OSP Animations Animations for the community - Shield bash animation released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to make a few animations for the general use of the community. This thread is for suggesting animations for me to make, and for fleshing out the design of those animations. Please let me know here the animations that you think would benefit the community the most!

I'm particularly looking for animations that could be used by many different mods, and animations that are likely to be implemented (for which there is, or soon will be, mechanical support).

I'll be looking for help with the design of the animations, so please post descriptions, pictures, or videos of suggested movements.

Latest release

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3087

Contents: Pike-bracing animations (a standing version and a crouching version) and a shield bash animation.

Videos and Images of the animations so far

~ Video of pike-bracing by Caba`drin: http://www.wegame.com/watch/mb-warband-papas-spear-bracing-animations/

~ Shield bash animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMwkYVO9t4

News

25.6.11 ~ Posted video of first draft of the standing pike-bracing animation (see the post here).

27.7.11 ~ Released pike-bracing animations, a standing version and a crouching version. Might be errors. See post here.

13.9.11 ~ Added shield bash animation to the pack.

aragorn1.jpg

I would like to have this stand animation for two handed weapons. Middle one...

Isnt the current holding animation almost exactly like the one on the left?
Ikaguia said:
a cheer animation for mounted units
Whats wrong with the normal ones?

Also, I believe a new reloading animation for muskets/pistols wouldnt hurt.

I was pointing for middle one, actually it reminds me of animation already in game but i want that animation static, must always remain.

A foot at the spears end and the spear 45° degree towards the incoming horse. Something like this..

I guess this could really be useful, so I 'vote' for that, too.

Somebody said:
An actual spear bracing animation (as opposed to holding thrust) would be fantastic. I have no references though.
This.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Also, I believe a new reloading animation for muskets/pistols wouldnt hurt.
And this.

Anything else is really unneeded imo, a realistic spear bracing animation would be beautiful.

It looks like you will be snowed under with requests quite quickly, but I might as well put in a few, just in case something takes your fancy: for the Persistent World mod, it would be useful to have some simple non combat gestures like "halt!" (palm held up), "come here" and "go there" (hand gestures), salute (touch forelock), bow, wave hand (to attract attention), surrender. I'm guessing that you meant combat animations, though; I should probably make the effort to learn the animating process myself instead.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sounds like the spear-brace will be my first one. If anyone could post references for a technique, that would be appreciated. Note that the right hand must be holding the weapon at the usual place.

Is there a known way to add a new animation to the spear-bracing mechanic? My general plan was to provide the frames of animation in the appropriate format, and leave the implementation to others.

Vornne said:
It looks like you will be snowed under with requests quite quickly, but I might as well put in a few, just in case something takes your fancy: for the Persistent World mod, it would be useful to have some simple non combat gestures like "halt!" (palm held up), "come here" and "go there" (hand gestures), salute (touch forelock), bow, wave hand (to attract attention), surrender. I'm guessing that you meant combat animations, though; I should probably make the effort to learn the animating process myself instead.
Non-combat animations are fine too. I may well follow your requests up, since those animations would be simple to make.

Well before you get too busy with the 'idle' animations, do you actually have a reliable way to implement all of them?

How about, fixing the forward runcycles so the head doesnt bob up and down so much, it's alway bothered me. Easiest way would be to import the current anim, throw the spine>head onto an IK and then weight the ik to about 50% so it distributes the bounce across the spine...unless the program you are using doesn't have any animation blending.

I would put in a request for a slinging animation replacing the crossbow.

Continuous slinging seems like it would require huge amounts of coding (and is probably impossible) but one quick motion should be fairly simple.

Might I suggest one of these techniques?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBh2B3oeKtM&feature=related (I prefer the over-head technique)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADQStF-Rq4&feature=related

These seem to lend themselves to the "Load-Ready-Fire-Load" crossbow animation system.

I know this would be greatly appreciated by not only me =)

Back
Top Bottom