[ZVL] Information, rules and applications (OPEN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Clan Name: Scyldings
Clan Tag: Scy_
Clan Location: EU based (but international membership)
Clan Banner (Link):
scylding_banner_ingame.png

Clan Thread (Link): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319674.0.html
Contact 1 (TaleWorlds & Steam links):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=432145
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PiePower/
Contact 2 (TaleWorlds & Steam links):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=204064
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Koach/

Achilles MçDonald™ said:
Kjertesvein said:
Stream on twitch?

Hi,

I don't know if someone is going to stream on twitch :cry:..
Alright. I can hope. :smile: There are 25 people watching another VC streamer, could be a small thing maybe. :smile: Just remember to put delay on 2 - 3 min.

As an ex Native player of the Renegades, I absolutly love the idea, so a big thanks for organisating it, I know it must be a lot of work. However, I would like, in the aim to make this League the most "playable" possible, raise two or three points which might arouse your interest.

* Concerning the stuff, I read the rules and I would first like to know the amount of money which will be given at every round. Speaking about the few events/clan war I've played with my clan, I can say that 2000 gold is the minimal amount of gold you need to make yourself a correct stuff with decent armor, javelins, and such for Norse, as an exemple. However, I guess that If the system follows the Native one, everyone will start with a normal golds amount (It's 1000g on Native, might need a few more on Viking, can't really say ?), and the upgrades will be made by the normal system. You kill people or you survive/win rounds, you earn money and can get better armors ? This might sounds pretty obvious, but maybe a clearification about that will be needed for the ones who never played the WNL or ESC. Looking to the few events they made, they might think the League is the same thing, just on a smaller scale. Though, I do hope it will be a bit different here, and as nothing has been written about it, maybe it would be better If everyone got to know that, based on the fact specified above, that not everyone who registered in the ZNL, have previously played in a Warband Competition of the same kind.

* The second point, which is once again kind of obvious, is the fact that your stuff is only limited by the amount of money you have. In the WNL, you have absolutly any rules about the armors/weapons. I guess it will be the same thing here ? So basically, you won't have the rules you can see in bigger events, like 1 lancer out of 3 guys or 1 archer out of 6 guys. If one team deciced to spawn with 8 cavs, or 8 archers, they, since there is no rules about it, have the full right to do so and can't be punished for it. Would be nice if everyone had that in minds. As the DCL is kind of recent and can appear as slightly unbalanced for some individuals, I wouldn't like to see people starting raging or complaining about it. It's part of the game, the League aims not only to show who has the 8 best infantry warriors, but which team can make the best use of the field or of the factions. And once again, as the DLC is still not completly finished, the difference between some factions still appears as a bit unclear for me. It's not as pronounced as for Native, where you know which are the advantages of the Nords (Axes/FreeJavs for Cav), Sarranids (Balanced Faction) Vaeguirs (Strong Archers and Cav), Swadia (Capacity to get good armors very quickly), ect .. For now, the differents Factions on Vikings have maybe "some" differences with the main weapons (Axes for the Norse/ Sword for the Britons) but they all have the same bows for instance, the cheap armors may appear as unique for each factions, but as soon as you get the better one, it's mail and gambesons for most of them.

* Also, what about the flags which are one of the most importants thing in the WNL ? Is this possible on Viking or do you plan to implant it ? It was to my eyes the best solution to discourage camping, and If nothing is found to prevent it, people may aswell complain about it. So it's just a head-up, maybe you could tell us more about it, what you might have in mind ?

* Same goes for the custom maps ? Can we expect to see custom maps for the future editions, which would bring more competitions and tactics than what the map made by the developpers could do ?

I really mean not to offense anyone by this post, opinions can be differents about it, but since this League aims, for me,  to be similar to the WNL, I think that it's important to take all these points in considerations, that's why I felt the need to share it.

I added you on steam If you want to discuss about it, or need any kind of help and I do apologize for the long post, don't feel oblige to read it If you're not concerned or interested by it.

Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Tardet said:
As an ex Native player of the Renegades, I absolutly love the idea, so a big thanks for organisating it, I know it must be a lot of work. However, I would like, in the aim to make this League the most "playable" possible, raise two or three points which might arouse your interest.

* Concerning the stuff, I read the rules and I would first like to know the amount of money which will be given at every round. Speaking about the few events/clan war I've played with my clan, I can say that 2000 gold is the minimal amount of gold you need to make yourself a correct stuff with decent armor, javelins, and such for Norse, as an exemple. However, I guess that If the system follows the Native one, everyone will start with a normal golds amount (It's 1000g on Native, might need a few more on Viking, can't really say ?), and the upgrades will be made by the normal system. You kill people or you survive/win rounds, you earn money and can get better armors ? This might sounds pretty obvious, but maybe a clearification about that will be needed for the ones who never played the WNL or ESC. Looking to the few events they made, they might think the League is the same thing, just on a smaller scale. Though, I do hope it will be a bit different here, and as nothing has been written about it, maybe it would be better If everyone got to know that, based on the fact specified above, that not everyone who registered in the ZNL, have previously played in a Warband Competition of the same kind.

* The second point, which is once again kind of obvious, is the fact that your stuff is only limited by the amount of money you have. In the WNL, you have absolutly any rules about the armors/weapons. I guess it will be the same thing here ? So basically, you won't have the rules you can see in bigger events, like 1 lancer out of 3 guys or 1 archer out of 6 guys. If one team deciced to spawn with 8 cavs, or 8 archers, they, since there is no rules about it, have the full right to do so and can't be punished for it. Would be nice if everyone had that in minds. As the DCL is kind of recent and can appear as slightly unbalanced for some individuals, I wouldn't like to see people starting raging or complaining about it. It's part of the game, the League aims not only to show who has the 8 best infantry warriors, but which team can make the best use of the field or of the factions. And once again, as the DLC is still not completly finished, the difference between some factions still appears as a bit unclear for me. It's not as pronounced as for Native, where you know which are the advantages of the Nords (Axes/FreeJavs for Cav), Sarranids (Balanced Faction) Vaeguirs (Strong Archers and Cav), Swadia (Capacity to get good armors very quickly), ect .. For now, the differents Factions on Vikings have maybe "some" differences with the main weapons (Axes for the Norse/ Sword for the Britons) but they all have the same bows for instance, the cheap armors may appear as unique for each factions, but as soon as you get the better one, it's mail and gambesons for most of them.

* Also, what about the flags which are one of the most importants thing in the WNL ? Is this possible on Viking or do you plan to implant it ? It was to my eyes the best solution to discourage camping, and If nothing is found to prevent it, people may aswell complain about it. So it's just a head-up, maybe you could tell us more about it, what you might have in mind ?

* Same goes for the custom maps ? Can we expect to see custom maps for the future editions, which would bring more competitions and tactics than what the map made by the developpers could do ?

I really mean not to offense anyone by this post, opinions can be differents about it, but since this League aims, for me,  to be similar to the WNL, I think that it's important to take all these points in considerations, that's why I felt the need to share it.

I added you on steam If you want to discuss about it, or need any kind of help and I do apologize for the long post, don't feel oblige to read it If you're not concerned or interested by it.

You make some valid points, I too would possibly like to see a restriction on Spears.. As we all know, they are pretty OP. Maybe 1 spear for every 4 members? so if you're looking at an 8v8 each team would have 2 spearmen, 1 horn and a banner and an archer if you really want to?

Regarding gold, if you actually do the research, 2000 Pennings is a perfect amount as it allows for you to have either light armour and better-ish weapons or a nice medium armour set with decent weapons. This also includes the spearmen / banner and horn. Regarding the Cav situation possibly have it how the Kingdom Of Mercia have set it? Only allow the Clan leader to ride the horse (it seemed to work quite well!)?

Regarding the camping situation, Most of the VC maps are pretty much like how NW Works from what I've gathered after 3 events so far. Random maps in fields and you make a "line" - I say this with "" 's due to most other events allowing 5 meter spacing so it's not just a blob / line.

I can't see how custom maps will work in this? Would you like houses .etc. that you can use in order to bottleneck your opponents and potentially make traps for different combat scenarios?

Faction wise, this can be decided with the clan leaders I would expect.. If not Saxon v Norse? Possibly swap it up each week?

* As you have stated, this is only my opinion If you get offended by my replies I do not mean to intentionally.

Regards,

Borris.

Good to have some feedbacks. What you said about spears or cavalry might be good, but I would be part of thus who would not make rules on classes, as for the WNL. If 8 people want to play cav, you have to find a valid tactic to counter them, here come all the sense of a League, which is not a Battle Event.

However, I have to agree with the 2000 gold things, even though regarding some factions it might be too much or not enough (I don't know all the faction well enough yet to make a valid statement about it).

On the two last points though, I think you have to understand this. If you check this topic : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321297.0.html, maps and factions have already been choosen for the first step by the organisator(s?) and it's honestly for the best. It would be too much of a mess If for official matches, people had to find an agreement on maps and on factions. If I want to play Norse and my opponent want too, how do we do ? So yeah, it won't be as on NW, definetly not Randoms Plain, and that's where my idea of custom maps took all its sense. I would suggest you to take a look at the WNL Board, so you can get an idea on how the ZVL is gonna work.

Tardet said:

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. There was a lack of information I updated it. What did you mean with the flags? For the custom maps i hope some people would make competitive maps for us. There are not alot of closed maps.

LowesyPC said:
Achilles MçDonald™ said:
Kjertesvein said:
Stream on twitch?

Hi,

I can after this week, (29th) of people want it streamed I can. Just if it a Bebbanburg match I'd rather not stream for our PoV for obvious tactical reasons.

I talked to you on steam about it.

Kjertesvein said:
Achilles MçDonald™ said:
Kjertesvein said:
Stream on twitch?

Hi,

Alright. I can hope. :smile: There are 25 people watching another VC streamer, could be a small thing maybe. :smile: Just remember to put delay on 2 - 3 min.

If you could add me on steam or i can add you on steam then we could talk about it :grin:!

Thanks for the updates, looks definetly better like that.

Concerning the flags, what I meant is that, will there be a system close to the Native one, to discourage camping ? Such as flag spawning at 2:00min, to possibly three differents positions on the map.

Maybe an annoucement that we're looking for officials mappers would be a good idea ? We'll, maybe not this edition, but definetly for the next one, need custom maps.

Tardet said:

Concerning the flags, what I meant is that, will there be a system close to the Native one, to discourage camping ? Such as flag spawning at 2:00min, to possibly three differents positions on the map.

Maybe an annoucement that we're looking for officials mappers would be a good idea ? We'll, maybe not this edition, but definetly for the next one, need custom maps.

By the flags do you mean Master of the field like how Native works?

Tardet said:

Flags will spawn! :smile:

Achilles MçDonald™ said:
Tardet said:

Flags will spawn! :smile:

Lovely Stuff!

Bsur said:
cant take the tournament serious as long as taking a spear in two hands and spinning like a mofo, exploiting it to the maximum, isnt considered exploiting and disallowed.

I have provided feedback to Achilles, but until anything is changed, I'm afraid you're going to have to get used to the fact or people taking advantage of the DLC flaws and rules within the league it's self.

Back
Top Bottom