MP Apocalypse Zombies! A Modern Zombie Multiplayer Mod (Essentially deceased)

Users who are viewing this thread

Due to some random recent events or something along those lines, this mod is deceased until further notice. The Curse strikes again.

If anyone really wants to port the old one, that's totally fine, and all the modding work that I've done (note that almost no models/textures are mine, basically only the codes) are free to use, if you want them. But they're kinda ****e, so you probably won't. Oh well.

Old OP:

Title says it all, almost. (Modern) Zombie mod for (multiplayer) Warband. Loosely based off of Max Brooks' book, World War Z.
Imagine the future. Everything is the same, but the clock and your calendar are all advanced a month or two in time (Yeah I know clocks don't count months. At least, most don't. You get what I mean, smartass.) It is such a different world. After having killed all your friends in a frenzy, you find yourself alone one night and you decide that you want to kill more, but are forced to settle for computer games to do so. That is when you notice this mod. You click on the thread, and read this opening, imagining the future, where everything is the same, but the clock and calendar are all advanced a month or two in time. Through some trick of imagination, you are now stuck in a time loop where you can spend an eternity at your computer and only an hour passes in the real world. This should be just enough time to be crowned Dr. Mr. Master Super Zombie Killer Extreme with a PhD in being awesome and a Nobel prize for ass kicking. Aw **** yea

You accomplish all this by playing this mod (though you might end up being the only one bored enough to do so with your eternal time loop and ****.) The mod begins by throwing you into blah blah blah {scene missing} totally ****ing balls-to-the-wall awesome.
Lost my train of thought in the last one but this one should be more direct. I hope by reading that you're starting to get the point that I'm pretty easygoing and that I'm too sarcastic to listen to any complaints, bull**** or suggestions. Anyhoo,
So there are these zombies* and ****, and its like the present but a bit in the future because in the present everything isn't all ****ing destroyed and there aren't hordes of the undead everywhere. Pretty original concept, huh?

The whole point of the game is to survive the zombie onslaught for however long the round is, probably about a half hour or so, I'll see what times work best while I'm testing it. Surviving the round means keeping all your stuff, which I hope should be reason enough to make people work together a bit and not just kill each other off before the zombies can.
So as you start out your multiplayer experience, there is one playable faction and the zombie faction. At this point it might be worthwhile to point out that there are two choices, but not two teams. It's all zombies against you and every ****ing man for himself. Timmy has a bigger gun than you? Kill him when his back is turned and take it! But just because you can kill each other doesn't mean it's very smart. By yourself you'll die to the horde so quickly your shoes will keep on running even when you're pulled out of them and torn to little pieces. What happens when you die? You are autoswitched to the zombie team and become one of them. Sure, you'll be a sight smarter than the AI but when you move so slowly you won't have much chance to kill anyone without sticking with the horde anyways. So join up with some friends, clear out the hostiles, find a nice defensible position and try and stay alive.

*zombies means zombies, as in slow-moving, dumbass ****ers that bite people to make them zombies as well, and can only be killed by destroying the brain. No running, thinking things that spread their disease through the air or whatever.
Now, a more interesting bit: Who you get to play as. The classes I have come up with thus far: (Keep in mind that I am without a good modeller or texturer, so I have to work with already made models. I'd like to subdivide the classes, but I don't have enough **** to do that at the moment.)

Soldier
Polisman
Civilian

Balancing them out may be a bit of a challenge, but I should manage somehow. As you can probably tell, the soldiers will have a wide array of guns. Pistols, rifles, some best suited for anti-personnel street sweeps and some better for keeping the zombie mob at bay. However, they have a very poor selection of hand to hand weapons, with almost solely an array of army knives. They may be able to put down a poorly trained civilian, but with such short range fighting off a handful of the dead could be a daunting task.

The average Joe civilian is a much different type of person. Though you would expect the military to be the stronghold of survivalists, it doesn't take large strategies and expensive weapons to kill a zombie. With a range of sports equipment, gardening tools, cooking utensils, and household items like books or CDs, a civilian is more than capable of defending themselves. Although a handgun is a rare item to have, it doesn't mean the civilian is totally trumped when it comes to ranged weapons, either. A thrown brick to the face is sufficient replacement for a bullet, and golf balls, baseballs, tennis balls and frisbees can do just fine as well, if you put enough lead in the middle of them. Praying all the time didn't exactly work out right either, so might as well toss a bible or two at whomever you feel the need to. Looters broke your turn table? Only one good use for those chunks of vinyl now. If the need ever arises, you can throw absolutely any weapon that comes to hand. Yes, every melee weapon will be throwable. Hell, even if a soldier runs out of bullets for his gun he could chuck that, too. Use your old barfighting skills and greet your ex-neighbor by throwing an empty beer bottle at him. And if he comes too close, smash the bottle and take a few long-desired jabs.

The polis are a halfway point. Revolvers for the southern cops and semi automatic handguns for the North American ones, as well as a whistle for the British Bobby make them a pretty dangerous force at long ranges. Some of the more wealthy policemen might even have a nice shotgun. Bullet proof vests and comfortable hats offer the highest protection from both bullets and light precipitation. Medium-length clubs that were once used for beating minorities may now be turned upon the undead, or even the few living. But it doesn't stop there. Shell out a bit more money and buy yourself some nice riot gear, or save up for a while and join what's left of the SWAT team, with some more suitably powered guns and some body armour that can stop just about anything (sadly, the undead are in the group of things that still kill you.)

Other cool tidbits: I'm hoping that, since you don't respawn as a human, and since rounds will last 20-30 minutes (if not longer) you can also buy weapons and pay to refill your ammo or rest yourself up to restore your health (if you don't get killed partway through) around the map, similar to Persistant World mod. I also think I might try to make something that will respawn you without changing your score, money, or switching you to a zombie. That way you can upgrade your armour without having to wait for the next round to start. Putting ammo refills and resting spots etc in defensible camps should make for some entertaining power struggles between players to hold and take these strategic spots. It should also cause more people to join up and work together.
Three (possibly more) new classes to play as:
-Soldier, great long range but weaker melee
-Polisman, alright at medium to long distances, sufficient melee
-Civilian, kinda ****ty at range due to having to improvise, quite good melee (because nothing says "**** off" like a baseball bat to the kneecaps)
All new maps to play in
Fight both other players and the undead in a lawless brawl for money and weapons
Switch to zombie on death (it's hella boring, but not as bad as simply waiting. And if you think otherwise, just go to Spectator.)
Ability to throw any weapon, as well as things you pick up in the street (bottles, rocks etc.)
Aggressive tights and assless chaps (Just kidding... For now.)

Thoughts? (If you're going to make a suggestion, think long and hard about what it is and whether or not it's completely ****tarded, please.)

That would be so ****ing awesome. I thought of a gamemode like this, basically there being some kind of day/night cycle, where the zombies lose health during the day unless they are in shelter, where it regenerates slowly, and during the night they are a bit faster(Still slow-walkers) and alot harder to kill. So basically, you move during the day and during the night, you barricade the windows and try to hide. Of course, the map would be really big, and also, you need to move during the night, because if the zombies would find you too early, then you would eventually fall. Maybe you could implement this as a second gamemode later on?

Anyway, I could help you with some models, like for example, I made a M4, a trench gun, a Thompson(With and Without drum magazine) and a double-barreled shotgun. All untextured though.

Nodscouter said:
That would be so ******** awesome. I thought of a gamemode like this, basically there being some kind of day/night cycle, where the zombies lose health during the day unless they are in shelter, where it regenerates slowly, and during the night they are a bit faster(Still slow-walkers) and alot harder to kill. So basically, you move during the day and during the night, you barricade the windows and try to hide. Of course, the map would be really big, and also, you need to move during the night, because if the zombies would find you too early, then you would eventually fall. Maybe you could implement this as a second gamemode later on?

So they have to be zombie vampires?

But Rutvhen, you just made my day with that idea :grin: I had about the same idea, if it would be either SP and MP, I woudnt care, because it would be epic. But good you are keeping the ways of The Great Romero, with the real zombies that are slow dumb ****s that you kill with a good swing to the brain.

Die Slow And Pain said:
Nodscouter said:
That would be so ******** awesome. I thought of a gamemode like this, basically there being some kind of day/night cycle, where the zombies lose health during the day unless they are in shelter, where it regenerates slowly, and during the night they are a bit faster(Still slow-walkers) and alot harder to kill. So basically, you move during the day and during the night, you barricade the windows and try to hide. Of course, the map would be really big, and also, you need to move during the night, because if the zombies would find you too early, then you would eventually fall. Maybe you could implement this as a second gamemode later on?

Well, I guess it would I am Legend-ish vampires, although perhaps not completely sticking with the mod idea, I think it would make a really fun gamemode.

Die Slow And Pain said:
Nodscouter said:

But Rutvhen, you just made my day with that idea :grin: I had about the same idea, if it would be either SP and MP, I woudnt care, because it would be epic. But good you are keeping the ways of The Great Romero, with the real zombies that are slow dumb ****s that you kill with a good swing to the brain.
For the record, it was my idea first.  :razz:

Working on the map, but the game really crashes alot when you use those props...  :???: It's going to be a highway with a city surrounding it, you start in the middle, the zombies will come from all directions and you need to find defesible spots.

Sounds nice. Will the city be big? Are you going to be able to enter the buildings?

Also, have you gotten some zombie models yet? If so, screenies?

Back
Top Bottom