Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Axes

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • Ranged/throwing.

Votes: 31 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I normally roll with a Balanced Heavy Bastard Sword (waiting on a masterwork), Knightly Horseman's Shield, Strong Nomad Bow and Large bag of Bodkin arrows.

All my companions wear Heraldric mail with surcoat, kettle helm, leather gloves and splinted boots. The carry heavy sabers, elite cavalry shields, hunting bows and large bag of bodkin.

I use the Jap Samurai sword or aka the "strange weapon" lol its brutal two hander sword. I combo it with a long spear and the Jap short sword... not bad combo... and for added brutallity, I have a long bow :razz: in storage for those maps that I dont use the short sword

SandmanX2 said:
I use the Jap Samurai sword or aka the "strange weapon" lol its brutal two hander sword. I combo it with a long spear and the Jap short sword... not bad combo... and for added brutallity, I have a long bow :razz: in storage for those maps that I dont use the short sword

Where do you get a hold of one of those "strange weapon"? Mod-only? :smile:

For myself, it's usually a balanced sabre (108 spd / 97 reach I think) and a knightly kite shield and a balanced light lance. For my companions, it's mostly a balanced light lance and knightly kite shield.

This time around I'm thinking of going with mostly blunt weapons, although I'd like some hammer-type that had a bit longer reach heh. :smile:

My weapons of choice are generally axes. Right now I carry a balanced military pick, balanced poleaxe and balanced war axe, and a reinforced heavy kite shield for coverage against arrows. Sometimes switch the poleaxe with a balanced heavy lance when fighting on horseback.

shortened military scythe, Bastard sword and 2 shields. Sometimes heavy fighting pick instead of scythe.

Well if use a rather odd setup

Joustic Lance when at horse and attack few tough opponents

a complementary regular spear when it comes at fightings hordes of  footsoldiers when veterans have been cleared with the jousting lance (spear recharges much faster than jousting lance hence you can kill more troops in a single stride)

nordic sword

knight shield

Jarids on horseback. There's nothing like riding straight towards a mounted lancer and just when he thinks he will couch you to oblivion, you put a jarid between his eyes scoring like 150 dmg. Hardcore.
Balanced scmitar for backup...

Balanced Heavy Bastard Sword, shield, Masterwork warbow, large bag of Kherget Arrows.

Gives quite a bit of flexability - I get mostly 1-hit kills with 1h bastard sword + Shield whilst on horseback,
In sieges I typically begin with the bow and pick a few of the archers off before storming up the ladder with my sword/shield. Once I get a few of my troops in the walls with me I can change the sword to 2h for a damage boost. If I need to separate and go after a group of arches I can approach them relatively safely with shield and 1h sword.

Ahh, another weapon thread.

Balanced quarterstaff
Balanced war spear
Balanced bastard sword
Open slot for some future irresistable item,
currently occupied by a masterwork nordic sword

Masterwork crossbow and several large bags of steel bolts for siege work.

MrNutjob said:
I use a War Bow, and Heavy Bastard Sword when my arrows run out.

When using your ranged weapons, try and make every shot count, don't just go unloading all your arrows into where ever.

I now like to charge my enemies wielding a heavy spiked club/mace - the new short ones that mean you have to be rubbing noses with the enemy to hit them. Most of the time it is rubbish, but in close encounters, especially on crowded castle walls, it comes into its own. Using any weapon with a reach greater than the length of your arm is really cheating in Mount and Blade anyway.

jord932003 said:
Effective combination there. But why not use a Masterwork Warbow for sieges instead of a crossbow?
Becasue I have better things to spend my experience points on than making an archer (power draw, horse archery).  Things like persuasion, prisoner management and inventory space.

Back
Top Bottom