Rigale v12.5 released. Download and submods follow see last post

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Full version (not patch)  RIGALE v12.4  PLUS {Diplomacy 4.3, Modmerger, Battle Mini Map, Mordechai's Prisoner Talk, PBOD, etc}  211 MB:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEQXRWYWZlVkxMamM/view?usp=sharing
  absolutely requires Warband v1.161-1.168; will not run with 1.158 or earlier.  Does not require WSE

Best to start a new game, many incremental changes
  changelog included for all the v12 changes made.  Includes source.  This mod is OSP but contains a number of other OSPs so credit accordingly.

This represents a certain level of working routines enough different from January 2015's v11 that it should be called "v12".

I'll patch infrequently as I will be stepping down to part time work on this after today.

-----
includes SUBMOD: patch with source that can transform the above into "Curtain of Fire". an 8 year old Magic mod brought back to life by the Rigale system.

So consider this a "2 for 1": choose Rigale v12 without magic, and fairly stable, or live on the wild side with CoF & Rigale (and Diplomacy, and Battle Mini Map and Modmerger and working Warband compatible source and so much more)

- GS

patch v12.5 for CoF  with possible fix for stuck in town (thanks to Nunu)
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgETzAwRmpHNFRHcUE/view?usp=sharing    7 MB  .7z file  source only

patch 1:
-  slaughter of cows from herd gives 0 meat and 0 hides if your skills are low for butchering and skinning. 
    These now give at least 1 meat and 1 hide.

- turned off "lost in the woods" quest party movement modifier.
    It seems this 1/4th movement speed never gets corrected later, or the "lost in woods" quest stays on forever in some circumstances.
    Either way I don't want the party crawling while every caravan zooms by.

Rigale v12 patch 1 (and with changed sources)  1.74 MB
  also:  corrected module_info_pages to have correct credits for all the various submods 1720 EET:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgELUtob04zQVdLM28/view?usp=sharing

Curtain of Fire submod patch 1 for Rigale v12 (w/ full source): 4.7 MB  17:20 EET version - has corrected  module_info_pages.py in source to credit Mirathei
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgETWREbDJCTDd1ZTQ/view?usp=sharing
----
Known open issues:
--- Rigale v12 AND Curtain of Fire submod (common to both) ---
  1) Wrong picture color making text not readable (especially "continue" button) for "weekly budget" report (and payday
        You will find "continue" button by moving mouse to the left of the picture, around the bottom of the screen. 
  2) No tools consumed by crafting or gathering
  3) Exploring guild seems gone and tailor guild has 0 recipes atm.  It ought to sell or desire silk but at the moment all of that does nothing.
  4)  You can *STILL* be stuck in town, usually by doing too many things at once.  The best work-around is to go to tavern and press ESC to save game and quit (with game set to save "automatically" at game start).  Now reload game and you can leave town.

---- CoF ONLY ---- 
  5) in CoF combat gives divide by zero and script errors as magic is used; these don't per se hang my test PC but they are annoying.
  6) I find the constant display of battle stats more annoying
  7) summoners are extremely dangerous and should probably summon hell knights instead of wizards
  9) You can consider this set at "nightmare" mode as you'll need a quick start character (with all his/her troops)
          to even face 1 party of sea raiders type bandits.    Don't forget to talk to your prisoners to recruit captured wizards / summoners etc
10) module_info_pages.py in source needs updating; it only has Rigale info  (fixed 17:20 29Mar15 CoF patch 1)
  Sorry I don't have more time to debug this week.

- GS

Rigale v12 system  PATCH 2
  accelerates fatigue recovery when you select "wait here" for x gold in Town menu (12 hours rest in town)
  roughly doubles fatigue recovery
  makes camp songs available every 12 hours and boosts their effect somewhat
  reduces penalty to movement while "lost in woods" quest is active
  cumulative patch (so includes all of patch 1  also) 
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEOFdTUFZjdG1pLUU/view?usp=sharing

CoF flavor:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZmVQZnhYNDNhMmc/view?usp=sharing

and do i delete the Module_system rigale v0.12 GS and leave the Module_system rigale v0.12 CoF version?

cristy80 said:
so do i have to download both patches for v12 and CoF if i want to play CoF?

no just the CoF one, it already has the Rigale stuff implemented.

the CoF patches are against Rigale FULL version 12; so its the large full V12 to get a pase then your choice of CoF or "regular" Rigale to select nightmare_magic or no_magic modes.  The module_system folders are only if you want to make your own changes; they aren't involved in playing the game as compiled.  Its a (huge) bonus for people that want to change stuff or experiment.

- GS

I'll put one up tomorrow.  I may as well fold in the latest 2 fixes from Zeph first, to make it a better platform for testing.
I'm not limited by any ".740 is the last patch before summer"; it's more fun to patch at least 2x per month but I understand the idea was to let long play throughs happen.

I'd like to add a few more items like gems and tools and some wands and staffs before next patch so I may put those in also first.  I'll commit to worst case Friday for a full download & patch for those that didn't want a pre-patched, everything ready as one big file sort of thing. 

I've been asked to avoid long posts so I wont bother mentioning all that changed.  Maybe you'll mention it to me :wink:

- GS

Rigale v12.1  uploaded to google drive.

adjusted starting inheritances, skills and crafting/gathering skills according to background choices
    made a tiny readme listing inheritances and skills by each choice in the creation process
  buffed skills for apprentice and craftsmen backgrounds
  fixed troubadour not getting bard skills, typo on one line.  Fixed issue with troubador guild membership status.
  shaman skill given to all newly created characters, male = 3, female = 4

tuned starting economy to be able to better live as a pure trader
  doubled profitability and costs of enterprises

fixed error in showing cooking ingredients (when filtering rotten items from recipes)
  more food types go rotten and added dried fruit, raisins, smoked meat/fish recipes to cookery
    this somewhat duplicates "food preservation - smoking" but needs to happen in a town that isnt in an epidemic.
    the civilization skill happens anywhere in the wilderness and also wastes less food.

increased odds per guild in each town to 50%
                in capital cities 75%
  added a few recipes
  adjusted guild buy back prices and guild items for sale to make crafting easier
  compagnon guild training now claims to need 13 hours instead of 1 day
  lessons are more efficient -- 1/3 more progress per lesson

harvest nodes restock faster (12-17 days instead of around 30 days)
  more guilds in capitals (3/4 chance), else 50% chance in smaller towns
  hunting nodes had one outcome not show furs, fixed.

found & fixed an error blocking recovery of fatigue in town.  Pho needed it too, although it was less noticeable due to a  workaround there.
  wandering speed is buffed at different fatigue levels; players move faster now when they have decent pathfinding
  camping and pathfinding is buffed if you have certain units:
    {slave hunter, slave crusher, slaver chief, master scout, master hunter,
      neanderthal hunter, great hunter, and warchief; (also the following troops earned through knowledge advancements):
      Zulu veteran, Great game hunter regular and veteran, Poacher veteran, Numidian horseman veteran}

buffed waiting at town slightly and manor in village much more (no place like home)
  fixed reading books issue.  Books should give progress as well now, but needs testing.

added 2 more ransom brokers
  modmerger formations removed
    mini map is still included

as well as full, updated source code!

It's closer to working, but I still saw small issues that need attention, sometime.  Full source included, Rigale is OSP.
  I felt it wasn't fair to modders to leave it so incomplete as before, this has numerous fixes and is almost playable...
  I don't know when I'll finish "fixing" it.  This is a lot closer to a "make a generic mod with cool stuff" kit; needs minimal skill.
  Do edit  module_inf.py before trying to compile... not that you have to compile to play it.

Full upload    180 MB  includes source Rigale v12.1 and Rigale v10
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEUlZYeXZSR0pTRU0/view?usp=sharing

Patch from v12:  9 MB includes source and Rigale v12.1 and Rigale v10
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdVYxRVFTRjNESUU/view?usp=sharing

full download  206 MB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEV1NYS3hlZlFYTnc/view?usp=sharing

not quite ready for prime time preview of Rigale v12.3 as fitted to Curtain of Fire
    has overpowered magic launched from items and numerous Rigale fixes.

Does NOT include source code, yet, as I'd like 3 more weekdays to review the code to prevent
      any accidental Perisno code snippets being released.  Thus I need to go over every section to consider
      whether or not the section is suffiently "generic" before releasing code.

Mostly placed today as Hurleur asked for this and I told him "Friday" I'd have something working we could discuss afterwards.
He actually wanted the source but I'll have to delay that a bit, as needs more time to untangle any residue from Perisno.  "Soon" (TM)

- GS

Most important thing is it doesn't yet have an updated info_pages (credits and thanks for OSPs used)
  I just wanted to hurry up and get it to run, so I didn't finish everything.  this is just a base from which I can add and pull things to see what breaks as I change layers.  I want to go through and remove any splints from Perisno until it is generic enough to open the source up.  Thus, give it 1 week, and I'll fix bugs along the way as well.

updated Rigale player's handbook for v12.30
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgETTM1aDhEcy1sX0k/view?usp=sharing

Rigale v12.30 source code release still working on it  but  close enough to show a snapshot in progress.
ETA final revision Thursday next week, at which time I'll issue a small patch.  **This release has working source.**
  this is NOT save compatible to CoF v12.2 from last week.
    absolutely requires Warband v1.161-1.168; will not run with 1.158 or earlier.  Does not require WSE

I just redid all the dialogs, finding 10-12 Perisno && Phosphor dialog bugs along the way.
  I've redone the documentation for slots usage (memory variables)
  did the player manual last week, with some fixes to crafting recipes
  updated the credits
  adjusted items to weaken magic slightly; edited the magic using troops to generally weaken them
    added highlander costumes from OSP to put on the magic users so they can be targeted sooner
  upgraded guild lessons and guild training to conform to Phosphor scheme, so it is faster, cheaper, and more chances to skillup

open issues remaining:
1) first bandit camp mission quest fails at 4 kidnappers; that party now has an extra wizard apprentice that breaks the test to continue the dialog

2) the first fights gave a picture of the player already captive, which probably doesn't contribute to player confidence  :wink:

3) the mod picture itself is ugly for Curtain of Fire; I should use a fractal for this and Phosphor v21 (hopefully DIFFERENT fractals)  :0

4) I'm not sure the guild training/lessons are stable yet.  I had moved some variables to use new slots after seeing a collision/corruption
  following extended training, but this is different from actually testing that the changes are good/solved the problem.  [probably good now]

5) there is still an ugly pattern on the inventory squares fro the troop tree and "all items" presentations.  this doesn't happen in Phosphor,
  nor in Perisno, so it is even more unsettling.  I trace this to mesh  inv_slot  from  resource user_interface_b.brf    but it still doesn't seem
resolved.

6) there are doubtless other errors; I find these in 5 minutes testing.  Thus I won't call it "final" tonight, but I am hundreds of changes closer
with the dialogs updates.  The remaining issues are relatively small in terms of coding.

7) beware the "stuck in town" bug.  Just go to tavern, press Esc key to save and exit, and reload game if you're in town and cant leave/rest/kill time.

NOTES:
I'll release with 4 skins - human male, human female, undead (testing as a male), and skeleton 9testing as a female), with more
skins being a trivial exercise to add - once you've done it the first time :smile:    Look in    header_troops.py to declare your races 

Be sure to edit  module_info.py  to set your path for compiling as I dump the results to  c:/MountBlade/Curtain of Fire    and not directly to mount&blade Warband in order to not have Windows 7 block python writing output files to "system" areas.  Easier for me to windows copy and paste as a separate step than weaken user account settings to allow DOS access to subdirectories under c:/program files x64    (normally considered a protected area, but that's also where live mods end up).

What else -- if you actually plan to use the source, PM me and I'll help you get going with it.  Just because I'm still fixing it doesn't mean you
can't get a head start mapping your future changes and comparing code bases...  just means you'll need winmerge to see all the fixes next week.  I usually make 50 to several hundred changes each day, so winmerge is your friend...
  - GS

Full distribution  204 MB
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeTNFN0phZjlGajg/view?usp=sharing

Full version (not patch)  RIGALE v12.4  PLUS {Diplomacy 4.3, Modmerger, Battle Mini Map, Mordechai's Prisoner Talk, PBOD, etc}  211 MB:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEQXRWYWZlVkxMamM/view?usp=sharing

Best to start a new game, many incremental changes
  changelog included for all the v12 changes made.  Includes source.  This mod is OSP but contains a number of other OSPs so credit accordingly.

list of changes from last week's preview 12.30 is found at dev log on this forum.
  this is very extensive overhaul, with features both for casual players and serious modders.
      the source code is included, as well as the original kits for Rigale and Curtain of Fire, in case you want to skip my interpolation and go straight to the source.
      You may well find I saved a huge amount of work compared to kitting together the originals.
      As always, edit the file  module_info.py before compiling to point to your own development folder (which you have to make if you mod).
      Ready to play.

Wow! This is fantastic! Thank you!

Is there any documentation for what all the magical items from Curtain of Fire do? I liked that you included a PDF that explained everything.

Thanks for keeping this mod alive, Gsanders.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Wow! This is fantastic! Thank you!

Is there any documentation for what all the magical items from Curtain of Fire do? I liked that you included a PDF that explained everything.

Thanks for keeping this mod alive, Gsanders.

For now its something we both have to discover together.  I did at least greatly reduce their cost to make them more affordable.
EDIT:
  I'll have to go back over these and re-do most of these spells after Halloween, when I've tried changes on Phosphor v21r5

A partial list of what happens for Rigale 12.40:
  Defensive Blast:  Visual effect only so far.  Does NO DAMAGE.
  Magic Sword: looks like it mistakenly only injures mounts (to 1 point) if thrown directly at the MOUNT.  No effect on humans/elves/dwarves/etc
  Heal: throw AT the troop for 100% heal.
    Its fairly difficult to figure out who needs healing so will remake this shortly.
  Levitate: looks like it lifts the target up by 5 meters, but the 30 blunt probably knocks them out as well.  If I reduced blunt to almost nothing friendly archers might benefit...
  Horse: spawns a courser
  shield: adds a prop with a collision mesh to block enemies running through that spot

Some of the spells need work to have them go off at the agent that is hit and not the caster, but probably that will get done first at Phosphor v21r5, due for Halloween (in 2 weeks).  Once that launches I'll put up a patch here from what I've learned.

- GS

squamouss said:
Can I incorporate this into Phosphor?

Phosphor already has all of Perisno, all of Rigale, and some of Silverstag.
  I'd put more into it, and retool Rigale for you, but I'm a bit busy over at Warsword Conquest for another 2-3 weeks.

I just did a quick rebuild for Perisno .78 (unofficial), a charity data model analysis for Perisno 0.8, and a model rebuild for Rigale 12.43 and another for Phosphor v22.  If you code I can release the data model for Rigale, the others are not open sourced.

I'll get around to making a magic free Rigale sometime, probably in April.  I feel like I am busy enough, even if you don't see anything happening here these days.  This and November till mid February I was in the hospital a few times and eventually had some surgery.  I'm doing well now, so I'm getting caught up on many projects.

I'm not the easiest person to get along with, but the code stays busy and that should be the top most thing.  Phosphor v21 series is still buggy, I've analyzed the data model and I think I found and cleared most issues for v22, but again by sacrificing savegame compatibility.  It has to wait for Warsword Conquest to release, in around 2-3 weeks or thereabouts, Perisno I'm not "lead dev" anymore in effect so it remains more of a charity, and Phosphor was for experiments that no one can walk on but me, thus its not been handed for someone else to manage/change code.  That is a good and bad thing; it tends to stay raw and change much, but it also developed most of the changes driving Perisno this last year.

I like to think the crafting in Rigale is pretty cool, and Cernunos' legacy is something few people appreciate.  Sorry if I've put too much focus on testing magic with the simple Rigale platform; that's one reason why a magic free source was provided, for persons to compile their favorite flavor...

Rigale is OSP, Phosphor is not, Perisno is not, and Warsword Conquest is not.  But increasingly new ideas are flowing out of my little online laboratory, of which this is my (not so-) secret "Headquarters", lacking mostly a sinister Henchman.  I suppose I provide that as well, if you watch long enough.

Sorry I haven't put up a new Rigale in so much time, or for that matter had to stop Phosphor for health.  The next Pho will be something considerably better than you're used to from me... I've made quite a bit of very clean code recently, something I didn't do a year ago...

- GS

Back
Top Bottom