Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruger

I suppose it's inevitable that we'll have some bugs, specially in the early releases. Feel free to report anything that is not under known bugs, hopefully it'll stay somwhat clean though:

FOR PEOPLE WITH CRASHES:
To all of you with crashes, you could check out this thread (from the the 1257 mod), and see if their tips can help you. I asked if Othr would anything against me directing people to it, but since he hasn't answered I figured he didn't see a problem with it. If it turn out he does I'll just take it down.

You obviously shouldn't post anything related to Europe 1200 there.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Useful tips for improving performance (mix of Kinsume's and Mamluke's tips)

- Go to the rgl_config.txt file (inside Mount&Blade Warband folder in My Documents) and change render_buffer_size to 500 (this one is really important).
- Make sure "Load Textures on Demand" and "Force Single Threading" are checked in the advanced configuration settings.
- Make sure the Edit Mode is NOT activated while actively playing the game.
- No need to set the max framerate on anything higher than 70-80 (the human eye can only see 60 fps at best, so...)
- Do NOT put Ragdolls and Corpses to "unlimited" (40 corpses and 10 ragdolls should be perfectly enough).
- Do NOT put the battlesize over 200 (putting it on 100 or less will probably help a lot if having performance issues or CTDs).
- Try to keep some balance between the diverse configuration options in order to keep the performance % over 100% (anti-aliasing is quite resource-consuming for what it does in this game).

For the Water Crossing Bug
It's possible you may experience a glitch that causes water crossing to stop working. If so, first thing should be to try the following steps (thanks to jesper82):

1. Right click on .exe file or the shortcut to the game.
2. Select "Properties".
3. Select "Compatibility".
4. Change the compatibility mode to XP or Vista (7 also seems to work).
5. Also remember to choose "Run this program as an administrator".
If the bug comes back just change compatibility mode to something else and it works again.

The above seems to fix it properly, but if it doesn't, alternative methods include exiting the game and moving your savegame file out of its folder (in My Documents), then pasting it back again. Or save your game and return to main menu, start a new game (in which water crossing should work again), then exit again and load your old savegame. It should be working again.

Other known minor bugs
-You have to re-enter the arena to claim your reward after a sparring.

-Some error messages on the campaign map now and then (don't worry about it).

-Collect taxes quest is partially "broken" (can still be finished!).

-Lords can apparently dissapear forever.

-Some banner problems with manpower.

-Schools are not working.

Some of the factions implemented aren't available to start at when you begin a new game (Norway/Denmark that I noticed).

Hjoerring, the danish village switches from village gfx to ship gfx.

I think this entire preparing for an attack thing should just be abandoned, I can't join my kingdom in a siege attack because of the damn thing, either the siege is over before I am prepared or I can't manage to do anything but speak to the commander -_-

I get an "get object failed for mesh, yellow leaf or something" on startup.

Had the same error when running brytenwalda mod (yellow leaf), i got the polished landscapes for that n it fixed it. I have PL but don't know how i'll do it for 1200.

El-Diablito said:
I think this entire preparing for an attack thing should just be abandoned, I can't join my kingdom in a siege attack because of the damn thing, either the siege is over before I am prepared or I can't manage to do anything but speak to the commander -_-

Maybe it's should just be reduced to like 4 hours. It's supposed to make the player not being able to run over an entire kingdom with a large army, since time doesn't pass by when you join the assault, or let you troops do it.

I get an "get object failed for mesh, yellow leaf or something" on startup.

Had the same error when running brytenwalda mod (yellow leaf), i got the polished landscapes for that n it fixed it. I have PL but don't know how i'll do it for 1200.

That has nothing to do with E1200, must have been a bad instalment of Polished Landscape by you. I never tried out Polished Landscapes, so I don't excatly know what to do either.

Its brilliant to see this finally up. I've been longing for it for months! :grin:

I dont know if you already know about this but when I join the arena melee fights (in toulouse at least, not been anywhere else yet), I spawn with all my weapons and my horse while everyone else is unarmed. Needless to say its fun but probably not as intended.

1. When loading the game it says: "unable to find material banner". And then continues loading.

2. When its almost finished loading I get thrown out of the game with an error saying "get_object_failed for mesh: prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a

And I would like to point out that I have never installed the polished landscape mod, which you point out might be the cause of this error.

I'm gonna try to re-install the mod to see if it fixes the problem.

Btw, good to see the mod is progressing so neatly!  :grin:

EDIT: Re-download did not remove the problems. Game still crashes.

Tchan said:
Wierd, i only installed it into my other mod folder. K chrz

Pistoldreng said:
1. When loading the game it says: "unable to find material banner". And then continues loading.

2. When its almost finished loading I get thrown out of the game with an error saying "get_object_failed for mesh: prt_mesh_yrellow_leaf_a

And I would like to point out that I have never installed the polished landscape mod, which you point out might be the cause of this error.

I'm gonna try to re-install the mod to see if it fixes the problem.

Btw, good to see the mod is progressing so neatly!  :grin:

EDIT: Re-download did not remove the problems. Game still crashes.

Maybe it's a version compability problem? Are you sure you have patch 1.132?

EDIT: Wait a sec, I think it's my fault, since I'm not currently using the materials from 1.132, but from an earlier version. Might have been the same thing they did in Brythenwalda, so therefore, instaling polished landscapes, who did use materials from 1.132 will have solved the problem.

Damn I feel stupid, I'll get a fix up in no time, will be save-game compatible as well.

EDIT 2: Uploaded the hotfix, find it in the Download and Description thread.

Vlejundo said:
Whenever I click on the water region, the game pauses, as if an accessible region was selected.

The party still travels across water, but only, if land on the otherside of the ocean is selected.

Yes, you can only travel to land, or to a party on the water. It's the price to pay for you being able to go anywhere, from anywhere. There is sadly nothing I can do about it.

Vlejundo said:
After taking a walk around Aviz, a second me appeared and asks me "What is your bidding", then the options "I wish to resign the marshallship", "I have meet on my travels one, who calls himself qwe (Note: qwe is my chars name), etc. appear. My clone simply considers himself to be king. What a maniac.  :mrgreen:

Balsiefen said:
Its brilliant to see this finally up. I've been longing for it for months! :grin:

I dont know if you already know about this but when I join the arena melee fights (in toulouse at least, not been anywhere else yet), I spawn with all my weapons and my horse while everyone else is unarmed. Needless to say its fun but probably not as intended.

Certainly not supposed to happen  :neutral:

:oops: You were right I had an older version, which caused the game to crash. So now (with the updated version) I can start the game.

I've applied the materials-hotfix, but it still gives me the error-problem when loading the game. No problem starting the game though.

Minor glitches

I just asked a lord about the tournaments: "Can you tell me more about teams?" The reply I got was incomplete. The last sentence reads: "The same way, belonging to a prestigious team will make you famous by association, but if your team looses renown." Obviously the part that tells you that you will loose renown if your team looses renown is missing.

I approached a nobleman in a castle, after I won a tournament and fought some looters being highly outnumbered and thus gained some renown, and he said to me: "You must be playername Gerhard von Vondere, I've heard of you." Gerhard von Vondere is indeed my character's name and "playername" is redundant.

Whenever I tell Raimbaut de Vacqueiras, my one and only companion, to take some equipment from the item pool he puts the swaybacked saddle horse I gave to him back into the item pool. I guess this bug happens regardless of the specific companion or type of horse, although I haven't checked that.

What are the req's to join the tournament teams on the iberian circuit again?

I've got 212 renown and not a *single* one lets me join, they've been saying I need 100-150-200 renown since I had 100 renown and say the same now that I have 212 renown.

Edit: I cheated my renown up to about 260 and was able to join a team.

I think you should add renown req's to the info thread.

I just got attacked by steppe bandits near Cordoba.

also are 2h war cleavers realistic for 1200?

Edit: also tundra bandits near seville

So I guess we can't state the autoloot stuff isn't functioning like it should.

Balsiefen said:
also are 2h war cleavers realistic for 1200?

Certainly not :smile:

El-Diablito said:
I think you should add renown req's to the info thread.

Will do.

When I start the game, i get this error:

RGL ERROR.

get-object failed for texture: pebbles_normal.

What could it be?
I Downloaded and overwritten the materials.brf file, and still the same error.

Someone who can help me out?

M.

Well, I played it with 1.113..like the whole Europe 1200 topic said 'for version 1.113'

Now i played with 1.131 and it works.

I have seen full plate armour and plate boots (bought me some) and I thought this was the age of mail?! I haven't taken a screenshot but remember this clearly.

On a sidenote: Can't you use some of the textures and items from Anno domini 1257, like the swords for example?

UghUghUgh said:
I have seen full plate armour and plate boots (bought me some) and I thought this was the age of mail?! I haven't taken a screenshot but remember this clearly.

On a sidenote: Can't you use some of the textures and items from Anno domini 1257, like the swords for example?

He was probably a castle guard... yes, it should be out.

Marck28 said:
When I start the game, i get this error:

RGL ERROR.

get-object failed for texture: pebbles_normal.

What could it be?
I Downloaded and overwritten the materials.brf file, and still the same error.

Someone who can help me out?

M.

Did you download the main file then download the second one ?
Cause.. I think the second one is now included in the first download

Hi all, i guet this errors

-Navarre lords have no name:Lord 1,2,3,4
-Samme prhses when we ask the history of one of our companions cant be read, because are out of limit text
-we cant plege to serve in the Orders
-The banner tath we choose dont appear in the battle field if we figth with a Lance.
-the companions have the phrase "We nned to separate for a while appear 2 times.
-In the companion there isnt the phrase "What can you do to our advantage?"
-We cant join in a tournement team, because i already have the required renown, and i cant join.

Untill now i find this errors.
I expect tath the nex version fix tath errors and add facions like Portugal, Scoth and put them in rigth place.
I like a lot of the map and factions in MB.

Congratulation for this mod.

Back
Top Bottom