[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

thick1988

Master Knight
ospg.png

COMMON ERRORS:
RGL ERROR: "Not enough video memory: Too many shaders"

- If you receive this error, it is because your computer has run out of video memory while trying to load all of the shaders for the items. The easiest way to solve this error is to simply leave off some items that you don't use. I will remake differing versions sometime soon which will be divided into smaller more specific packs of items, allowing for easy inclusion and exclusions of certain types of items.

-Also if you are receiving these errors, simply set your configuration to "load textures on demand" which will solve the problem just as easily, and allow you to keep as many items in-game as you want.

VERSION 1.6 RELEASED. 500+ new items! All staying true to Native M&B. The point of this mod is to create diversity, but also to conform with native item styles and textures, so that you don't have a mess of all differently looking items.

-includes items_kinds1 lines.

DIPLOMACY AND OSP ITEMS MERGED:

I have combined Diplomacy and OSP Items, as well as a number of other small modifications by great our great modding community. It is an entire modification, so you just put it in your module folder and play it.

Go here to download:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127802.0.html

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.6 HERE:

M&B Repository Mirror: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1876

1.6 includes

- painted helms
- recolorings of nearly every single armor, clothing, and hat.
- retextures of many items
- new boots
- new surcoats with capes
- faction specific armors
- new shields
- all with specular and bump mapping

NEW PREVIEWS:
Here are some in game shots of some new items in the upcoming release.
Note: since these are from my own personal mod, troops are equipped different from native, and I have my own custom troop trees. I have also done some scene editing for the arenas.

(i am using counterpoint391's colored lances, Ursca's Maciejowski Helms from OSP Helmet Pack, and the Taller Grass & Retexture 1.22 mod)

Rhodok Knights make short work of the Swadian forces.
mb1mo.jpg

A Rhodok Knight assailed by three Swadians.
mb2qp.jpg

The Tourney Field
mb7d.jpg

The Tournament at Praven
mb9s.jpg

Nord Cavalry Reinforcements arrive.
mb13kh.jpg

Swadians preparing to attack a Nord army.
mb16.jpg

Swadia and their Sarranid allies are victorious.
mb20l.jpg

Swadians form up and prepare for the Khergit charge.
mb2lv.jpg

I intend to do the same with the brigandine and coats of plates as well. If there are any other colors you think should be included let me know. I'm also currently making different colored versions of the cross for the great helm so that it will mesh better with the different surcoats. I'm also making one or two variations for other leather armors and pieces clothing. I have also edited all of the metallic textures on the game's armors and made them all a standardized hue and texture. This way you can mix and match armors without having the ugly green tinted metallic armors (vaegirs & sarranid) not matching with the silvery metallic armors.

As for heraldic plate armor, i don't know how to properly do that. If you go and look at the original M&B mod: Fire Arrow, they did heraldic plate mail.

one slight problem

they don't show in game and when you go to the armour merchant you get errors that it can't find mail_long_surcoat_new_b, etc.

is this because the dds files are named mail_long_surcoatb.dds, etc and it is looking for the wrong files?

thick1988 said:
I intend to do the same with the brigandine and coats of plates as well. If there are any other colors you think should be included let me know.
Green, blue and yellow brigandines please. I'm making a 15th century mod and it's very annoying that Swadians are only ones with brigandines.

Urlik, im not sure what the problem is. I tested it and it works fine. Did you forget to add "load_module_resource = thick_surcoats" into the module.ini file in your module folder?

Hawkwood, I have already made the brigandines and have included those colors. I will release them sometime today with a few other item variants.

Very very nice, thick.

Yellow surcoat matches my avatar, yay!

And your helm just looks awesome :smile:

EDIT: What about orange?

Well hello, the Brigandines are slightly away from what I want in my mod and I'm making my own surcoats, but the clothing variants and your new full helm are quite interesting. Also; I do not recognize those boots?

I keep getting an error on start up and yeah I am a noob but i followed your instructions perfectly is there any really specific place i should have put stuff? for instance where exactly should i put the stuff in the module.ini and should the stuff for item_kind1 go before or after itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1 also does it matter if the .brf files are in there original folder named resource?

mvp245 said:
I keep getting an error on start up and yeah I am a noob but i followed your instructions perfectly is there any really specific place i should have put stuff? for instance where exactly should i put the stuff in the module.ini and should the stuff for item_kind1 go before or after itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1 also does it matter if the .brf files are in there original folder named resource?

For module.ini, i put all 5 between "load_resource = barrier_primitives" and "works_with_version_min  = 1000". It shouldnt matter where you put it though. For item_kind1 i put them all at the very end, even behind Items_End. It doesnt have to be in the original folder. make sure that when you go to your module's main folder, and then click the resources folder, that the .brfs are all in that folder. They cant be in any other folders inside of the resources folder. So, for example, you click M&B Warband> Modules> (Module Name) > Resource> and then this is where the brf's go. Let me know if youre still having problems. And dont forget to increase the item_kinds number at the top of the file. Also make sure you downloaded the patch from the first post on this thread. If you havent done that, or changed the flag numbers yourself, thats definently what the problem is.

Great looking mod. However i am trying to load WB but am getting the error 'unable to open texture byrnie_g.' Byrnie 'g' is not even located in the textures folder i downloaded. So i deleted the byrnie_g line form items_kind1 but am still getting the error. I assume that byrnie_g is located in a resource file that i can't modify.

Is byrnie_g meant to exist?

EDIT: By the way, i installed the patch. Although i do not know what you mean by 'change the flag number to 30000 in the helms brf file.' I can't open brf files in notepad to edit them.

Can't wait for the gloves. I've been using scale gloves 'till now just because they have a wristguard.

Note: I also received the Byrnie_g error.

Back
Top Bottom