Gettysburg - Scourge of War

Users who are viewing this thread

Garnier

Sergeant
Game Website

Demo/Game Download Link

Game Forum

The demo of this game was just released.  The download contains the entire game.  You can play the demo portion of it and then purchase a key to activate the full game later.  The demo includes a small multiplayer battle. 

For anyone who loves the American Civil War history, this is the best tactical simulator there has been so far.  The game is focused on combat and tactics, as well as strategic battlefield maneuvering.  There is no abstract campaign level.

As a ACW tactical simulator it is excellent.  My main gripes are the sound and some of the terrain graphics.  This is another Indie Game.  :smile:

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

YOu messed up your link. Take off the second Http:// and remove the quotes.
And you screwed up the site links. which should just be http://www.scourgeofwar.com but with URL tags. E.G. URL=http://www.scourgeofwar.com /URL of course with the [ and ], just in case you weren't already aware and just made a simple mistake.

CaptinGarro said:
Does anybody know if this is safe to download.

No, it'll create a black hole inside your computer, sucking in all your files and software.
After that it explodes, creating shrapnels out of your computer and killing you and everyone inside 50m radius.

Radalan said:
CaptinGarro said:

No, it'll create a black hole inside your computer, sucking in all your files and software.
After that it explodes, creating shrapnels out of your computer and killing you and everyone inside 50m radius.
Win win!

Dain Ironfoot said:
Still using sprites? Heh.
Considering the scale of the battle, sprites are a good idea I think.  You won't get 20,000 good looking 3d models to run well on a lot of people's computers.  This game can handle more than that of course.

I prefer 20,000 detailed sprites to 3,000 3d models (ala NTW) for a tactical wargame.  :wink:

Garnier said:
Considering the scale of the battle, sprites are a good idea I think.  You won't get 20,000 good looking 3d models to run well on a lot of people's computers.  This game can handle more than that of course.
Not if TC2M is anything to go by, IIRC it was something like 1:100 scale or thereabouts :razz: Graphics are looking a lot better though.

Only gripe I had with TCM was the lack of information reported in the UI. Or rather the lack of actual information and the blatant disinformation it reported. What worries me with this is there's no mention of the command chain or the encouragement to sit back and avoid direct command. If that's gone then I'll stick with TW.

I like the Sprites. They look nice with the Borderlands-esque borders on them.

Not much of a Civil War fan, but it looks like a nifty game.

Archonsod said:
Garnier said:
Not if TC2M is anything to go by, IIRC it was something like 1:100 scale or thereabouts :razz: Graphics are looking a lot better though.

Only gripe I had with TCM was the lack of information reported in the UI. Or rather the lack of actual information and the blatant disinformation it reported. What worries me with this is there's no mention of the command chain or the encouragement to sit back and avoid direct command. If that's gone then I'll stick with TW.

IIRC, RPS mentioned the command chain in their coverage of the game, so I believe it's there.

Garnier said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

I prefer 20,000 detailed sprites to 3,000 3d models (ala NTW) for a tactical wargame.  :wink:

Definatly rather have sprites seeing as in original MTW I could have thousands upon thousands of troops onscreen and my computer ran brilliantly. Now, with M2TW, I can barely get four thousand. Sprites ftw.

Jec94227 said:
Garnier said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

Definatly rather have sprites seeing as in original MTW I could have thousands upon thousands of troops onscreen and my computer ran brilliantly. Now, with M2TW, I can barely get four thousand. Sprites ftw.
I enjoyed having sprite armies in MTW with my old computer like a zillion years ago.

Then I got my new computer (older now) and got RTW.
rome-total-war-20040824042254068.jpg

Never missed those akward sprites.

Yeah, but the thing is, even in the newer Total War games, the models in the foreground may be in glorious 3D but the guys in the background are still sprites, to make it easier on the system. I mean if you look at them from a certain distance, all of your soldiers are sprite-men.

Temuzu said:
I wish my computer could handle that amount of men... :razz:
That's not his computer, that's an RTW promo screenshot.

And frankly, the sprites that I see in that RTW screenshot are horribly ugly compared to sprites from this game or TC2M.

IIRC it was something like 1:100 scale or thereabouts :razz:
TC2M was 1:10 scale, this is 1:4.  So a 400 man regiment has 100 figures.  An 80,000 man army has 20,000 figures. 

Radalan said:
CaptinGarro said:

Hmm... I'll wear that extra layer of S.W.A.T armor just to be safe.  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom