[M] Joust & Duel Tournament Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrews

Sergeant
banner1.jpg

Main Concept
This is a Warband Multiplayer Mod fully compatible with Native module designed specifically for the organization of jousting or duel tournaments, which brings a lot of improvement and unique gameplay mechanics. Fully compatible with Native module.

Jousting Features
  • If you kill your opponent's horse, you lose the jousting.
  • The points are valid only if they are made in the rail zone and with each opponent on the opposite side of the jousting rail.
  • Only if your horse has been down you have the right to go to spec without penalty points or money, to replenish your horse. If you take another horse and start a new jousting you lose that right.
  • If you unmount while you are in jousting, it is considered a renounce and you lose.

Duels Features
  • The maps have one ring in which there are two starting lines at the center of this, so to offer duel both opponents must be inside of ring and behind of respective starting lines.
  • When Countdown start, both opponents must wait until it reaches zero (when it is zero a message say you "start!") to cross the starting line and attacks.
  • If one opponent attack before of time, he is disqualified and the victory  is awarded to his rival.
  • When the duel start if one opponent leave the ring, he lose and the victory  is awarded to his rival.
  • When one player isn't in duel he can move freely around the map until he has a new duel.
  • The maps for tournaments have a turret which can only access the admin, with the goal of having a special place to watch the duel and give more atmosphere to tournaments.
  • Added option to unequip defeated players in order to it is not full of weapons scattered everywhere and disturb the visual in duels, so if you put in the video options to zero dead corpses, you have left the stage completely clean.

Jousting & Duels features
  • The admin (o player host) can choose a troop called referee, which has a variety of costumes not available in multiplayer Native, in order to clearly differentiate arbitrators of the players. For counterparty, referee can not start a duel.
  • In all maps are "stands" with weapons to other factions that are fighting in the round. If you lose carrying one or more of these weapons, they appear again in the stand.
  • All events are clearly informed with server's messages
  • Fully integrated with the strong ENL Admin Mod v. 3.1.5 for Mount & Blade Warband 1.153

Download

Only who host the server must download the mod, because it is designed to that any player with the default module can play it. Instructions of installation and usage are inside.

Joust & Duel Tournament Mod

Joust & Duel Tournament mod - Spanish

Extra Info
Module system files are here if you're looking to use the source code for other projects.

Whoa this mod is perfect for tourneys' it'd be even more amazing for games like free lancer I mean imagine if there's top tier units of your unit waiting in each ring to fight you  :twisted: good share man ^^

amazing, creative and helpfull  :grin:
But does scene editing work? can a user do it by himself? is there already made "ring" scene prop or do you have to make it yourselves?

Wu-long said:
Whoa this mod is perfect for tourneys' it'd be even more amazing for games like free lancer I mean imagine if there's top tier units of your unit waiting in each ring to fight you  :twisted: good share man ^^

yes, this mod is intended primarily for tournaments, I think the duels within a ring have more fun, realistic and technical

dia151 said:
amazing, creative and helpfull  :grin:
But does scene editing work? can a user do it by himself? is there already made "ring" scene prop or do you have to make it yourselves?

Thanks, this mod have 4 scenes (maps) which add  to the maps that the game already has by default and this 4 maps have rings which  has been make with "line" native scene prop, for this is that the mod is fully compatibe with Native  :wink:

After many  feedbacks I have taken and implemented the following points that I considered favorable to enhance the experience of the mod:
  • The realization of a map that looks like an arena for duels only and intended for the organization of tournaments.
  • The ring of this arena is slightly raised off the ground as a platform.
  • Galleries around the ring for those who are waiting their turn to fight.
  • Enable a Jousting Zone to the Dedicated Servers Map "Shalott Castle".

Taking these points I made ​​two arenas that meet these characteristics:

Asaman Arena:
mb3.jpg

Soul Duel Arena:
mb19.jpg

(I edited  the first post with more  pics)

Also I just improvised  the Jousting zone of  Shalott Castle map:
JoustingZone.jpg

Finally I also edited  the old maps to optimize  its functionality.

All these changes are in version 1.5 of this mod, first post edited with the changes

Greetings

I am suprised this didn't get any serious attention, good job though. :smile:

I updated the mod with new functions and I changed  the name of  this because it better represents the goal of the mod  :wink:.

Hi Andrews

I have some questions: Does Warband 1.153 supports this mod? Or does it only run in earlier versions? Are you planning any new update on it? I'm asking because I'm new to Warband mods and I'd like to practice some joust with my brother and we both only have 1.153, and your mod is the only one I know that has a jousting arena. Also, it would be nice to have some jousting armors and horses, you could ask wanderer949 to use his warhorses.

I didn't download your mod yet but looking at the screenshots I'm really excited to play it. Nice job.

Oh nice job! i wanted this so long!

Only a question, its only for tournaments really? no more than 2 duelers, it's alright?
Me gusta mucho, la idea de ponerlo en español es maravillosa, un saludo y sigue así! Buen trabajo!

Acid-NN-9 said:
Oh nice job! i wanted this so long!

Only a question, its only for tournaments really? no more than 2 duelers, it's alright?
Me gusta mucho, la idea de ponerlo en español es maravillosa, un saludo y sigue así! Buen trabajo!

Yes, it's only for 2 duelers at once, but here is 1 map with 6 rings ( so for 12 duelers once), 1 jousting zone (only for mounted players) and 1 big zone for free duels. This map is designed for dedicated servers  :wink:

Dumont said:
Hi Andrews

I have some questions: Does Warband 1.153 supports this mod? Or does it only run in earlier versions? Are you planning any new update on it? I'm asking because I'm new to Warband mods and I'd like to practice some joust with my brother and we both only have 1.153, and your mod is the only one I know that has a jousting arena. Also, it would be nice to have some jousting armors and horses, you could ask wanderer949 to use his warhorses.

I didn't download your mod yet but looking at the screenshots I'm really excited to play it. Nice job.

I can only guarantee that this mod works for the 1.143 version of Warband for now, but an updated for 1.153 version is coming soon  :wink:

I appreciate the offer of jousting horses and armor, but the idea of this mod is compatible with the Native Module

Back
Top Bottom