Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

CppCoder said:
For many reasons, I don't like Warband on Steam. I haven't updated Warband recently, but Spring Break is coming up for me, so I'll update Warband and try to get to fixing these bugs. It might be something they changed with the recent patch. MY main computer is also having problems, so I can't promise I'll be able to get these done until I fix it.

Seems to work on my Warband Steam 1.166 install now, I have detailed instructions of what I did above. The main thing I did different I did not do before was  a complete powerdown of my computer, a few minutes might have been enough though it was off for several days in my case.

BTW, this is a great mod, since I have  as a Gondor character,now  I  toured Minas Tirith  for the first time, impressive.

The saved games under Mount and Blade 1.011 became corrupt beginning at around day 102.
If I attempt to load the save game , it gives an  application unexpected terminated the program  type error . This occurs and the saved game does not at all load.  Click ok (it takes gyrations of alt-tab-enter or sometimes escape to even see that error message box and close it) game quits to desktop. 

The RGL log does not show the parties loading (parties set for around 750)

Going back to day 100 save game loads and gameplay continues through around day 124. 
Exiting and quitting Mount and Blade, I return to day 124, but again it fails to load.  I cannot load anything after day 106.

Rather than mess further with it, I abandon Mount and Blade 1.011 TLD and am retrying the game mod on Mount and Blade Warband 1.166 (latest Steam version)

At day 36 so far.  Lost all my men to a persistent multiple orc raiding parties in Rohan. 
Noticed heavy fog in city Edoras.  Read somewhere about an errant fountain and moved the two of them  to locations near the ground level, one at the first gate entrance  and the other near the back archery field.  The city can be approached fog free. 

I also read somewhere of a siege map, is this a different map of the same city that needs the fountains removed / re-situated?

It is my sincere hope to not have any more corrupt game saves and see the War to its end. In this game so far I have seen more towns getting burnt than under  Blade 1.011 in the same time frames.  At day  36 Rohan lost two towns and the other side lost one or two as well. 

This mod  is a great artistic achievement, I wish there was official support  from the franchise, not counting the  the instability, this is the best I LOTR computer rendition have seen so far. 

The save corruption bug on M&B 1.011 was fixed in the latest Nightly Patch. See how to get it here: TLD BitBucket Link (select M&B radio button).

If you are to play on Warband, make sure you download the nightly patch for Warband (same link as above, but select the Warband radio button).

Then, after downloading and installing the nightly patch, start a new game. If you don't, you'll still run into the save corruption issue.

EDIT: Just saw that you use Bladnir's submod. I'm not sure if this is compatible with the nightly patch. If you want to try, install it BEFORE the nightly patches.

Is there any news of the patch that consolidates all the fixes into one patch? I looked through the last few pages and didn't see anything about it.

Vespasianus said:
Is there any news of the patch that consolidates all the fixes into one patch? I looked through the last few pages and didn't see anything about it.

Well. In my opinion this rolling release model is superior in many ways to the old monolithic dumps of doom. Everything is in flux.
You can always choose what version is best for you, receiving every little change some minutes after a dev has committed it.

We may release a tentative TLD 3.3.1 once we all agree to call it done. But it'd just be a glorified pack of whatever you can play now.
With the new tiny download page I believe that getting the right files and install instructions should be more accessible than ever.

The Bitbucket links are direct and hosted on Amazon's S3, so they are as fast as it gets. No ads, registration or cruft.

Swyter said:
Vespasianus said:

Well. In my opinion this rolling release model is superior in many ways to the old monolithic dumps of doom. Everything is in flux.
You can always choose what version is best for you, receiving every little change some minutes after a dev has committed it.
Most people want just one version, the latest stable one, they don't want to spend time reading dev stuff and obscure caveats. There is a case for releasing few, good sized patches instead of realtime updates, not the least being support: you now have countless versions played by many people, each with their own problems.

MadVader said:
Swyter said:
Vespasianus said:

Most people want just one version, the latest stable one, they don't want to spend time reading dev stuff and obscure caveats. There is a case for releasing few, good sized patches instead of realtime updates, not the least being support: you now have countless versions played by many people, each with their own problems.

That's... why... I made that dead simple download page I talked about up there? :fruity:
And there isn't many changes from revision to revision, that's all FUD. It works great.

I forgot to tell that people can see when new revisions come up from our hip Twitter feed thing.

I follow the progress of the mod but most of my friends said "let me know when the latest stable patch is out, then we can start a 60 campaign without worrying about it corrupting or glitching 40 hours in."

That does make sense to me, when you have mods with very long campaigns as in total war or mount and blade mods.

Obviously with a free mod we appreciate whatever the modders provide us and understand if time commitments prevent a new patch. But I can definitely understand what Vader said about the merits of having larger patches so everyone can be on the same page.

I don't think there will be any updates soon, so you could just follow the steps yourself, then upload your TLD folder to google drive (or somewhere else), then ask your friends to simply copy + paste it into their /modules/ folder. I thought about doing that and just giving it to people that ask (in forums or on ModDB), but I didn't want to go around the 'official' way of doing things :smile:

If it is just for your friends, then that's a good way of doing it.  :party:

Oh that's a great idea Kham, I hadn't thought of that!

I will assemble some version of the latest nightly patches and upload for my friends, that way we will all be on the same page.

Are there any of the save corrupting or otherwise game breaking patches left? There weren't many in the last release but it only takes one to ruin a campaign haha.

Thanks for the download link keeping everything on one page and easier to find.

On turn 140+ with Warband, seems pretty stable so far.

Yes, Bladnir's submod had to go, I do not think it is compatible with Warband TLD anyway.  Probably not with the original either after all the nightly patches.  In looking over the files that were changed (- troops.txt- factions.txt- parties.txt- party_template.txt- item_kinds1.txt) some of them seemed to reference long strings of numbers that were totally different than what the nightlys were doing. 

I made a text change to the cost of the scrap, that was an important change in that mod I wanted.

The cost of the low and middle scrap were increased to 50, 75 and the high end reduced to 120  to make all the poorer quality scrap a little less tempting to dump unless chased by a much larger army and I needed speed to get away.

I do very much like the system where one cannot use the other side's stuff, it must be given up for scrap.  The responsibility compensation system also makes sense, they let you have better equipment the more they trust you or "responsible" you are.

Until I understood how the gifts worked, I was running over to their settlements to sell scrap or do tasks for the side I needed responsibility points for.  Else I'd use them to buy food if no soldiers to compensate.  I just may keep on doing that, I think the gifts make it a bit to easy to transfer back and forth responsibility, making it too much like money.

One thing I need to learn in this and Warband, I keep getting KO'd and have to watch the battle.  This game does not reward players for trying to be axe-swinging Conan atop a heap of fallen enemies.  One has to let their troops do the work.  Warband, over the original though, makes it easy to survey the battlefield while unconscious, no awkward keys to remember in order activate that mode ,

Many more hours had been put into this mod than regular Warband, which at this point is hard for me to go back to.

Good to see you are having fun!

I had the same experience with you. I played first as an Uruk Hai of Isengard, and I really had to learn how to be good at marching with my troops (given how it takes a long time before an Uruk can get a mount), and commanding them at the same time. Learned how to use formations quite well (esp. Shield wall) and slowly but surely decimate my enemies. No more Warband (native) charges :smile:

I cant turn M & b v1.011 into TLD, TLD will never appear with the options alongside "native" when i start the game

I´ve tried
v3.3  both installation options (Iron Launcher 1.3.1 / manual) (yes -i have read the manual. Tried both several times, and installing the later v1.011 version of M&B)

Manual installation Works as advertised only as far as making native unplayable.
Iron Launcher doesnt, which leads me to suspect that I cant make it do what it is supposed to, or it isnt doing what it is supposed to. (I cant make any part of IL 1.3.1 semm to do anything)

V3.23 which was supposed to have an autolauncher/ installation wizard. Apparently it didnt, and it wouldnt unzip either.

I´d be happy to hear any suggestions

Contentious said:
I cant turn M & b v1.011 into TLD, TLD will never appear with the options alongside "native" when i start the game

I´ve tried
v3.3  both installation options (Iron Launcher 1.3.1 / manual) (yes -i have read the manual. Tried both several times, and installing the later v1.011 version of M&B)

Manual installation Works as advertised only as far as making native unplayable.
Iron Launcher doesnt, which leads me to suspect that I cant make it do what it is supposed to, or it isnt doing what it is supposed to. (I cant make any part of IL 1.3.1 semm to do anything)

V3.23 which was supposed to have an autolauncher/ installation wizard. Apparently it didnt, and it wouldnt unzip either.

I´d be happy to hear any suggestions

Go here, make sure you choose M&B 1.011, download those two files in order and follow that small paragraph of instructions.
It's been extensively tested by many people, and the newer dinput8.dll Iron Launcher should be unobtrusive.

Forget about older versions or legacy installers. We now support two games, and neither of them break anything else.

Thats what I´ve spent most of the day trying to do.

I can see on forums that I must be about the only one in the World unable to do this.

Is it wrong to manually copy over the new parts from the patch? (couldnt see how else to do it).

Contentious said:
Thats what I´ve spent most of the day trying to do.

I can see on forums that I must be about the only one in the World unable to do this.

Is it wrong to manually copy over the new parts from the patch? (couldnt see how else to do it).

No, copying over is the right way of doing it. Let's make it a bit more verbose.

We're going to install TLD in M&B 1.011. Download these two files:

• [+]
    Code:
    https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/tld-downloads/downloads/TLD_3.3.7z
    [+]
    Code:
    https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/tld-downloads/downloads/TLD_3.3_nightly_patch_2015.04.01-09.17_r2040.7z

Go to the place M&B 1.011 is installed. Normally the Modules folder of the game is in one of these locations by default:

• [+] Taleworlds installer →
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade\modules\
    [+] Steam version →
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mount and blade\modules\

(Remove or rename any other preexisting TLD folder that you might have already installed. Maybe reinstalling M&B 1.011 is a good idea if you installed an older version of TLD that replaced core files. Starting from scratch seems like a good way of avoiding this kind of mistakes. After uninstalling the game ensure that there aren't any remaining traces by completely nuking the game folder.)

Open
Code:
TLD_3.3.7z
with something like 7-zip, extract its TLD folder inside of the Modules folder we've talked about earlier. If you have done it correctly that TLD folder will appear right next to Native. If there are many other files you've done it wrong.

Open
Code:
TLD_3.3_nightly_patch_2015.04.01-09.17_r2040.7z
, and do the same thing. It will ask you about overwriting, accept.

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade\modules\TLD
    [+] Steam version →
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mount and blade\modules\TLD

(Biggest mistakes or things that might go wrong are extracting a TLD folder into the TLD folder. Or extracting *the contents* of the TLD folder into the Modules folder, don't do that.)

Finally. Go inside of the TLD folder, search for a file called
Code:
dinput8.dll
; right click, click on copy, navigate up two times until you are in the base game folder and paste it in there. There are other
Code:
.dll
files as well as the main in-game executable in there.

By default it is located in:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade\
    [+] Steam version →
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mount and blade\

And... that's it. Open the game and in the Launcher a TLD entry should be available in the combo-box, ready to play.  :party:

hehe tnx a lot for carving it in stone  :grin:

One thing here that didnt Work for me me was extracting TLD into modules (I was not "allowed" to do that by the PC). So I copied the in-an-other-place extracted files to the Module folder. Would that explain why it doesnt Work?

Contentious said:
hehe tnx a lot for carving it in stone  :grin:

One thing here that didnt Work for me me was extracting TLD into modules (I was not "allowed" to do that by the PC). So I copied the in-an-other-place extracted files to the Module folder. Would that explain why it doesnt Work?

Maybe. Modern Windows versions don't let normal users write inside of Program Files.
Try something like this in the Mount&Blade folder, take ownership and then assign yourself total control like in this video:

It's not exactly the same but you get my drift. Shouldn't be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom