You're doing it wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you folks have any idea of the carnage that results from putting falxmen in a separate line behind the shieldwall and absorbing a cavalry charge? Not a single vlandian lived to spread the news.

If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll do this. The shieldwall slows down the cavalry, plus they kind of like to try to charge archers anyways.

Do you folks have any idea of the carnage that results from putting falxmen in a separate line behind the shieldwall and absorbing a cavalry charge? Not a single vlandian lived to spread the news.

Falxmen aren't special for that. Imperial menavs, Vlandian billmen and Aserai palace guards do the same, but wear better armor.

Falxmen aren't special for that. Imperial menavs, Vlandian billmen and Aserai palace guards do the same, but wear better armor.
You forgot the Shock Trooper, but yeah. I wouldn't quite count Palace Guard there though, they use an axe rather than polearm, so they're a different class of shock infantry.

Each 'halberdier' as I'll call them have their own pros and cons though tbh. Vet Falxmen in particular have really long polearms and all the throwing axes in the world. They have a funny tendency to murder every other two hander by virtue of having the most projectiles, the bane of all every two hander infantry.

The halberdier, or just two hander you pick is really just a matter of preference.

Back
Top Bottom