Author Topic: So, did anyone actually try to fix Warrider?  (Read 110 times)

Corbul

• Sergeant
  • Quoth I...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
So, did anyone actually try to fix Warrider?
« on: October 09, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
I know it's an old game (version?) and that it's not even canon, but it's still loads of fun and has some interesting aspects that were removed in later versions of MnB (including WB). So I was wondering if anyone actually bothered to fix the broken connections in the game's code to make all the written quests and events properly playable? I'm currently trying to beat it and the lords keep sending me to speak to a particular count, but the count in question has no special topics (in fact, he himself keeps telling me to meet him :mrgreen:)
Also, in some other discussion on the forum here I've seen people writing about several questlines being unplayable because the game was left unfinished or just not tweaked properly.
So, is anybody up to the challenge? Is it at all possible? Whadda ya think? :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:03:38 AM by Corbul »
"I can live without eating and drinking, but not without DADA." - George Grosz

Attar

• Sergeant
  • What is the cost of lies?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Attar
  • WF&SM&BWB
Re: So, did anyone actually try to fix Warrider?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »
Even sometimes you can't join the arena, not forgetting that in every town there's that one spot that leads you to underground (bug).
Also it is cool to see that i'm not the only one who still playing old versions :D

Corbul

• Sergeant
  • Quoth I...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: So, did anyone actually try to fix Warrider?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 08:29:07 PM »
Even sometimes you can't join the arena, not forgetting that in every town there's that one spot that leads you to underground (bug).
Also it is cool to see that i'm not the only one who still playing old versions :D
Yes. I managed to get it to run on my laptop. Among other issues I came across is that dialogues sometimes provoke a Windows error - thankfully, it can be ignored. Funny thing too, I cancelled the quest conversation with a lord, but still got it from the castle guard (because I spoke to the guard afterwards)(the quest is even listed as being given by the guard!). The task is completed, but I can't finish the quest because the castle guard doesn't have the appropriate topic! :mrgreen: :facepalm:
"I can live without eating and drinking, but not without DADA." - George Grosz