Lords Not Following Me (As Marshal)

Users who are viewing this thread

king_tware

Recruit
I seem to have a very annoying problem, I am a vassal of the Holy Roman Empire and I just accepted marshalship. I talked to my companions to start a campaign and NONE of the vassals are following me. When I talk to them and ask the question, "What you and your men doing?", the lords states what he is doing and then they all say "our marshal is indisposed".

My controversy is 0, my renown is around 1100, about 75%+ of the lords have a 10+ relation with me. I have a high honor rating and an army of over a 100 highly trained men. This issue really disappointments me because to I love being marshal due to the fact the AI are way too dumb when it comes to being a marshal in the battlefield and campaign.

I noticed when I have a campaign in progress, an script error happens more commonly. Not sure if that script error has anything to do with this issue.

I'm running the latest version of Warband with the latest version of the mod. My OS is Windows 8.

Screenshot of the script error I see.
script_error.jpg

I apologize if this topic has been brought up before, I've search for it on Google and this forum and didn't seem to find a solve for this issue. If there is, feel free to yell at me for being too dumb for not seeing it.

The script error seems to be exactly what is wrong with your game and the AI lords not following you as their new marshal. I don't think that this problem can be solved without having a look at the script decide_faction_ai, if it indeed should be a problem within the code, and/or starting a new game.

Damn, would this be a problem I could fix myself if I looked into the coding? Quite frankly, I don't know much about coding though.  :???:

Or would I need to start a new game anyways so the game can refresh the scripts? I suppose I could just use cheats to mimic to where I left off. I would much prefer it though if I didn't need to start a new game, lol.

If it is a problem with the script/code you won't be able to solve the problem on your own, as you'd need the mod's module system for this. If your current game just bugged out, it could help to start a new game. Or, if you don't want to quit your current game, you could try to leave the faction and do some other stuff, join another faction or become king, etc. However, before doing that that, I would resign the current marshalship and wait whether the AI lords follow their new marshal. Maybe this solves your problem, though I somehow doubt it, but it's still worth a try.

I have exactly the same problem. I tryied to assemble all lords manualy, but thats impossible. Id like to help my faction to be the greatest, but I can do nothing without army. Its around day 900, I am pretty good as a generall and soldier and it is terrible to imagin that I should start new game, play it again for so long time and then see same error. Did anybody try to play new game and succeeded?

Back
Top Bottom