YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a plan to make this river crossings handicaped ? I would suggest, that yours, and all other partys ofc, should be at speed 1.0 or smth when you are crossign a river. At least a bit slower :neutral:

Well, it could be good if we had some especial weapons for the "lords" and "kings" and also for the player as some advanced rifles and revolvers for be more specific weapons that don't need to be waiting thousand of hours to reload, but of curse make them very very hard to get , I know maybe it be a little out of this time, but I believe people would be liking to play more just to get them *-*
I was reading history a bit and I saw they just came 100 years after but anyways see if you like xD

Been playing this mod for a few days now and so far I found out that to have the best armor I need a Scottish Kelt, Scottish boots and a Pirate hat, I wouldn't mind if I was playing a pirate :wink: Its odd that a Scottish Kelt/suit has +50 chest armor while any other Military suit has less then 25, may I suggest that these armor values get a revision so that it would be viable to use other armor outfits relevant to my faction or troop selection?
The only other armor I found that is like the Scottish one is the lordly suites of plate or whatever its called that makes me look like a Spanish conquistador.

Hello Everyone. I would just like to say that I rarely join or comment on forums, but this mod has been so excited that I could not resist. I recently purchased Warband and immediately got the 1755 mod and would like to share some of my initial thoughts after about 2 hours into gameplay;

Music and loading screen graphics are great, well thought out, and have a professional look and feel.
Outfits and dress items such as the Native American skins are great, and I am really impressed with the period correct items such as the tricornes and fur coats.
The theme is great and I was immediately immersed in the 1700's in New America. Well done. I am from Long Island and we have a rich Native American history.
I am running the game on an Nvidia GT 950 2 Gig Graphics card and it runs perfect at medium graphics settings:smile: when I turn it up I get some hiccups, as with most other games I play.

Here are the problems I encountered and hopefully I can have 1 of them addressed immediately:smile:

The overall map is well thought out, however seems dark even during the day. The red text color of the British Cities seems a bit bright, it should be slightly darker. (I am going to tweek my monitor settings and see if that helps I guess.)
The speed of travel for my horse is a bit too fast on the main map. It should be 1-2 points slower to add realism. Can i change myself?
The battle map tree density is a bit high, even though I know the Americas were heavily wooded, it seems to distract from gameplay a bit at times.
The wolf is a great addition!!!, however, whenever they receive arrow damage, the arrow sticks to the original "head" area of the character, not the body of the wolf. That "head" is also in the dialogue screen with the wolf. If the original character heads are impossible to get rid of, perhaps you make them stark white, like spirits of the dead possessing the animal. 

***The first kidnappers mission will not finish. This has most likely been answered somewhere on here but damned if I could find it. I followed all the directions to avoid the glitches in the first part, am I doing something wrong? After killing the kidnappers it just tells me "cannot leave" when I press tab. HELP!!!

AndrewMartin.jpg

Lets see if my memory serves me well on some of these answers (Im sure Gab is going to have a heart attack that I'm here posting  :razz:)

handsolo420 said:
Hello Everyone. I would just like to say that I rarely join or comment on forums, but this mod has been so excited that I could not resist. I recently purchased Warband and immediately got the 1755 mod and would like to share some of my initial thoughts after about 2 hours into gameplay;

Music and loading screen graphics are great, well thought out, and have a professional look and feel.
Outfits and dress items such as the Native American skins are great, and I am really impressed with the period correct items such as the tricornes and fur coats.
The theme is great and I was immediately immersed in the 1700's in New America. Well done. I am from Long Island and we have a rich Native American history.
I am running the game on an Nvidia GT 950 2 Gig Graphics card and it runs perfect at medium graphics settings:smile: when I turn it up I get some hiccups, as with most other games I play.

Here are the problems I encountered and hopefully I can have 1 of them addressed immediately:smile:

The overall map is well thought out, however seems dark even during the day. The red text color of the British Cities seems a bit bright, it should be slightly darker. (I am going to tweek my monitor settings and see if that helps I guess.)
The speed of travel for my horse is a bit too fast on the main map. It should be 1-2 points slower to add realism. Can i change myself?
The battle map tree density is a bit high, even though I know the Americas were heavily wooded, it seems to distract from gameplay a bit at times.
The wolf is a great addition!!!, however, whenever they receive arrow damage, the arrow sticks to the original "head" area of the character, not the body of the wolf. That "head" is also in the dialogue screen with the wolf. If the original character heads are impossible to get rid of, perhaps you make them stark white, like spirits of the dead possessing the animal. 

***The first kidnappers mission will not finish. This has most likely been answered somewhere on here but damned if I could find it. I followed all the directions to avoid the glitches in the first part, am I doing something wrong? After killing the kidnappers it just tells me "cannot leave" when I press tab. HELP!!!

The first Mission is broken somewhere during text tweaks so you're best bet is to just skip the first mission and going about your business.  The gear you can get from the chest nearby when you land at your chosen town makes up for it if you sell some of it  :grin:

The heavy woods were to give you that "is there an indian behind there waiting to ambush me?" feel. To top it all of because that time in America's history, Most of the areas were heavily wooded except where the towns were (didn't have very many open areas that would benefit line infantry in fighting the indians).

(If you don't really like the amount of trees you could activate the edit window and while in the battlefield Delete some to make it more beneficial to you) 

As for the wolf it was about the only way Gab could involve his dog into the mod (and be functional) . not sure if its possible with the text tweaks Gabs done to do so (knowing him he probably tried a lot of different ways of making it work but this was the most sure way of getting it implemented)  but it you can in the cheatmenu get your hands on the invisible armour  (you didn't hear that from me :twisted:)

kanzy said:
Been playing this mod for a few days now and so far I found out that to have the best armor I need a Scottish Kelt, Scottish boots and a Pirate hat, I wouldn't mind if I was playing a pirate :wink: Its odd that a Scottish Kelt/suit has +50 chest armor while any other Military suit has less then 25, may I suggest that these armor values get a revision so that it would be viable to use other armor outfits relevant to my faction or troop selection?
The only other armor I found that is like the Scottish one is the lordly suites of plate or whatever its called that makes me look like a Spanish conquistador.

My assumtion to the armour rating is most likely something similar to the Indian armours (which have higher numbers vs European clothing) in game. Which benefit more for the melee than it would for the line infantry. Could of been an oversight but usually unless I'm playing a character that's going to rush in with melee weapons I would choose whatever I like regardless of the rating.  If I knew how to text tweak I could give you the codes to change it, but alas I was never good at that.

Btw after typing all these answers out I just noticed the date they posted this... Oh well Maybe someone else will find this informative

Dellivis

I dont know if you plan to release a new version of 1755 Gab but if you do i realy hope that you can fix the Close combat style for some rifles so the player holds it upside down like a club. That wuld realy feel a lot better then busting skulls with the barrel. Just like in that Picture when you battle forest indians. :grin:

He might get around to it one day, just right now his focus is on 1860's old america. Once thats done we'll see which mod he'll polish next (if he does)

[b]Dellivis[/b] said:
He might get around to it one day, just right now his focus is on 1860's old america. Once thats done we'll see which mod he'll polish next (if he does)
True! ...depends on many things.... :oops:

[b]Serbien[/b] said:
you could add more faces in charter creaton menu  :shock:

Hope that is not going to be ur unique comment on the whole Mod, right?!  :twisted:
Anyway, I DID add other "faces" in 1776, but then players conplained they were still too few....or that having so "many" would create some problems when "randoming" them (TRUE! ...and that  s why I will not add more now!  :wink: )

Gab

I think this mod is complete. The only thing missing in my opinion is the female companions. I see there are only male companions here but in 1860 there is a girl and in 1776 too.
Then there are obviously a few bugs and minor details to work on to make the mod perfect.

Thx for ur kind comment and excuse me for late reply  :oops:

I might add some female companions when and if I will update it.
But honestly i don t see much interest and active support on this Mod anymore, even if I know that thousands of players are still downloading it and playing it  :wink:

I moved this post here, since it was in the wrong Topic (Expert ?!  :???: )

[quote author=mightytalos]
here are the problems I find in version 3.2 :roll:

1.From all the units I recruit, I did not see anything other than archers. It is easy to understand that there was no infrantry focus on mele because of the firearm, but why no calvery? This is not medieval period, it is very common for farmers to have their own horses.

2. The soldiers were too easy for players, they are really bad at mele combat, and also terrible accuracy, I defeated a French troop with 40 men by myself alone.

Those french soldiers wasted lot of bullets by shooting with my men, and I attacked when all my soldiers fall. I avoided being shot just by zigzag running on the horse, because they have very little amount of bullets left, not all of them could fire at me. I killed all of them with blade and shield by runing and hitting,rifles were just not very effective in mele and gainsting horseman.

3.The commanding is not perfect, I can not order them to fire togather or form two lines like I did in FIRE AND SWORD.

4.Indian armors were much better than the Europeans, which seems very strange. Even just a feather on their heads can provide 40 point of defence, and the hats of European soldiers can only provide about 10 points.

5.I am not sure about the relation between Frontiers and  countries, I joined Spain to fight France, but the Franch frontier did not look for trouble when they see me.

6.Looks like that the dogs are actually rided by some invisible mem, and players can also ride on when the rider fall from the dog.

7.The arena things has a lot of bugs.....

--------------------------------
I believe that it is necessary to have calvery units in this mod, otherwise it is only about shooting. Weaken the HP of horses and increase the damage of falling from horse back will keep the balance.
[/quote]

Most of the things that are in it where already commented and explained...but may be he did not read them.

Gab
PS starting a comment on my Mod with a "rolling eyes" smiley shows arrogance. Do not do it.

I suggest that you should make a thread on the FSE Forums and make a mod for Napoleonic wars and stop people stealing your skins without your permission.

MadManYo said:
I suggest that you should make a thread on the FSE Forums and make a mod for Napoleonic wars and stop people stealing your skins without your permission.
May U be more clear please ?
Thx for the suggestion but what U mean pointing at FSE Forum?

Gab  :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
MadManYo said:
May U be more clear please ?
Thx for the suggestion but what U mean pointing at FSE Forum?

Gab  :wink:

The FSE forums aka the forums for the Napoleonic wars DLC. Here modders are make thread about mod like tale worlds forum.But some modders are taking skins from your mods and claiming that they made them and getting credit for it.I suggest you make 1 AWESOME mod for Napoleonic wars which had single player and stop people from taking credit for your work.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but the Freelancer mod would be interesting to see in this. I think it would be cool to enlist in the British or French army as a recruit and make your way through the ranks.

I love the mod! :smile: I was wondering are there animals to hunt as such in the 1776 mod? I just watched the last of the mohicans and I wanna be a hunter/tracker :smile:. I see the wild animals but frankly those are weird lol

Back
Top Bottom