[BUGS] Freelancer 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to download it, a message pops up saying that it was designed for verision 1.143 and I have 1.153. What do I do?

i suppose this had been already reported but i got to kill a no headed myself 4-5 time per tournament

flare said:
i suppose this had been already reported but i got to kill a no headed myself 4-5 time per tournament

Thanks Flare, no I have not seen or heard of this one before, what version of M&B are you using? Freelancer shouldn't make any changes to the tourney part of the game at all as far as I'm concerned. Is this plain Dip, PBod & FL you are playing or is it another mod? cheers -G :mrgreen:

kingtoast said:
When I try to download it, a message pops up saying that it was designed for verision 1.143 and I have 1.153. What do I do?

Kingy, I havn't seen many issues with 1.153 my end, most of the time I say ignore and play on! ... the new version I'll be releasing is 'meant' to work with 1.153 and also tweaks out a few bugs found earlier, this version 1.51 of Freelancer is the same version used and modified by the Floris team. cheers! -G :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editted for the sake of NO DOUBLE POSTS :grin: by Swordyke

taragoth said:
flare said:

Thanks Flare, no I have not seen or heard of this one before, what version of M&B are you using? Freelancer shouldn't make any changes to the tourney part of the game at all as far as I'm concerned. Is this plain Dip, PBod & FL you are playing or is it another mod? cheers -G :mrgreen:

I thought it should've been gone by now in FL 1.5, but it seems it wasn't fixed :/
This bug was already there in FL 1.4, as can be seen here in bold:

taragoth said:
Can't fight any battle and using WSE-launcher? - Don't use it :wink: Use WB-launcher
Game crashes when entering something, using 1.143? - Solution-link
Missing arrows, gloves, bolts,... , using 1.143 - Use 1.134 WB-version or cheat menu
Another player duplicate in the castle or in tournaments - No solution yet, ignore him, kill him,...

EDIT: Will be updating the first post tomorrow :smile:

taragoth said:
flare said:

kingtoast said:

Kingy, I havn't seen many issues with 1.153 my end, most of the time I say ignore and play on! ... the new version I'll be releasing is 'meant' to work with 1.153 and also tweaks out a few bugs found earlier, this version 1.51 of Freelancer is the same version used and modified by the Floris team. cheers! -G :mrgreen:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editted for the sake of NO DOUBLE POSTS :grin: by Swordyke
Okay awesome i'll give it a try!

The biggest issue for me at the moment is still the siege defense bug in 1.5, Siege defenses were some of my favorite parts of the earlier versions, is there some kind of hotfix available or is it a case of waiting till the next version?

edit: I've found a small in-game work around that allows you to play siege defence for others having this problem:

When a castle you're in is under siege, or the army you're in is moving towards a friendly town under siege retire from your lords service, wait for them to join in the fight (make sure the battle has actually begun and they're not just waiting outside the castle), then enter the town and go into the castle, request to join your lords army again and you should be immediately given the option to "join the battle" rather than being stuck on the "Follow your commander into battle" screen.

Also ran into another problem, got a continuous stream of errors (they literally wouldn't end) after Count Marmum who I was playing as a swadian knight for went turn cloak and joined the nords, I revolted against him and the errors started, I'll get  a screenshot of the recent message screen in a bit.

As you probably know when you become a marshal the lords never gather when you request so.
Is there any solution to that or I must wait till the new version of freelancer is out?

hey i really love help i was playing m&b today and loaded freelancer and when i started all the lords sat in castles and DID NOT MOVE they literally sat there i had one guy with me and sat next to a castle which had like 2 lords in it and they did nothing i really wana play this mod again  :sad: but cant because of this bug or issue also: almost every7 other mod has this to execpt diplomacy i am on ver. 1.153 so it might be that im not sure pls help me thank you!

snichkilla said:
hey i really love help i was playing m&b today and loaded freelancer and when i started all the lords sat in castles and DID NOT MOVE they literally sat there i had one guy with me and sat next to a castle which had like 2 lords in it and they did nothing i really wana play this mod again  :sad: but cant because of this bug or issue also: almost every7 other mod has this to execpt diplomacy i am on ver. 1.153 so it might be that im not sure pls help me thank you!
i fixed it :grin: im really happy if it messes up again ill let you know now if you dont mind i have a lord to server  :grin:  :lol:

snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:
i fixed it :grin: im really happy if it messes up again ill let you know now if you dont mind i have a lord to server  :grin:  :lol:
now it's doing it again... i did a quest for the khergit claimit guy and fnished it then after taking all the places they just sat in the castles again.. and on a new game they did it too :sad:

snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:
now it's doing it again... i did a quest for the khergit claimit guy and fnished it then after taking all the places they just sat in the castles again.. and on a new game they did it too :sad:

The only reason this happens is if your cheat your character's level insanely high (>2000) over the legal level cap of 63. Export your character to .txt, edit your XP back down to a legal level, and reimport.

(Good note to self is to check if something you are doing--ie cheating--is breaking things before reporting)

Caba`drin said:
snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:

The only reason this happens is if your cheat your character's level insanely high (>2000) over the legal level cap of 63. Export your character to .txt, edit your XP back down to a legal level, and reimport.

(Good note to self is to check if something you are doing--ie cheating--is breaking things before reporting)
thank you so much yes i did do that never knew that im new to this thank you!!!!!!! your awsome! ima go play it now thx sooooo much

Great mod! one of the best after Diplomacy and Pbod so i started adding it to my personal mod which i might released it soon to "ze" public.

Some questions and bugs:

- I am encountering some bugs and i am not sure if they are related to the 1.51 source modmerge version or is problem/conflict between my mod and freelancer files(some pointers on how to fix that would be much appreciated)

BUG 1: The leave timer expires after 7 days instead of 14 days (2 weeks) and u become deserter - I fixed this in my version
BUG 2: Leave Quest doesn't end when you return to the lord, no relation loss, but still - I fixed this in my version

Question/BUG 3: This may not be related, but sometimes i get to fight alone against the enemy after the party has been defeated, is this related to that stupid routing system from native?

BUG 4: This is a big one, when you party gets defeated and escape from the lord that captured you, a clone remains there untill it escapes or magically somebody pays for his ransom. Those money will be deducted from your money when  he is released - I MIGHT have a fix for this, testing...

Stuff 5: Now while i am not a great scripter/basic programming skills, today i did something great to your mod.

I noticed that once you are defeated the XP, days in service are reset, its like you never been there and you start over again. After 2 hours of playing and thinking on how to do it. I managed to do it and it works, based on quest.

(Scripting stuff)

What i did, is to use another state (3), when the party is defeated, and start a quest on defeat very similar to "event_leave". I removed capture on defeat and basically when the party is defeated you go directly to state 3, and a quest is initiated for you to return to your lord in 14 days or you are a deserter. On return you have a dialogue and you finish the quest and return to the army and your stats (commanders report) are the same as the ones before you got defeated (this was a big problem to the mod). I cant believe i did this on first try (a little buggy, but it works lol) :shock:

Of course, if you need these fixes i am happy to send them to you.

Question: I haven't identified the relation add on retirement which is ridiculous sometimes and i wanted to fix it based on service days.

- Is this the line? (call_script, "script_finish_quest", "qst_freelancer_enlisted", 100), #percentage--make based on days served?

Final:  Are these bug related to my mod merge version? Maybe some conflicts between my mod and freelancer, where to look? Constants? Headers? I am not very good at debugging conflicts between mods, still learning things...

Thanks for a great mod!

Caba`drin said:
snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:
snichkilla said:

I actually it happen to me too, and i dont cheat i barely had 1k renown and level 27. I believe its because that duplicate player character. The error is on invalid party id first on decisions and calculate party fit, so i think it is:

1) The duplicate character is considered a lord and is the invalid party
2) A remnant from the old version bug... where a lord stop responding...
3) Something else...

I will investigate. Good mod but full of game breaking bugs...How come 5 people worked on this and is such a mess...

MB:W 1.153, floris 2.5

I didnt get whole equip when promoting to I3 Nord Gridman - Throwing axe, second shield and a 2H axe are missing.

I got only one shield and the sword, both fit right. And instead of the missing things i got a Hatchet and Swadians stone xD

It got me smiling really xD Swadians stones jaachacha...... in a good way.

Really enyoing this mod, GREAT JOB guys...

I have plenty of free time so im free for some testing, improving, debugging. If you want me, just tell me what to do.

Also if your Lord gets inprisoned and the 14 days runs out, you are screwed.. just like me seconds ago xD

Ok you can enlist at any other lord in that faction, but you start from scratch...

It offered me I2 Nord Huscarl almost right away, but again only with shield and a sword.... second shield and throwing axes are missing.

Before i got to I3 in first lords army i had them when i was I2. Strange.

I think i got this game to its knees. Need a fresh start.

Hilarious!

I toke a look at the Floris Freelancer source and you guys fixed most of the things there and made that quest on defeat almost the same i did. Nice, ill use that source since it seems Caba or some other good coder went through it. No need for me to reinvent the wheel:razz:

I don't know if this mod is dead now (considering the mod development thread) or if anyone else has answers about this, but I'm dying for an answer.

I've also encountered the bug where, as marshal, other lords do not respond to my campaign summons and consequently believe me to be indisposed. Looking through the bug reports for the Floris Mod Pack, it seems that the problem may arise when the player is enlisted with an army, and is then captured while enlisted. I was definitely enlisted, and captured many times.  Is there any way to fix this, or has someone else already fixed it?

I have the latest version of Warband (1.54, I think) and version 1.5 of Freelancer. I am not using the Floris Mod Pack. In the notes/characters screen it lists me as a prisoner of the Nords for the past 600 or so days.

Thanks to anyone who replies to this. And thank you to the mod developers for making it in the first place.

I've not had the game long, but I've had untold hours of fun thanks to your efforts. That's part of the reason I'm so desperate for any response I might get. I know that I could tell individual lords to follow me, but I feel this would severely hamper my ability to successfully play the game. Your mod has allowed me to painstakingly but enjoyably bring a character from the lowliest recruit, to a knight, to a noble, and then to a marshal. This bug makes me feel as if I would have to stop playing this character altogether. It's a real bummer to think I might have to end his specific story so abruptly.

Thanks!

From what i know that its the bug from 1.5 and 1.51, so not much you can do. 1.5x has many bugs, the guys at Floris fixed most of them. So what you can do?

Download Floris mod basic, advanced or expanded and play with that(1.153) or try
A compilation of mods like Warband Enhanced which is more lite, but has Freelancer Fixed. (1.143)

Or Wait for Freelancer 2.0 :smile:

Thanks for helping. I'm trying Floris Basic, and am getting a crash and error when I attempt to load my freelancer savegame. It has something to do with a trigger limit being exceeded. I'm off to the Floris forum to ask for help with that.

It seems as if Freelancer II isn't going to be happening, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help!

General_Buttnaked said:
Thanks for helping. I'm trying Floris Basic, and am getting a crash and error when I attempt to load my freelancer savegame. It has something to do with a trigger limit being exceeded. I'm off to the Floris forum to ask for help with that.

It seems as if Freelancer II isn't going to be happening, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help!

You never know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom