YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Arbarad said:
First of all: great mod.  Secondly, just a suggestion for the future: might we see some frontier-style clothing?  Hunting shirts with indian leggings, that kind of thing?
Hi, thx for compliments :grin:
Check better pls....we put many outfits for frontierman.. :eek:
Gab

Hi, I recently found this mod and I like it, though I have a suggestion: I feel that muskets should not be reloadable while mounted and not be able to move while reloading (excluding pistols and carbines). Also are there any single pistols, because so far all I can find are double pistols?

I just want to say, good stuff so far.

That said, as for suggestions:

- When it comes to firearms, in addition to the Pennsylvania Rifle, the generic Rifled Musket also appears to have a percussion hammer.  Maybe that was mentioned as well, but who knows.

- Any chance also of making Muskets and Rifles unusable on horseback?  Keep Carbines, Blunderbuses, and maybe the Jaeger Rifle as they are now

- Any chance maybe also of toying around with the economy some more?  Maybe it's just me, but the prices of the armour and weapons seem to be grossly inflated compared to the price of goods and the like.

- Also, get rid if you can of the roaming bandit parties that have both Indian Leader and Bandit Leader in them.  It's annoying to have these two characters
charge out at a thousand miles per hour ahead of the dozen or three outlaws of various sorts that they lead.  To compensate, maybe make those bandit patrols even larger (40-60 man unaffiliated native war parties perhaps instead?).

-Maybe toy around with the economy a bit more and either make trading a bit more profitable, reduce the extreme costs of a few of the weapons and the like.

-While you're at it, I know someone else mentioned some of their issues with equipment.  I'd like to say that some sort of normalisation of armour woudl be nice.  I like that the clothes are all mostly at the same category.  However, I think that you should cap the reinforcement of uniforms at the baseline "normal" and only allow for states of disrepair - I find it hard to believe that simply because a master seamstress made a uniform, that it's somehow nearly twice effective (Lordly) than a normal piece at stopping bullets.  Since when did they start weaving kevlar into their uniforms?  (Compare the common Lordly Highlander hat (40 Head Armour) to a normal one (20 Head Armour) for a particularly glaring example of the problem).  Also, maybe get rid of the iron skullcap hats entirely.  In short, make our costume choices almost purely cosmetic in nature unless we're wearing a cuirassier uniform or maybe a dragoon helmet or similar.

Now, since Rop3n spoke to reloading on the move, I'd like to directly address that, as a re-enactor:

It's completely possible actually to reload...at a slow walk, and in fact is something that I (as an ACW reenactor) drilled in, though mind you it was often while backpedalling instead of advancing.  I've done it plenty of times, though you're right...it's impossible to reload at anything more than a slow walk, so if there's some way to, maybe implement a movement penalty while reloading?

Rop3n said:
Hi, I recently found this mod and I like it, though I have a suggestion: I feel that muskets should not be reloadable while mounted and not be able to move while reloading (excluding pistols and carbines). Also are there any single pistols, because so far all I can find are double pistols?
Ciao and thx.
You are also "half " right, let' s say....it should take longer to load on horse or running (it was done by experienced frontierman....check TLOTM movie last scene) but since that is not a modding option, I made it that way.
I hated also to see soldiers staying still realoding, instead of moving when enemies would get close to kill them :roll:
Majority of players, including me, adores the way any weapon can be used in 1755....knives and axe used as shield, ability to parry with any weapon (did you try?), and so on :grin: :grin:
ciao
gab

Ciaooo Gerry (hope you don t mind if I call you like that and be so confidential :grin:)
Really happy to see you.
Thx for long post, really nice done...I promise I will try to fix some things in the future.
But pls consider that most of things you said are part of the particular nature of my mod.
I wanted to "surprise" the player in a way that he will always be afraid about the enemy in front (never know by look how tough he will be) but on the other hand I gave all the items that a player can buy, an increased quality.
Prices are usually high, but still there are some that are very cheap, if you look well.
It all looks like a mess to a usual M&B player, but it is so much fun after you get used to it.
It is a new "Gabrilduro" s way to mod M&B, not better than usual....just different :grin:
According to general apreciation on 1755 and 33.000 downloads of this mod so far, players mostly like it.
I love the multiple way you can play it.....a friend of mine goes around with a ramrod for cannon shooting everybody faking he comes from the future and he has a special weapon....
.....others just use accurate historical weapons......and they force themselves to act like in those time real life.
I think our mod is the only "historically accurate" mod that is also so much....FUN!! :grin:
I myself love it, really! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pls feedback, even considering our point of view, I really care about players like you! :wink:
Gabby

Um Im not sure if this is the kind of sugestion you had in mind back can you please stop referring to
the "Last of the Mohicans" because the Mohicans(Real name Mohegans) still exist.Its kinda annoying
to keep hearing about it.
Sorry if this caused offence.That was not the intention.

Jagen Claw said:
Um Im not sure if this is the kind of sugestion you had in mind back can you please stop referring to
the "Last of the Mohicans" because the Mohicans(Real name Mohegans) still exist.Its kinda annoying

Take it up with James Fenimore Cooper. Oh wait...he's very dead.

Auldman said:
Jagen Claw said:

Take it up with James Fenimore Cooper. Oh wait...he's very dead.
HA HA HA....Auld..... :smile:
Seriously Jagen Claw, thanks for pointing that out and really no offence, but you know, when I say TLOTM  I refer to the title, not to real life "meaning words".
Also in the romance, saying he is the last one, he means of his "own clan".
But again, thx for pointing that out :grin:
Some modern Mohegans pics? Could be interesting... :wink:
Gab

Jagen Claw said:

The "Mohicans" used by Cooper comprise a number of tribes. Cooper wrote a lot in Westchester, NY, and the Mahicans and Mohegans all had history there through trade and war. With all due respect people will be referencing Last of the Mohicans because that was the basic inspiration for the mod, and its a great movie that is somewhat accurate.

And about reloading rifles and muskets while running...it can be done. Guerrillas and partisans were actually very good at it. There is an episode of myth busters, or some show on the history channel (which I usually dont mention) in which they showed a man running quite quickly and reloading a Kentucky Rifle.

The issue with the percussion rifle hammer has been addressed, and the mod team is working on it.

Gabrilduro, thanks for this great mod. Although I enjoy it a lot, I do get a bit tired eventually of the "unsheathing sword" sound whenever I click something in a menu. I prefer the old sound.

Am I alone in this?

Urgrevling said:
Gabrilduro, thanks for this great mod. Although I enjoy it a lot, I do get a bit tired eventually of the "unsheathing sword" sound whenever I click something in a menu. I prefer the old sound.

Am I alone in this?
Mamma mia Urgrevling What a pleasure to have such a "forums Legend" like you!!! For how long have you been on this site? I remember seeing you all over, expecially very educated and deep topics!!!
Thx for compliments, we really get honored since you probably have being playing all kind of mods...right?
And yes, you are not the only one to be annoyed by that sound. Do you know why I put it? I loved it in Gods and Generals ACW oooold pc game, in its menus....just go in sounds folder and change the "click" sound, ok? :grin:
Hope You will play it a lot and will feedback
GABBY
PS hey, remember this??? I am still laughing now!!!!! ha h aha ....http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116960.msg2880418.html#msg2880418

Hi GABRILDURO,I tried this mod recently and I can't stop playing it.Amazing idea,excellent work,I like almost everything but I'd like to ask you a couple questions(I hope I didn't miss the thread):
I fought couple of battles about 10 meters under water (didn't find to buy diving suit  :smile: ) so that is probably the bug but no big deal,and horses are too fast( like devil itself hunts them  :smile: ),I tried to set the game to slow but no effect.Otherwise the mod is quite stable (only one crash so far probably because of lack of RAM).All in all,definitely the best mod for warband so far ( with TEATRC  :smile: ),perfect weapon balance,clothes,armors,horses(should be slower for my taste),and many other things (it would take couple hours to count all the good things  :smile:).Thanks for making something like this and I hope you will continue excellent work  :grin:

wrc said:
Hi GABRILDURO,I tried this mod recently and I can't stop playing it.Amazing idea,excellent work,I like almost everything but I'd like to ask you a couple questions(I hope I didn't miss the thread):
I fought couple of battles about 10 meters under water (didn't find to buy diving suit  :smile: ) so that is probably the bug but no big deal,and horses are too fast( like devil itself hunts them  :smile: ),I tried to set the game to slow but no effect.Otherwise the mod is quite stable (only one crash so far probably because of lack of RAM).All in all,definitely the best mod for warband so far ( with TEATRC  :smile: ),perfect weapon balance,clothes,armors,horses(should be slower for my taste),and many other things (it would take couple hours to count all the good things  :smile: ).Thanks for making something like this and I hope you will continue excellent work  :grin:
Grazie!!! Thx from me and all my team, words and persons like you really put lot of oxigen in our mod, he he he
Horses are slower now, and ......and they are all gone with troops (not historical to have mounted regulars). Only spanish have them anymore.
In v,2.9 I will slow down still some a little more.
Did you start a new game with 2.8?
Feedback again pls
Gab
ps best mod ever I think is BRYTENWALDA by my friend IDIBIL....ever tried? :grin:

Personally, i would like sea battles. if that would be possible. I mean theres a few islands out there so how about make a few pirates roaming the sea and things like that. Ive seen this in other mods and it worked great! just an idea.

Hi again,thanks for your response! Yep,downloaded 2.8 but don't worry about horses,I bought the slowest one,Heavy French Cuirassier Horse and problem solved :grin:!I forgot to mention the music which makes this mod even more interesting!
Still have a problem with water,when I fight against larger armies half of them are under water so I can't shoot them nicely( you should put some crocodiles in water to eat them :grin: ),but that's minor thing!

PS- Yes,played BRYTENWALDA for some time (amazing mod, totally different ),but I prefer musket mods now like yours,which is the best so far for warband ( with TEATRC  :grin: ),and I tried a lot of them!I've got couple of ideas so I will post them later!
Thanks again   

wrc said:
Hi again,thanks for your response! Yep,downloaded 2.8 but don't worry about horses,I bought the slowest one,Heavy French Cuirassier Horse and problem solved :grin:!I forgot to mention the music which makes this mod even more interesting!
Still have a problem with water,when I fight against larger armies half of them are under water so I can't shoot them nicely( you should put some crocodiles in water to eat them :grin: ),but that's minor thing!

PS- Yes,played BRYTENWALDA for some time (amazing mod, totally different ),but I prefer musket mods now like yours,which is the best so far for warband ( with TEATRC  :grin: ),and I tried a lot of them!I've got couple of ideas so I will post them later!
Thanks again 
WOW!!
Thx for supporting this mod.
Your comments, testing and suggetions will be highly apreciated! :grin:
Gab
Ps yes, also water spawns wrong sometimes....too deep, hah!
I just wanted to give that "great lakes and rivers" image in battlefields, also.

Pro-Nerd said:
Personally, i would like sea battles. if that would be possible. I mean theres a few islands out there so how about make a few pirates roaming the sea and things like that. Ive seen this in other mods and it worked great! just an idea.
Ciao
Yess, it was in plans.....but we simply can t make it.....we ignore how. :cry:
Folks, any help??
Gab :grin:
PS did you see our new PIRATE hideout???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What an outstanding mod, I'm really impressed with its immersion, etc.

I'd like to echo the request of some of the posters to make the rifles and full length muskets not be reloadable while riding.  I think I've read that reloading some of these firearms could be done but certainly not a muzzle loading rifle and almost certainly not a muzzle loading smoothbore with a full length barrel.  I think that this would conform more with the historical conduct of firearm armed cavalry at this time and promote the carbines and pistols that were more traditional cavalry fare.

Also, I think continuing the battle after the character has been knocked out would be the way to go.  I know its been argued that the loss of the commander in battle essentially ends the battle.  I would state that we aren't really fighting set piece battles, but skirmishes and that the loss of the commander would result in exactly the kind of performance from you'll see in game, forces attacking as individuals. I'd love to see a morale hit accompany the loss of a commander but I have no idea how that works within the limitations of the gaming engine.

I don't know if this is possible but I'd love to see the battle map larger.  I know you could do this in the original mount and blade and that I really enjoyed the game better when I implemented that. With the powerful ranged forces at our disposal, a bigger map would really allow for a more considered approach to the tactical articulation of forces at the battle map.  As it stands now, I'm racing to place my forces before the bad guys arrive.

I'd love to see a greater disparity between the speed of rifle reloading and the speed of smoothbore reloading.  I've always read that riflemen could fire one round for every three rounds fired by a soldier with a smoothbore.  While there is some difference in the game, it seems like it should be greater to me.  I have to confess though that I've never fired a smoothbore or rifled black powder musket so maybe my facts are wrong.

Finally, I wondered if you all ever considered adding formations to the map.  From a historical perspective, I could see the arguement for including them (formal combat was dominated by the geometrical exploytation of the formations at your disposal) and for not including them (they were not used in the more skirmish environment of North America in the 1750's).  The formations add something to some of the mods and they might provide some benefit to Frontier.

Outstanding Mod, I've been playing this way too much the last week and I'd like to congratulate Gabrilduro and team on a job well done.

SleeStak said:
What an outstanding mod, I'm really impressed with its immersion, etc.

I'd like to echo the request of some of the posters to make the rifles and full length muskets not be reloadable while riding.  I think I've read that reloading some of these firearms could be done but certainly not a muzzle loading rifle and almost certainly not a muzzle loading smoothbore with a full length barrel.  I think that this would conform more with the historical conduct of firearm armed cavalry at this time and promote the carbines and pistols that were more traditional cavalry fare.
Also, I think continuing the battle after the character has been knocked out would be the way to go.  I know its been argued that the loss of the commander in battle essentially ends the battle.  I would state that we aren't really fighting set piece battles, but skirmishes and that the loss of the commander would result in exactly the kind of performance from you'll see in game, forces attacking as individuals. I'd love to see a morale hit accompany the loss of a commander but I have no idea how that works within the limitations of the gaming engine.
I don't know if this is possible but I'd love to see the battle map larger.  I know you could do this in the original mount and blade and that I really enjoyed the game better when I implemented that. With the powerful ranged forces at our disposal, a bigger map would really allow for a more considered approach to the tactical articulation of forces at the battle map.  As it stands now, I'm racing to place my forces before the bad guys arrive.
I'd love to see a greater disparity between the speed of rifle reloading and the speed of smoothbore reloading.  I've always read that riflemen could fire one round for every three rounds fired by a soldier with a smoothbore.  While there is some difference in the game, it seems like it should be greater to me.  I have to confess though that I've never fired a smoothbore or rifled black powder musket so maybe my facts are wrong.
Finally, I wondered if you all ever considered adding formations to the map.  From a historical perspective, I could see the arguement for including them (formal combat was dominated by the geometrical exploytation of the formations at your disposal) and for not including them (they were not used in the more skirmish environment of North America in the 1750's).  The formations add something to some of the mods and they might provide some benefit to Frontier.
Outstanding Mod, I've been playing this way too much the last week and I'd like to congratulate Gabrilduro and team on a job well done.
I want to really thank you for such a long post, really.
I know how long it takes and I deeply apreciate when some people do. :grin:
Most of the things you say are true also, and the reason we did not modify them yet is mainly for playability reasons.
I only disagree on formations....and I am so happy about the feeling you get about "hurring" to face the enemy in my "forested" and not "big" battle maps because.....
THAT was exactly the feeling of troops in that war in those lands!!!! :grin:
Hope you understand what I mean.....and could be that you ll start "loving" that now, and even explaining that to other players....since I can feel you are that kind of person that goes deep in things, situations and..."atmospher"! Right? :wink:
Gabby
ps keep in touch, ok?

Back
Top Bottom