• Yes

Votes: 40 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I still find there is a lot of stun when using 1handers vs 2handers, I think people are tripping up when they try to counter with a 1hander but dont take into account the stun - if they do that they are dead, and it appears to them the 2hander has struck twice before they managed to swing once, hence the zomg fast complaints.

I seem to get stunlocked like a mother vs spears of all weapons. Its fine though, sorts the men from the boys.

Rather than a blanket delay between all attacks, I'd prefer to see a delay only if your attack is blocked/parried or chambered.

In those 3 situations it should be treated as if your momentum or rhythm has been disrupted.

You'd still be able to block or parry, but you'd need a brief moment to recover from that disruption in your swings before being able to attack again.

That would cut down on someone's ability to have their 2-hander blocked, then still be able to attack again before their opponent can strike with a 1-hander.

I think the mousespin issue is the bigger problem though. The "best" players right now are the ones who do little half or quarter slashes, halting their attack before it finishes it's swing by hitting their block button, but spinning when they initiate the attack so that they can hit the player while only leaving themselves open for a fraction of a second. It's completely unrealistic and really takes a lot away from an otherwise amazingly enjoyable combat system. Hopefully the sweet spot changes will be a fix to that. If it does manage to fix that problem, multiplayer is going to get a lot more interesting.

Cyrus said:
I think the mousespin issue is the bigger problem though. The "best" players right now are the ones who do little half or quarter slashes, halting their attack before it finishes it's swing by hitting their block button, but spinning when they initiate the attack so that they can hit the player while only leaving themselves open for a fraction of a second. It's completely unrealistic and really takes a lot away from an otherwise amazingly enjoyable combat system. Hopefully the sweet spot changes will be a fix to that. If it does manage to fix that problem, multiplayer is going to get a lot more interesting.

I completely agree.  The downside to a 2hander is marginal.  I've been on the receiving end of many, many oneshots from twohanded weapons even in higher tier armor.  I need to land several successful blows in order to kill an enemy with a onehander where as, all they need is a single lucky hit and it's lights out for me.  There needs to be a great disadvantage for either missing a strike with a two-hander or having a strike blocked or parried.  Two handers are completely imbalanced as it stands.

The "best" players are the ones who can block. The guys(or girls) who will block 95% or more of your attacks and probably feint as well. Whilst, sure most good players employ the technique of turning into attacks that is hardly what makes them successfull in general, its just one of numerous other tricks that exist.

I think it is always underestimated how useful the 1H weapons are simply based on likelihood of disrupting your opponent. As they are harder to read(they telegraph less). Sure, it may take 3 hits to kill a guy in armor with a shortsword, but chances are that same opponent will have a much harder time blocking attacks from said weapon than from a longaxe.

If 2H weapons receive a delay when blocked or missing an attack, then it would seem logical to bring stun back(since they are heavier weapons and advantages/disadvantages should go both ways). Though, I am thinking then we would be seeing numerous threads about how 2H weapons were OP, again.

The only real problem I have with two-handers is their ability to recoil and ready for another attack as quickly as they're currently able to.  If they can fix this along with arc "sweet Spots", I think that'll be enough to put 2hers in line with the rest of the weaponry.

You could always introduce a stun period to the attacker having their swing blocked very early. That would put a disadvantage on spinning without making combat any less fast or furious, and also gives you the idea that the character knocked the blow aside in epic fashion. On the whole though I think issues with two-handers are more of a case-to-case thing, with a few weapons like the bamboo spear and overcompensatory long axe just looking ridiculous. And you shouldn't nerf them too much or else people might never bother to learn blocking at all!

Back
Top Bottom