Zombiedämmerung [NW M]

Which gamemode are you looking forward to the most?

• Zombie Panic

Votes: 33 23.1%
  • Zombie Escape

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • Redoubt

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Cleanup

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Art of Defence

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Menelaos16 said:
Talii said:
It'd be more fun if humans actually had to run away from zombies, knowing that they can not block. I mean, who would enter meleé with a zombie?
It would turn into 20 minutes of waiting to spawn because some idiot keeps running until the map ends. I would rather slaughter zombies them run away. Defensively, that's the idea.

We've been doing zomibes within the regiment for almost a year where the humans are only allowed to fire, no melee, what so ever, nor blocking, is allowed. They can rely on marksmanship, or they can run. And this does not make the rounds 30 minutes.

MaHuD said:
Hmm gonna need a few testers to test if what I have written so far also works for more than two players. (Only me and wolfy so far) Won't be only testing as I also need people to share my ideas with so I can refine them with the help of other people's thoughts/ideas.

About 10  volenteers for this would be great.

Requirements;
EU times available
Able to use TS3 and talk with a mic. ( Talking with someone is easier to retrieve information aswell as nicer )

I'd Happily help you out on this.  :smile:

MaHuD said:
Hmm gonna need a few testers to test if what I have written so far also works for more than two players. (Only me and wolfy so far) Won't be only testing as I also need people to share my ideas with so I can refine them with the help of other people's thoughts/ideas.

About 10  volenteers for this would be great.

Requirements;
EU times available
Able to use TS3 and talk with a mic. ( Talking with someone is easier to retrieve information aswell as nicer )

count me in :grin:

Excellent, I will probably want to run a test tonight.
I will put a message here if I know when exactly.
I got the mod ready for a test, but I am starving so I will need to get some food in mah belly first oh dinner ready :O
So thats pretty soon then. No worries as to the mod, 99 percent is server side. Only a small .txt file needs to be downloaded. Just copy your NW module and stick it in it once I hand it out for the test.

Testing it with moogs right now

come to this teamspeak if you want to help ->

Address: voip.arrakis-net.com

Done testing for now.
Thanks to Deofuta, Wolfy, Goker, Krimdor. :smile:

and special special thanks to moogs.

edit2:

For those who tested it; I now made it 100 percent server side and fixed the bug that allowed people to join the human team on their own accord.

Can't wait for this to get releeased for the public. Everything looks really good and promising!  :cool:

How about a stamina bar so you can only run in normal mode for about 15ish seconds straight before you have to walk? People are going to just run all over the map otherwise to delay the round

redhelwar said:
How about a stamina bar so you can only run in normal mode for about 15ish seconds straight before you have to walk? People are going to just run all over the map otherwise to delay the round

I think Mahud's plan was to simply make the zombies faster than the humans. Simply making running around in the open not an option.

Yep, running away from zombies as a human is only possible if you have people covering you, because then the zombie has to dodge and thus slow down.

Will the zombies have a speed boost, only like 5%, but enough to stop games from beeing 2 guys running around the map?

Also, what weapons will the zombies have?

Talii said:
Will the zombies have a speed boost, only like 5%, but enough to stop games from beeing 2 guys running around the map?

Also, what weapons will the zombies have?
zombies will get horde bonusses, the larger the group the faster they become.
As in weapons, they will be using ripped of arms/legs and the likes.
Can't make them use their fists because fists can be blocked forever.

suggestion:

movement speed = 100% when unhurt

when hurt = 100% decresed by amount of lost health

example: got hurt for a 3rd, my movement speed is reduced by a third

I'll be organising a test again tonight.
Just show up on teamspeak. (not sure about exact time yet, but I will post here)
It should be 100 percent server side, but I added a new thing (that a human that dies respawns as a zombie on that location) and it's possible that that isn't 100 percent server side yet.
But hey, thats why I want to test it. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom