OSP Fantasy World Map Game of Thrones - Westeros Map Mesh V2

Users who are viewing this thread

This was done by request last month. I was in the mood so I made it today:
x9.gif

The mesh is ready for import into a map editor. It has to be edited first so I didn't add a "map.txt" file. It has about 110,000 faces, and the water area of the map has been optimized to about 40%; enough so that you can fine tune the map. This is the most detailed mesh I've put out. The land itself is not optimized. Also I've stretched out the East, South, and West ocean line for you. And the map is cut off at the top, I couldn't find a very detailed map showing all of Westeros.

Update 2:
It now includes an even lower version of the hills called "Reference Hills" This is probably the more realistic one to start with, but may require that you manually fine tune the height of the map.

Download Here

Computica said:
Ah, no wonder. Thanks, I hope someone can use it so I can play on it.
Yeah. I would use it if I was doing a game of thrones mod.

Maybe include Essos (and maybe Sothoros if you're really ambitious) too, like make it the biggest map possible, like as far as Asshai. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Known_World That would be ******* amazing. :grin:

Ah shame it doesn't include essos. I'm now in the middle of a new map for my mod and this would have saved me some time.

When you say faces do you mean vertices? 110k vertices sounds a lot?

produno said:
When you say faces do you mean vertices? 110k vertices sounds a lot?
No, it has around 58,150 Vertices & 116,009 Faces. This is so the modder can maximize the detail on the land mesh and modify it at will.

In comparison to Warband's Calradia there are 20791 Vertices & 41,387 Faces. It will run fine when loaded into Warband as in-game the entire map is not shown all at once.

Ah ok. As you can guess I'm not too clued up on the technical yargon jargon :smile:.

If you feel like making one with essos to be able to include the cities Qohor and Volantis then let me know :grin:. The one I've started has 62k vertices and I had just started to smooth the coast and weld the vertices in the water to lower the map amount.

Lumos said:
Looks very nice, Computica, as usual.
May I remind you folks that the basis (i.e. 95% of the job) of the amazing world map seen in TBS is Computica's fault. :smile:
I'm glad your liking it Lumos. That map you have is Huge! I'm going to play your mod again when I get the chance.

Since I'm getting a lot of PMs about the map I'm going to make one with lower hills this time and another that has the water line much closer to the coast.

Computica said:
I'm glad your liking it Lumos. That map you have is Huge! I'm going to play your mod again when I get the chance.

Since I'm getting a lot of PMs about the map I'm going to make one with lower hills this time and another that has the water line much closer to the coast.

And...
cwr said:
Maybe include Essos (and maybe Sothoros if you're really ambitious) too, like make it the biggest map possible, like as far as Asshai. http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Known_World That would be ******* amazing. :grin:
produno said:
Ah shame it doesn't include essos. I'm now in the middle of a new map for my mod and this would have saved me some time.
:smile:

Back
Top Bottom