Zendar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
Now i have asked this here and there but never got a right answer from the devs. Now i think there might be a possibility that zendar returns in some form lore wise and according to a hint in the gamefile i guess.

For those unaware read the wiki of zendar:

Now there is not a lot to back this claim up currently, but this is the only thing i got.

In the scenes.xml file of the beta it shows a long list of scenes that seem to be a big chunk of the scenes that will be used in bannerlord. It numbers around 600 scenes but one of the particular scenes is called as followed:
i5aPw.jpg

I might be looking at bread crumbs but i just think they should do something with this. Lore wise and gameplay wise this might be something interesting to look at as a kind of event during the campaign or perhaps just like the game of thrones mod where when you initially spawn during a massacre where instead of lannisters slaughtering starks you could have sea raiders that razed the city "lore wise" to take its place.

It just seems wasted potential and it could really set the mood for new players when they spawn in a city being razed to the ground and kind of give a easter egg to the original mount and blade.

It's an relict from Warband. Look at Warband files , there's exactly the same row in scenes.txt

Edit: Ok not exactly the same row but the same scene.

I don't think we will ever get Zendar back. Bannerlord and Warband don't look like they follow the same lore. I mean where is Geroia? They expanded the map yet previously mentioned factions are not there. I think TW doesn't care about the old M&B and Warband lore.

You could make your own zendar. Obviously this means warring a faction to make your own and having to defend your one castle and town, but you could ensure the legacy of zendar lives on.

It would be kind of nice to have a neutral city-state. A place where a bandit PC could sell the fruit of their plundering, hide from angry lords, recruit sellswords and maybe even have access to unique stuff.

Back
Top Bottom