:!: Over 100 custom races and mounts
:!: Many custom trade/stat boost items native to the Zelda universe
:!: New HD textures and models specifically made for this mod
:!: Meticulously crafted unorthodox scenery
:!: Attention to detail dedicated to an immersive experience
:!: Quests and secrets
:!: Gunpowder and magic
:!: Nostalgia out the wazoo

Update:I've joined the Hyrule: Total War team to help ensure it has a stable future. Work will continue on this as my side project, and much of what I do will overlap. Expect only a slight slow-down.

I'm undertaking the long task of porting Undying Nephalim's Hyrule Total War to Warband with his kind permission.  :grin: Please read there before asking the same questions here.

If you'd like to volunteer, that'd be great.  :party:
HTW already has great architecture models so sceners have a great base to work with.

I'm prepared to do this without a team but how much help I get determines how far off a release will be, and I'm ready to play this thing.  :lol:

Just so it's out there, this may end up being for Bannerlord. Let's just hope the game doesn't take any steps back from what the dev team has made in the past, or what the community has accomplished or is able to accomplish.

Hey! Listen! Support Undying Nephalim for his awesome and dedicated work!
https://www.patreon.com/undyingnephalim?ty=h

*Neither I nor Undying Nephalim claim any rights or ownership to the Zelda franchise owned by Nintendo. Obviously this mod will be free to play.*

Reserved (Media)

Previews:

(Open image in new tab to enlarge)

(updated 5/3/16) WIP Kingdom of Hyrule troop tree
SU8qikK.jpg

Link's zora tunic retex
SLAM2fn.jpg

Units
Hylian helmet coif is fixed to look right in Warband now. Test shots, (town guards won't have shields or swords):
MmNR1Gr.jpg
mFqf6TK.jpg

Hylian Infantry in-game:
otyLw7H.jpg

Hylian Knight (original low-res shield):
2iwJGaq.jpg
Yu0C3Ns.jpg

Ironclad Elite:
K6NnEwK.jpg

Equipment
HD Re-textures
Knight Helm
OriginalHD
Ironclad Cuirass
OriginalHD
Recruit Armor
OriginalHD
Hylian Shield:
HD
yzT4paq.jpg
Original
qqsgoVm.jpg
New Designs
Ironclad Majora Convert Cuirass (Needs Work)Hylian Majora Shield (Texture Only For Now)
NormalHeavy WearBurntNobilityOriginal Reference
Non-Military Issue Hylian Shields:
1TmyrOq.jpg
hsebF9p.jpg
G2WWzIu.jpg
WIP Maku Knight Shield:
OqiP301.jpg

Reserved (Details)

Game Details
Work in progress, please offer suggestions.

Factions
Hyrule Prime
Kingdom of Hyrule
Order of the Wizzrobe
Sheikah Cadre
Gorons of Death Mountain
Lanayru Province
Zora Dominion

Great Desert
Forces of Twilight
Volvagian Remnants
Gerudo Empire
Darknut Legion
Zuna

The Woodlands
Lizalfos
Kokiri
Huskus Remnants
Deku Tribes

Holodrum
Fairies of Tarm
Horon
Subrosians

Labrynna
Labrynna Regime
Tokay Tribe
Gorons of Rolling Ridge
Storm Zora

Southern Hyrule
Ordona Province
Old Blin Kingdom

Misc.
Gohma Hive
The Oocca (Maybe)
Kingdom of Ikana

Sub-Factions (Roaming) (Leader - Region)
Friendly (Descending Default Relation)
Hylian Knights Errant - Global
Tokay Hunters - Labrynna
Goron Expedition - Global
Zora Expedition - Global
Zuna Merchants - Great Desert
Subrosian Miners - Holodrum
Hyrulean Resistance ? - Hyrule

Neutral (All 0)
Geru - Global
Labrynna Expedition - Global
Keaton Pilgrimage - Global
Wild Faires - Global
Mogma Guld - Death Mountain
Wind Tribe Expedition Queen Siroc - Holodrum
Deku Monkey Tribes - Woodlands
Huskus Bounty Hunters - Woodlands
Fokka Forsworn  Quetzal - Great Desert
Mazura Forsworn Hayagriva - Great Desert
Daira - Misery Mire/Great Desert
Reavers Alros - Great Desert

Hostile (Descending Default Relation)
Haunts
Wosu Knights
Goriya Watchmen
Dishonored
Baga Scrubs (Skull Kids)
Piratians
Zazakku
Gerudo Pirates
Keaton Bandits
Forest Thieves
Volvagians
Lizalfo Tribes
Hinox Bombers
Yook Band
Helmasaurs
Dodongos
Wolfos Packs
Moblin Tribes
Tektites
Wild Gohma
Stalfos
River Zora
Church of Majora

In Depth Faction Info
Horon
Holdings:
              1 Town (Horon)
              1 Castle (Horon Castle)
              1 Village (Horon Village)

NPC's:
          Maku Tree of Horon (Leader, Owns Town and Castle), Sokra (Minister)
          Mayor Ruul (Marshal, Owns Village), Mrs. Ruul (Wife), Syrup (Minister)
          Bipin (General), Blossom (Wife)
          Pippin II (General)
          Stockwell (Equipment Merchant)
          Vasu (Supply Merchant)
          TickTock (Village Elder)
          Maple (Tavern Keep)

Units:
                      Soldier->Knight->Captain

Recruit=               
                                      Horon Mystic
                      Yeoman=
                                      Bowman->Archer

(Noble Unit Tree): Maku Sprout->Maku Scrub

Special Items:
                      Maku Seed
                      Gasha Seed (Boosts Looting)

Credits
Undying Nephalim for models, textures, and concepts in the form of Hyrule: Total War
Nintendo for concepts, artwork, and creation in the form of the official Zelda franchise
Eldren for his support and the idea of a M&B port
Overmind5000 for models and textures

If you wanted you could use some of the cut content units to fill in the gaps in the unit trees, you can find what I'm talking about on the HTW wiki, this Forum isn't letting me post a link.

Also, I wouldn't recommend having Hylian crossbows upgrade to normal bow men, instead I'd say have it be a separate line of upgrades, like this:

Hylian Archer => Hylian Ranger => (insert unit here)
Hylian Archer => Hylian Crossbowmen => (insert unit here)

This is mostly because a crossbowman has several advantages that a normal bowman doesn't, and vice versa.

Just some advice, very eager to see where this go's.  :grin:

The blank units have designs, I just haven't gotten to the point of having them all completely in-game to screen-shot. For instance; the horseman basically is just the infantry unit mounted and given a larger sword, the ranger will be a retextured crossbow unit to be green with black accents and with a bow and the ranger captain will be the same thing with pauldrons added. (Unless people have better suggestions) With that in mind, do you think this tree actually needs many more entries? I feel like it's pretty fleshed out without getting to the point of convolution.

Are you referring to the old lower-res units that Neph replaced? Do you happen to know if what you're talking about is still included in the current HTW's files? For instance the wind tribe, ancient hylians, and the old Hylian models are all still there. I wasn't sure how I could possibly put ancient hylians in, either as a roaming subfaction or simply add the armor to stores for the player? If I don't have everything, it'd be awesome if you could help me track down which old versions of HTW I would need for that purpose. I definitely won't waste anything that could make the mod more diverse and interesting.

I agree about separating crossbowmen/rangers, not sure why but I changed it at the last minute. Maybe also have a "Veteran" or "Siege" crossbowman with more armor and a mace to even out the tree?

Edit:I'm seeing a lot of newer looking unique models at the wiki, it's too bad Neph doesn't want to put the time into sharing his backlog of models. Oh, well maybe he'll have the time in the future. I can understand why he'd want want to focus, though, he has much more planned than he's already done.  :shock:

In what time of Zelda does this take place though? Not a big Pro on Zelda, but I figure the games played in different ages, right?

Cynfar said:
In what time of Zelda does this take place though? Not a big Pro on Zelda, but I figure the games played in different ages, right?
You're right, the Zelda universe spans many ages and even alternate time-lines. Just like H:TW, H:ZW will be its own alternate universe, and sort of mesh different timelines together. Just like HTW it will be predominantly based on the years between the events of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. I may end up doing Termina and Great Sea submods if Undying Nephalim see's those releases through, but let's focus on this for now. The Hyrule: Total War wiki has in-depth information on its lore, factions, and units and this mod will be using that as a basis. This thread will only contain info unique to HZW.

SatoriLotus said:
The blank units have designs, I just haven't gotten to the point of having them all completely in-game to screen-shot. For instance; the horseman basically is just the infantry unit mounted and given a larger sword, the ranger will be a retextured crossbow unit to be green with black accents and with a bow and the ranger captain will be the same thing with pauldrons added. (Unless people have better suggestions) With that in mind, do you think this tree actually needs many more entries? I feel like it's pretty fleshed out without getting to the point of convolution.

Are you referring to the old lower-res units that Neph replaced? Do you happen to know if what you're talking about is still included in the current HTW's files? For instance the wind tribe, ancient hylians, and the old Hylian models are all still there. I wasn't sure how I could possibly put ancient hylians in, either as a roaming subfaction or simply add the armor to stores for the player? If I don't have everything, it'd be awesome if you could help me track down which old versions of HTW I would need for that purpose. I definitely won't waste anything that could make the mod more diverse and interesting.

I agree about separating crossbowmen/rangers, not sure why but I changed it at the last minute. Maybe also have a "Veteran" or "Siege" crossbowman with more armor and a mace to even out the tree?

Edit:I'm seeing a lot of newer looking unique models at the wiki, it's too bad Neph doesn't want to put the time into sharing his backlog of models. Oh, well maybe he'll have the time in the future. I can understand why he'd want want to focus, though, he has much more planned than he's already done.  :shock:
I do have the old ancient hylian, goron, gerudo, and zora models, and I'm pretty certain some of the other guys on TWC have some of the older versions of HTW and the models in them.

As for unit slots, the current Hylian roster in HTW is pretty good, a jack-of-all trades group with nothing particularly amazing except for their infantry. The roster you made is pretty good, I was just giving you some ideas, though I will say that spear cav for Hyrule may be unnecessary, I'd say just give the Hylian Knights a lance, they used to have one anyways but it was removed for some reason. As for an upgrade for the crossbowmen, maybe a repeater crossbow of some kind, a sort of reference to their siege weapon in HTW, I'm pretty sure I saw something like it in Full Invasion.

Thanks for the suggestions, the extra units would be very easy to add or take out, and either way I'll make sure they stay true to the nothing too special rule. Mostly that sort of thing will just need to be tested for balance, so I'll go ahead with basically that unit tree for now and if they are unneeded I'll just take them out. I mostly was just adjusting the roster to reflect Mount&Blade better, with more focus on cavalry as well as having a full ranged unit upgrade branch. A repeater crossbow sounds awesome but pretty overpowered, I'd probably have to make the whole faction pretty weak just to accommodate that.

Apologies in advance if this doesn't make sense. If it doesn't, I'll fix it tomorrow.

For the Hylian Troop Tree, and potentially others, like Ordona if they are ever added. Would it make sense to structure the cavalry like at the bottom of this troop tree?
ef3defce6d9257bb56eb150ae26b31e9.jpg
Have every level of infantry have a cavalry equivilant. I like the idea of complicated troop trees, so this might not be for everyone, but it seems somewhat intuitive as a means to acquire cavalry.

So Hylian Recruit goes to Hylian Mounted Recruit or Hylian Swordsman.
Hylian Swordsman goes to Hylian Mounted Swordsman or Hylian Veteran.
And so on.

Hazzardevil said:
Apologies in advance if this doesn't make sense. If it doesn't, I'll fix it tomorrow.

For the Hylian Troop Tree, and potentially others, like Ordona if they are ever added. Would it make sense to structure the cavalry like at the bottom of this troop tree?
Have every level of infantry have a cavalry equivilant. I like the idea of complicated troop trees, so this might not be for everyone, but it seems somewhat intuitive as a means to acquire cavalry.

And so on.
Thanks for the input. I think if you look at my current WIP hylian troop tree compared to the one in Hyrule: Total War, you'll see that I already sort-of had that in mind. The exception is that ranged cavalry would make hyrule too strong with everything else they have. Ranged cav will be saved for Ordona. I like complicated trees as well, as long as they flow well and are balanced.

If I could have three possible upgrades per unit, cavalry would upgrade from recruits, but I can't. So what I have up there is what I believe to be the best flow. If I did what you're saying, either the mounted recruit or the swordsman would also have to upgrade into the spear line or the ranged line. To me that would just be weird.

Imagine going through another rank of mastering the sword just to have your superiors to say "OK, now try this bow or spear" or else learning to fight from horseback and then them saying "alright get off of that horse and take this spear or bow." lol  :razz:

KhivalrousBear said:
Good luck on the mod! Looking forward to play it anytime.
Elprede said:
Great Idea! Can't wait to play it.
Thanks a lot guys  :wink: Have patience

looks great. id love to play as darknut in Mount and blade if possible! i fully support this mod succeeding

that said i really do think you should wait for bannerlord since from what ive heard is going to be in that game the mechanics that HTW has will transfer over with greater ease and have more options available at the same time.

SatoriLotus said:
Hazzardevil said:

And so on.
Thanks for the input. I think if you look at my current WIP hylian troop tree compared to the one in Hyrule: Total War, you'll see that I already sort-of had that in mind. The exception is that ranged cavalry would make hyrule too strong with everything else they have. Ranged cav will be saved for Ordona. I like complicated trees as well, as long as they flow well and are balanced.

If I could have three possible upgrades per unit, cavalry would upgrade from recruits, but I can't. So what I have up there is what I believe to be the best flow. If I did what you're saying, either the mounted recruit or the swordsman would also have to upgrade into the spear line or the ranged line. To me that would just be weird.

Imagine going through another rank of mastering the sword just to have your superiors to say "OK, now try this bow or spear" or else learning to fight from horseback and then them saying "alright get off of that horse and take this spear or bow." lol  :razz:

Sorry I took so long to respond, I thought I'd written something a couple of days ago. I did an edit of the tree with what I meant to make it clearer, then noticed the three upgrade problem, so I moved Ironclad Elites over to the Spear Tree. I realised while writing this post that I'd forgotten to copy across the text for the Mounted Ironclad Elites, but it should be fairly obvious what I'm getting at.

Xc4QUzU.png

thinking about the tiers in unit upgrading i think you might want to make the low-tier hyrule units into ordona units (after all their the same race so it makes sense that all hyrule soldiers would have their beginnings in ordona) on top of allowing you to fill out the roster it also allows you to make the few things ordona are strong at becoming a part of the trainable tree and not being a race people just look past

also for generals i think you might want to make it slightly different then the nattive to be lore friendly. while i can see hyrule general of certain personalities going to a majora race it simple doesnt make sense for gohma or darknut to ever leave their nation for somone else unless its a civil war or somthing and even then its still their own race

as for how the war-beasts would be implemented i was think that maybe theyd be a unti that you can hire from a "beast trainer" that appears in taverns. not sure how you'd make the mounted varients though(if there are any)

This mod has been postponed.

It's now planned to be released for Bannerlord unless complications arise.

Sorry for the silence, I was considering moving the mod to OpenMW or Unreal Engine. In the end I decided that neither OMW nor M&B would do Neph's new assets justice. I also realized that creating a satisfying open world experience on UE4 wasn't feasible for one person learning to port assets and enhance textures to a suitable size for a first person perspective.  Thankfully Bannerlord looks quite promising and will solve the issue of siege equipment.

I've also got a lot of plans written for the UE4 version that can be recycled for Bannerlord depending on BL's features and modding capabilities upon release.

Until I post a link to the new Bannerlord thread, I'll leave this open for possible discussion of the transition.

Back
Top Bottom