i buyed game, can't play: FAILED TO CONTACT KEY SERVER

Users who are viewing this thread

hi all

i'm a warband player, and i am converting as many friends as possible to warband.
a friend of mine got it throught steam, he got the problem of the missing CD key (they saied they have ended avaible keys! unbelivable!), then he get key and he had the 4x4 / 5x5 trouble, also this a ridicolous problem. finally he was able to play.
i bought another game for another friend, he instaled steam, then the game, but it gives him "FAILED TO CONTACT KEY SERVER" error, and he can't play.

THIS IS VERY BAD, you play for a product that cannot be activated, with many problems just to be activated!

PLEASE do something, i don't know what say to my friend, i gived him a gift but he can't play, i't a shame for me.

thanks.

Verify game files, restart Steam.
If that doesn't work, I don't know. Valve officials (Yeah, the issue is with Steam, not the game itself) say they resolved the issue a year ago.

EDIT: That said, he could always install the game without Steam. Get the CD key from Steam, download the game from Taleworld's servers and use the key with that.

EDIT:

ah it is obvious that he CAN'T get cd key, because THAT is the problem ("failed to contact key server" say it all), the impossibility to get cd key.

I meant that he opens Steam, selects Warband and presses the "CD key" link on the right hand side of the window. From there he can get the CD key, which he then uses with the non-Steam version.

WarbandCDkey.jpg

heh it sounds good, i tried myself on hi account because i was not beliving it.....when i did it it says "failed to contact key server" !
i really don't know what to do!

ok i tried again now, after your words......it works now.
i mean works show cd key but works automatic too!
i swear on my life we tried both yesterday and was not working....
anyway now it work, thanks for the replys, bye!

Back
Top Bottom