (currently part of the Spearman branch) beat the tar out of a Master Swordsman with a sword, even though the

trooper spent his time training with a spear(!)  Worse, without the ability to upgrade to the highest tier unit,

the entire Swordsman line is gimped, redundant of the Spearman. 

In additon, I recommend changing the names of the Sergeant and Captain troop types, since they are no longer in rank

order.  Duelist and Pikeman are good substitutes.  The units would both have a stat adjustment averaging between

Sergeant and Captain.  This table reflects what the new troop changes would look like in a modified troop tree model:

|-Swordsman-> -Veteran Swordsman-> -Master Swordsman-> -Duelist*-> -Swordfighter-> -Elite Swordfighter-
          |
|-Regular->
          |
          |-Spearman->  -Veteran Spearman->  - Master Spearman->    -Pikeman*->  -Halberdier->  -Elite Halberdier-

*Replaced names of Sergeant and Captain.  Again, the Duelist gets a sword.  Balance the two units stats for the lost tier.

The example above would properly advance units in rank smoothly, but would likely take extra effort to create.

This is the current tree that really needs adjusting:

|-Swordsman-> -Veteran Swordsman-> -Master Swordsman-
            |
            |
|-Regular->
            |                                                                                                      |-Halberdier->    -Elite Halberdier-
            |                                                                                                      |
            |-Spearman-> -Veteran Spearman-> -Master Spearman-> -Sergeant-> -Captain->
                                                                                                                    |
                                                                                                                    |-Swordfighter-> -Elite Swordfighter-

As you can see, the Spearman line offers advanced sword units that should belong to the Swordsman path.  But simply

moving the two tiers would still be imbalanced.  This is why Sergeant and Captain tiers are rearranged in my model:

|-Swordsman-> -Veteran Swordsman-> -Master Swordsman-> -Swordfighter-> -Elite Swordfighter-
      |
|-Regular->
      |
      |-Spearman-> -Veteran Spearman-> -Master Spearman-> -Sergeant-> -Captain-> -Halberdier-> -Elite Halberdier-

Clearly this would be easier to do, but thats a lot of experience gain before the next rank up in Swordsman.  However, it

does fix the problem and is better than what we have now.  I realize troop adjustments are already being made, and

that this is probably a low priority on your to-do list, but I think you will agree it would encourage decision making and

maybe diversify the battlefield. 

Right now Im sure most people just spam Spearman.  Personally I never bother with the Swordsman line,

and could care less if it was removed altogether- so long as the Swordfighters are still available.

I just noticed the Swordsman units are neglected for their fodderness is all. 

Maybe its because I like to look at a Master Swordsman and say, "Yes, you can become better in time!"

Maybe...I could have figured out how to make my own troops in the time it took me to type this!  Bah, back to the fight!

The Mercenary said:
Moshbeast said:

ok i understand that i just think people should be able to choose if they want a muscle packed idiot that just thinks about cracking skulls open or if they want a muscle packed idiot that thinks hey before i get owned by arrows i'll take a shield ^^

this mod should have a Weapon Master
put like all weapons on them, and a medium-heavy armour
but only melee, and Power Strike and Ironflesh on 10
but agi in like 3, or 5 and Athletics 0

=D
slow but powerful \o/
in my personal mod - ya i have one ! -
they are lvl 40, 10 ironflesh, 10 power strike, with very powerful weapons, mediuns armours ( like lamellar, mail ) 25 STR 1 AGI 3 INT 3 CHAR and 10 Weapon Master

and need to be mercenary troop tree like these

Warrior - Elite Warrior - Apprentice Weapon Master - Weapon Master - Elite Weapon Master

WarlordG said:
this mod should have a Weapon Master
put like all weapons on them, and a medium-heavy armour
but only melee, and Power Strike and Ironflesh on 10
but agi in like 3, or 5 and Athletics 0

=D
slow but powerful \o/
in my personal mod - ya i have one ! -
they are lvl 40, 10 ironflesh, 10 power strike, with very powerful weapons, mediuns armours ( like lamellar, mail ) 25 STR 1 AGI 3 INT 3 CHAR and 10 Weapon Master

and need to be mercenary troop tree like these

Warrior - Elite Warrior - Apprentice Weapon Master - Weapon Master - Elite Weapon Master

Weapons Masters are generally considered fast.

Why does everyone want to end with Elite "whatever troops". Over use an adjective much?

How about you be more creative and try more nouns instead of just glossing every troop tree with boring adjectives eh?

I think the Manhunters (militia or something like that now) have very weak armor and weapons... They suck, I know they don't do many things but please give some decent armors and blunt weapons to them.

ejnomad07 said:
Why does everyone want to end with Elite "whatever troops". Over use an adjective much?

How about you be more creative and try more nouns instead of just glossing every troop tree with boring adjectives eh?

Somewhere here I read that Merc was trying to avoid faction adjectives like "Rhodok Sergeant" and "Swadian Sergeant", but I think this isn't annoying that much  :???:

If you wouldn't try any more to avoid these faction names you would have much more possibilities to name your units, Merc. And so important names like "Infantry", "Scout" or "Knight" wouldn't be reserved for one faction any more.

Back
Top Bottom