Is there any way I can change the text font in this mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Talinoth

Knight
See title.

I can't read this new font you put into all the unit descriptions, dialogue, events on the field map - literally everything. It hurts my eyes so much. This looks like an interesting mod, but if I can't actually read anything it's going to be an absolute dealbreaker for me.

How can I switch it back to what's used in Native?

Thanks in advance to any kind soul who helps me out here.

Go to the mod's Data folder and remove font_data.xml, then go to the Textures folder and remove font.dds. If you are not sure what are you doing, rename them instead of removing them, so you won't lose the files.

Oh god thank you so much. Not being able to read text popups that indicate when somebody is invading the map or something else is happening, etc etc was really hurting me there.

+1 internets to you good sir.

Talinoth said:
Oh god thank you so much. Not being able to read text popups that indicate when somebody is invading the map or something else is happening, etc etc was really hurting me there.

+1 internets to you good sir.
I am wondering why its messed up at your end. Would it be possible to upload a screenshot?

Hmm... it's not necessarily all the font's fault in the first place.

Warband's UI is always slightly blurry when I play it, on any mod. Even in native, in your character page, with the skill descriptions, that can be quite hard to read, alongside the event text on the field map.

The new font was a little less legible, that's all. Unfortunately, that's all it takes to make something painful, instead of just slightly irritating to read.

I will rename the font_data.xml and FONT.dds files back to their original names and upload a screenshot of what I mean when I have the time.

Talinoth said:
Hmm... it's not necessarily all the font's fault in the first place.

Warband's UI is always slightly blurry when I play it, on any mod. Even in native, in your character page, with the skill descriptions, that can be quite hard to read, alongside the event text on the field map.

The new font was a little less legible, that's all. Unfortunately, that's all it takes to make something painful, instead of just slightly irritating to read.

I will rename the font_data.xml and FONT.dds files back to their original names and upload a screenshot of what I mean when I have the time.
That is interesting. Thank you for the feedback. I do not know why Warband causes font trouble for you, but i suggest you check out this thread, maybe you could improve something.

Back
Top Bottom