Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,215150.msg5158217.html#msg5158217

If that list of NPC interactions is correct, support mission objections appear to be bugged. I'll do some playing with it in a bit, but at the very least Borcha is upset over Alayen having been sent out.

Edit: Oh yes: using the expanded version of the Mod

Edit 2: Nevermind, appears Windyplains' got the list backwards.

Hello, found some queer things and I thought you should be notified.

1) Blue and white tuareg helms seem to be incorrectly name swapped.  Blue ones are labeled white, and vise versa.

2) Forgot to keep one, but the helm the desert raiders wear seems to always wanna replace my companion's helmets.  I had a winged helm, and bunduk traded it for the cracked raider hat.  I'm pretty sure it was just the cracked versions.

3)Uhhun castle, of the Khergits, is RIDICULOUS! I just fought a battle to take the castle and had to kill 50 men myself, and then use the cheat ctrl+F4 to knockout guys who just didn't show up, but were on the minimap.  Most of my men went up the middle ladder, and were totally out of the fight, they couldn't make it past the crenellation.  The castle itself is divided into 2 parts, which was very cool, but none of the enemies spawned right, and it made the fight last forever.  I'm thinking the ladders should be placed differently, like on the wall that links the 2 castles.

Thanks for the great mod, hope this helps.

Zoshonel said:
3)Uhhun castle, of the Khergits, is RIDICULOUS! I just fought a battle to take the castle and had to kill 50 men myself, and then use the cheat ctrl+F4 to knockout guys who just didn't show up, but were on the minimap.  Most of my men went up the middle ladder, and were totally out of the fight, they couldn't make it past the crenellation.  The castle itself is divided into 2 parts, which was very cool, but none of the enemies spawned right, and it made the fight last forever.  I'm thinking the ladders should be placed differently, like on the wall that links the 2 castles.

Thanks for the great mod, hope this helps.

Second this/ Some of the castles seem to be heavily bugged. It seems the people who made them just didn't take into account the extremely stupid AI. E. g. in Uhhun Castle half of my troops got stuck on the ladder, while the second half was busy banging their empty heads on the wall.
Are there any plans on polishing bugged locations in the next release? 

When I try to create acres they give me negative income instead of positive, if I sell them I retain said negative income. Someone with more of a clue should give this a go, I imported one of my old (and very rich) characters, and decided I'd waste his fortune on acres in praven so that I wouldn't have to run about so much.

Turns out, creating acres will ruin your game, well at least it ruined my game.

How many acres did you build? If there are more acres than the population needs (1 per 200 ppl), then nobody will rent them and you have to pay the upkeep for it. You need to sell acres until you are below the threshold, the town will then balance out the ratio over time - until balance is achieved, your acres are the first to suffer.

Building acres is always a gamble, because the available acres that the town provides at the minimum provide enough for the town population. There is a tolerance depending on prosperity, which will allow you to gain some money from surplus acres, but that is a low number. Check here for more info on the bank: http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Bank

But I'm just a big dumb knight, that's way too much thinking for me :razz: guess I'll go back to slaughtering villages, it's more suited to my talents.

May be intentional or a product of native but troop distribution in battles is heavily unbalanced if one party is  significantly larger then the other. Loosing fights because I only deploy a dozen or so men is not fun.

halfeclipse said:
May be intentional or a product of native but troop distribution in battles is heavily unbalanced if one party is  significantly larger then the other. Loosing fights because I only deploy a dozen or so men is not fun.
That's native and is countered, or at least improved, by the tactics skill.

halfeclipse said:

Get battlesizer and up the limit for chaps on the field, if your computer can do it. I have mine at 700 now, I used to use 1k but so many mods use custom forts these days and a lot of them just aren't designed for a large amount of people, so there isn't room enough to spawn or you get other types of weirdness.

Not an option. Even with a slight increase the battle re-sizer makes the game stutter a fair bit and half the time won't recognize any orders I give out. Which is annoying since my PC really should be powerful enough to handle it.

halfeclipse said:
Not an option. Even with a slight increase the battle re-sizer makes the game stutter a fair bit and half the time won't recognize any orders I give out. Which is annoying since my PC really should be powerful enough to handle it.
Gaaaaaaaah. :grin: Its not the pc, its the (inefficient/old) game engine. I really need to make a macro for that.  :razz:

My game tends to crash on the tutorial battle with a bandit...I did some research and noticed that when the bandit has a sword the game crashes...Before that I noticed that nords tend to crash my game mostly in hand to hand battle...so I guess that the sword that the bandit has and the nords have is the problem, if it is the same. Can someone check this :grin:, I don't know what's the name of that bandit, so I can't check in morgh's tools

if you pick a companion to play in a battle and then finish the battle as the companion, taking in any items will go into their inventory and, in the prisoner screen, any troop upgrading cost will be deducted from what little money your companion has.

Hey, guys! I just started using this mod a few days ago. For the most part, everything works pretty well, but I have a problem with tournaments. No participants ever have weapons. I don't even have one. I have a shield, but never a sword. Everyone just punches each other, but their punches do zero damage. These two error messages appear repeatedly in the notifications text:

At mission template mst_tpe_tournament_standard trigger no: 10 consequences.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920:Invalid Overlay ID:12 LINE NO: 16:

I have looked through the options menus and I haven't been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vetinari said:
No participants ever have weapons. I don't even have one. I have a shield, but never a sword.
Have you by chance been playing with the game's text files or source code?  This looks to me like the tournament_items.py file isn't getting added on -> items aren't available to be given to the troops -> everyone shows up without a weapon.  The second thing you mentioned that hints at this is that folks still have a shield as the shields (standard ones) are used from the main module_items.py file.

Do any of these scenarios fit by chance:
1) Have you been editing the items.txt file or replaced it in any way?
2) Have you been edting the module_items file and perhaps did something to the modmerger call at the very end of that file?
3) Did you accidentally delete the tournament_items.py file so it isn't being found to merge in?

These two error messages appear repeatedly in the notifications text:
At mission template mst_tpe_tournament_standard trigger no: 10 consequences.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 920:Invalid Overlay ID:12 LINE NO: 16:
I'm guessing you're getting this while inside a tournament, with the in combat display enabled, after hitting the 'escape' key?

Hi there,

cool mod, but i have a quite big problem:

It seems like there are some lords that i simply cant talk to. Meaning when i visit their castle and click on "visit the lords hall" he simply is never there.

His wife is standing there and telling me that her husband is in town / inside of the castle, but he simply isnt inside the room.

At first i thought that this may have something to do with him being wounded and so i waited until he was at 100% again, but i still couldnt find him.

Even though this problem also occurs with castle, i can pretty much manage there, because i can simply request a meeting with him diretly, but meeting the lord of a town is pretty much impossible.

The context of this is, that i got a quest from the lord of keldaran castle (whom i could only meet by requesting a meeting, but not by visiting the lords hall) Lord Grainwald to bring a letter to Lord Kuniras of Veluca. But after riding to Veluca there was no way for me to contact the Lord, and therefore no way for me to finish the quest.

Greets and thanks in advance

Thanks for the help!! I had installed the Gameplay patch onto the Expanded version of the mod. I re-installed everything and now the tournaments work wonderfully.

On 2 different playthroughs i suddenly get a dialogue popup every 5 seconds when i am on the worldmap.

its always the a3 mercenary armbrust who says the text: 
sorry - just talking to myself [error (triggered by npc to join party)]

The first playthrough it happened around day 180 and the second at day 295.
Both times it happened a few weeks after i became king.

Savegame just before the error pops up can be found here:

http://www.crocko.com/C94931320AD9431981842DBDCB098910/sg05.sav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom