Error loading PostFX shaders?

Users who are viewing this thread

i loaded that update but i still get the same error? its something to do with textures not accepting post fx_textures as a value? and it comes up with a long list of that same sentance with only the number of the file changing so whats happening? should i try reinstalling it now that i have the latest direct x?

The other error is now cleared I hope? "d3dx9_42.dll" one?
That really should be cleared by the DirectX update as its a file that is missing in older versions.

Other posts here have suggested the update as a solution to this error too *shrug* :neutral:
One post suggests trying DirectX7, you could certainly try setting this on the launcher, but if you have a good card thats not ideal!

What is your graphics card and OS?
Have you tried updating the drivers for the graphics card?
Reinstalling is worth a shot I guess.

Edit: Have a look at this bug on the bug tracker too: http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2221

i managed to get rid of all the errors and getting it working by updating direct x while mount and blade was installed then i uninstalled warband a couple of times and it fixed it.
the only issue i get now is sometimes the announcments like "you dealed 50 damage to the horse" or "someones prosperity has advanced from poor to average" dont show up but thats no problem

THANKS DUDE I SPENT SUCH A LONG ASS TIME TRYING TO FIX THIS ISSUE AND INSTALLING UR LINK WORKED I LOVE U SO MUCH <3<3  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That link didnt help with me! ive tried everything...

When the game launches it shows the opening videos then it crashes and says error loading postFX shader
make shure you have latest directX runtime library installed
return code -2147024703. I have updated my drivers,directX,directX runtime...

First thing you should always do with problems loading the game is reinstall. Fixes most issues.

I would say you should do so as it sounds like you may have corrupted/missing files.

Scorch! said:
First thing you should always do with problems loading the game is reinstall. Fixes most issues.

I would say you should do so as it sounds like you may have corrupted/missing files.

Yes ive done that several times... 

and my specs are
vista 32bit

ati 5670 1gb

4gb of ram

intel q6600 3.0 ghz

the game stopped working when i changed my graphics card! my old was 8800gt and new is ati 5670

Two things:

1.  See if it works in DirectX 7 mode.

2. Make sure you aren't using the 10.8 drivers.  I'd recommend something lower, like 10.5

Try the 10.5

I'm very confident it has to do with your ATI drivers.  Same thing happened to me when I had a 3650.  I've never had the problem with Nvidia.

Can you play other games?

Does you computer crash at random? 

Any blue screens of death? 

no bluescreens!

no crashing!

borderlands had problem with direct X but downloading new .dll helped!

thanks for the help.ill try those drivers!

So to clarify, you have already downloaded and ran this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

And you have downloaded and installed these Catalyst drivers: http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl/41a51f2f1a88af0c1919b8628a1a2bde/4c7fc94f/300094732/drivers/video/10-5_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_enu.exe

If not, do so.

well the direct X seven mode works! now but how do i get the dx 9 version to work? and thanks for the answers!

and pixel shaders dont work

You wont fix your problems because the game is ****ed period..
sorry guys they don't seem to be looking at these problems because they say its not showing up on there systems... Bull**** how can all these bugs not show up...Too many people are complaining about problems yet i do not see devs making any sort of fix...

I think they are too busy acting like they can program and filling there heads with air then actually working on game problems...

Take that finger out of your arseholes devs and do something.. Whats the matter have you hired too many usless air head modders that think they can program because they have done a few mods.. LOL hire some real programers and start using some up to date languages and 3d programs... you might even get a stable program...

And come on direct x 9 is archaic and is a thing of the past... how bout trying something challenging and make the game for DX 11..... Oh forgot your programers arn't that smart...

I have the same error :/
steam ati graphics card
when i change to direct x 7 it makes a RGL error (unable to open commonres/test)
Any help please?

Back
Top Bottom