Zombies! mod needs scene makers!

Users who are viewing this thread

One or two of you might already know, but I'm planning to port my ****ty modern-day zombie apocalypse mod to multiplayer, and I need scenes. I'm not going to parade the mod around a lot or anything yet, or even promise it's release, and I certainly won't promise it's success.

If you're interested in making some scenes, PM me and I'll send you the download link. All that's implemented in the mod so far are some new scene props though, so don't expect anything playable. If you want to make some scenes, you have to be sure that you
-know how to use the Edit Mode
-can AI mesh properly
-can make me at least one scene in (preferrably) under two weeks

Some things to keep in mind when you make the scenes:
The thing is meant for both human players vs AI zombies, as well as human players vs human players vs AI zombies, so maps should provide good cover from ranged fire as well as places for a steady stream of zombies to spawn from and pop up on unsuspecting people.
Intelligent people will always fortify a place that makes sense to fortify. If you make a spot that looks like it could be defended easily, put up some barricades and **** and make it look like a long-term holdout spot.

If you have the mod, here's what you have to do to make me some scenes. Install the mod as normal, go play it, once it's loaded up, start a new game etc, then once you get to the main map, go to the "Camp" menu, and you will see an option called "Jump to Scene". Click that, and you will see 8 selectable scene options. When you click on one, it will take you to that scene. Scene 1 is my own WIP, so keep yer paws off it. All 7 other scenes are flat grassy plains of varying sizes. Pay no attention to the skyboxes, and know that the terrain borders can be changed.

Some new ground textures (credits to Flanged) are made to make city streets. Snow and Desert are now street textures, (one runs along the x axis, the other along the y axis) Pebbles is now sidewalk (which isn't absolutely necessary to add, but if you do it well it does look nice) and Path is now a bunch of misc. garbage (a good trick to making piles of garbage is to raise a small bit of ground and give it the path texture.)

As for new scene props, there are appartments (models by Flanged, textures from cgtextures.com) named (big surprise) "appartment_X". Also by Flanged is the "fakecity" prop, which are a few large skyscraper buildings with no collision mesh, low poly models and low res textures, made to put behind other buildings to give the illusion of there being more to the city than just what is seen. The other new scene props all have the prefix "zombie", credits to NaglFaar for his modern scene prop OSP.

Most building textures are redone as well, so most Native items will look much different. Most can be used to make a fairly nice post-apocalyptic looking city, I recommend you look through most, if not all of the old scene props as well to see what you can and can't use.

Remember to save your work often!

"But Ruthven, what's in it for us?" You ask. Well, I will need people to test if everything works in multiplayer, so if you make me one or more nice maps I'll be sure to let you be among the first to play. You'll also be credited, of course, and you'll get to spend some time making some scenes that are probably much different than any other scenes you might make. You can also make your own scene to put in multiplayer, which means you can fill it with as many hidden goodies made to give yourself the edge as you want. I certainly won't mind if you don't AI mesh a certain ladder or barricade.  :razz:

Adorno said:
Can't help here but I'm sure it will be fun.
I remember recording zombie sounds for you. I was hoarse for 2 days  :smile:
(Still have them if you're interested...)
I think I still have them too, thanks again for all your help. :smile:

Well good luck ^^

Your video on youtube seemed full of bad feedback from the previous version...?

EDIT: WeEeE Sergeant :smile:

Grumph said:
Well good luck ^^

Your video on youtube seemed full of bad feedback from the previous version...?

EDIT: WeEeE Sergeant :smile:
Youtube commentors can't be trusted to tell you anything worth knowing, most of them were just confused about the flashy-ness which was caused by my recording program messing with the HDR.

Hm. It was flashy anyway  :roll:

Well, I can't help you so... I'll just wait for it :smile: Good luck, and hurry up now :wink:

I might be able to cook up some crack for you. Hopefully the TLD guys won't be mad at me for not working on their mod instead of helping you.  :smile:

A modern zombie mod? If you interested, I might have some usefull models. You can find my baseball mod at the mbrepository. It has various bats/caps/sports protection and a smith&wesson29.

I was bored and playing the old one last night. I killed about 74 zombies before getting swarmed in the Canadian one.

I hopped onto a roof, after stocking up, then left for about an hour, and proceeded to run out of ammo, and was killed on the jump.

Back
Top Bottom