YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
EVERYONE PLEASE PLAY THE MOD ALL THROUGH FIRST, then post here suggestions/questions
THX
Gabrilduro

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
IMPORTANT:
I am NOT payed for the work of modding that I ve done here with mates and helpers, nor I belong to any game making company, nor I get any benefit for my volontaree work.
I never, ever even got a praising word from the creator of the main M&B WB game, either.
The only payment I get is YOUR courtesy whan posting in my Forums, dear players.
So please, be kind
:mrgreen:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok, first off: about how "the player's starting stats should be lower and not have so much gear " I said many times that most of players, including myself, prefer it that way, but anybody can "import" in game a very low stats character, right?
And I don t think a bow, arrows and knife/axe are too many gears, honestly. :wink:

1: Increase number of volunteers to recruit, I once recruited 6 volunteers in one town, else I only get 4. Please make it 8-15, hard to get an army with so few volunteers.
2: Change village scenes to the right time period, cause they are all native M&B:W.
3: Add more bows.

Edit-

4: Extra blood and gore.

One thing I miss is that the fights do not continue even though I am down. Problem here is that I dont dare to go and fight as a bullet can easily kill me in one or 2 hits just standing in my line shooting, what I basically have to do is stand far away and just wait until my men wins or dies because if I go forward the risk of me getting hit is big.

Jaksan said:
One thing I miss is that the fights do not continue even though I am down. Problem here is that I dont dare to go and fight as a bullet can easily kill me in one or 2 hits just standing in my line shooting, what I basically have to do is stand far away and just wait until my men wins or dies because if I go forward the risk of me getting hit is big.

Its interesting that you say that, because it was during this time that we see the transition of fighting generals and colonels to the reliance on staff officers and signal corps. The larger your force, the larger your responsibility as a commander it is to stay alive. It was up to the Colonels, majors, captains and lieutenants to lead the men into combat, but it was the responsibility of the general to actually make the major decisions. If you want to keep fighting, and make your chances of getting hit smaller, work from behind the line, or to the side so your men can shield you. Commanders at this time were considered too important to risk in open combat, though there were instances of generals being killed on both sides, as well as many more colonels. The game challenges you to stay in command while one hit can knock you out, its the nature of the warfare.

I'm loving it, but the bandits with the hussar cheat sabre keep killing me like crazy because it goes so fast I can't block. I think it might be a good idea if only the player has access to it.

Okay  now i playes a while and here are my suggestions^^

I hate Indians..why?  They are...French

I want Horse Riding bow fighting Indians ^^  Not  Footsoldiers with guns with less clothes ^^
By the way  a firearm was very expensive for an Indian

God my Grammar is crap

Okay  what else

Which Diplomacity version u use?
Please  update it ^^

what else

I dont like weapons :sad:  The Rifle needs 10 Hours  to reload  und aiming is  crap.
But..otherwise its not 18xx so maybe the weapons ouhem were so bad at this time? dont know, wasnt there ^^

Bearskull21 said:
Jaksan said:

Its interesting that you say that, because it was during this time that we see the transition of fighting generals and colonels to the reliance on staff officers and signal corps. The larger your force, the larger your responsibility as a commander it is to stay alive. It was up to the Colonels, majors, captains and lieutenants to lead the men into combat, but it was the responsibility of the general to actually make the major decisions. If you want to keep fighting, and make your chances of getting hit smaller, work from behind the line, or to the side so your men can shield you. Commanders at this time were considered too important to risk in open combat, though there were instances of generals being killed on both sides, as well as many more colonels. The game challenges you to stay in command while one hit can knock you out, its the nature of the warfare.

I knew someone would say that, the problem here is that this is not working as real life. I can not send messengers to place my army, I have to be there to position them. Also the enemy commanders does not work this way either. Also in real life did the battle auto calc when the commande died? No it continued in one or another way so if we are talking realism it fail there already

Jaksan said:
Bearskull21 said:
Jaksan said:

I knew someone would say that, the problem here is that this is not working as real life. I can not send messengers to place my army, I have to be there to position them. Also the enemy commanders does not work this way either. Also in real life did the battle auto calc when the commande died? No it continued in one or another way so if we are talking realism it fail there already

In 18th century battles I can assure you that battles in which the commanding officer was killed, especially if it was a general, during the battle the outcome would have been disastrous. Most of the times the army would retreat and reform and hope to hit again, but for the most part to maintain their force and to prevent further loss if a general died or even a colonel a retreat would be the most likely course.

As for you not being able to place your troops, thats what the command interface is for. Pull that up, sit on a horse with your companions beside you and control the battle from there. Or, get a little closer to send a few pot shots at the enemy. Its bloody business this style of warfare, and when you get to 1776, junior officers in the British lines were usually the first to fall.

Arutha said:
Okay  now i playes a while and here are my suggestions^^

I hate Indians..why?  They are...French

I want Horse Riding bow fighting Indians ^^  Not  Footsoldiers with guns with less clothes ^^
By the way  a firearm was very expensive for an Indian

God my Grammar is crap

Okay  what else

Which Diplomacity version u use?
Please  update it ^^

what else

I dont like weapons :sad:  The Rifle needs 10 Hours  to reload  und aiming is  crap.
But..otherwise its not 18xx so maybe the weapons ouhem were so bad at this time? dont know, wasnt there ^^

The indians you are looking for are the plains indians, they were not involved in the French and Indian war or the American Revolution. There were, however, dozens of tribes carrying muskets and rifles who fought for either the Brits or Americans in the Revolution. You wont be seeing any indians on horseback firing bows and arrows, that comes nearly 70 years later. People dont even know who the Sioux, Blackfoot, Apache and Comanche are, the Louisiana territory was not explored by white settlers until Lewis and Clarke went there and beyond in their expedition in 1804. The indian with the musket and rifle is what you are going to see.

As far as muskets and rifles being too expensive, for the most part you would be right, however if a tribe sided with the British, Americans or French, they would have the right to trade furs or other goods for powder, shot and weapons. In the case of the Brits and French, they openly and freely armed dozens of tribes loyal to them simply in return for the loyalty. As a result, the indians were armed, and they were as deadly as any partisan band.

As far as the weapons, the rifle I believe could use a little more accuracy, but the load time is right on. It was a cumbersome and difficult weapon in the hands of an untrained soldier/hunter, and much use and training was required to properly use a Long Rifle. Reliable repeating rifles did not come along until the Civil War, and weapons of this time were either factory assembled brown bess type weapons, or master crafted rifles like the one Mel Gibson carries in the Patriot.

I think you are looking for a western mod, my friend. Good luck, though.

I think this thread should be stickied and placed at the top of the page so the "Bugs" section can be tidied up from people just carping about features of the mod they dislike. Those carpings belong in this thread.

Bearskull21 said:
I think you are looking for a western mod, my friend. Good luck, though.

I second what Bear says. We put the historical tribes for this conflict in. We did not include types from the American west/plains. The tribes involved in the French and Indian/Seven Years War did not fight on horseback. They fought on foot and primarily preffered ambush.

Rifles/muskets/pistols took more time to load and that is a fact. Now a trained soldier could load fast but that's a trained professional and not a frontiersman (although the frontiersman might have better aim once he got the weapon loaded). I agree with Bear though that in the next version we must tidy up the accuracy of the top end guns like the Pennsy rifle. I've been a bit disappointed with it. But we are always trying to improve things.

I'd like there to be a better way of getting troops to fire and reload as one. The current way I do it (Telling them to only use blunt weapons and then any) is kind of annoying and somewhat ineffective. There probably isn't a good way to code it in, but i'd like an answer atleast :grin:

Thx to both my valuable history guys up above! Great and deep explanations, as usual.
I will add only that
-he will find some mounted indians far west in our 1755 map, called Western indians" as robbers. But that was more to pls our "western indian" taste than history.
Wild indians tribe faction, infact, has no horses.
Dont change mod, man.....go far ....west, really :grin:
-Auld, do you think we should sticky this topic too? I did not understand, poor me...
-The Pennsylvania rifle (Bear has to tell me THX still for it....he he he) is the best shooting rifle, actually, but after dozen of testing (I am going to hate 18th century guns!!) I had to reduce its long range....according to practical reasons. Otherwise troops with it would shoot too early to far enemies....and even worse sometimes....they hit them! :???:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
-Auld, do you think we should sticky this topic too? I did not understand, poor me...
Gab
Hi Gab,
I think so because people are littering the "Bugs" thread right now with stuff that really is pertinant to this thread.
Oh and about the Pennsy rifle...I get that but you could restrict it from being used by troops and only to npc's and players right? What's Bear's take on that?

I MADE A NEW TOPIC OUT OF YOUR SUGGESTION...THX AULDIE!!
GABBY

Geischfelt96

Re: BUGS in 1755
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »QuoteModifyRemoveSplit TopicQuote from: GABRILDURO on March 29, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
CIAO!
First of all thx for taking so much time and effort to make such a detailed and constructive list.
I will answer in CAPS (in order to distinguish my writing) to you, ok
?

Quote from: mouthnhoof on March 29, 2011, 08:44:36 AM
Quote from: GABRILDURO on March 29, 2011, 08:05:06 AM
Oh yes, all pistols are pairs and some weapons are a bunch of guns (like 10 muskets or 10 pistols) 

First, thank you for a great musket age mod. The American frontier is almost ideal setting for M&B style gameplay in the musket age.
THX!!
The pistols pair is a bit odd. I can see the purpose of this, but personally not to my taste.
SOME LIKE, SOME DON T I KNOW...
Anyway:

Odd things the equipment. Some example:
- tricorn hats with 40+ armor (my sword actually bounced off a hat...).
- hair band with huge armor values
- hand axes with huge damage stats (38-40p)
- crushthrough flag on some irrelevant weapons (crushthrough only works with overhead strikes).
IT IS JUST TO CREATE A SURPRISE IN FIGHTING....YOU NEVER KNOW EXACTLY HOW STRONG YOUR ENEMY WILL BE....LIKE IN REAL LIFE, EVEN IF SAME TROOPS, SEE?
- Rifles appear rotated in inventory screen
WE ARE NOT REALLY ABLE TO ARRANGE THAT, OUR BAD... 
- melee pistols? what is the purpose of that?
ONLY ONE, THE NATIVE, IS MELEE....JUST FOR CHANGE
Not a real problem though.
- A few native (warband, not american) items still appear in shops.
I ALWAYS FORGET SMTH  BUT SOME STILL GO WITH 18TH CENT LOOK.... 
Character creation:
- I start with 42 strength and 25 agi. Is that intentional? If so it means that the only ability I will ever increase is int and I will swim in skill points. Starting with somewhat higher stats than typical in native is fine, but this is perhaps a bit overboard.
MOST OF PLAYERS ASKED FOR THAT, AND EVEN HIGHER....MOSTLY FOR "SHORT TIME" OR "LOW GAMING" REASONS....I PERSONALLY DISLIKE THE "HANDICAPPED" VALUES OF A NEW GAME IN WB....YOU CAN BARELY FIGHT LIKE THAT.
- I always start with Indian equipment. You can add another menu in character creation that asks for your origin. The selected option will set your cloths and perhaps the weapon (Euro or American native).
IT IS JUST BECAUSE OF "CUSTOM BATTLES" PURPOSE. UNASSIGNED TROOPS OF MP ONLY FACTIONS (1776 GB& AMERICANS, OUTLAWS....ETC) SPAWN LIKE INDIANS LIKE THAT....WHICH IS FINE IN THIS MOD
Skill names and associated weapons:
- Are muskets considered "crossbows"? in that case the skill name in the character screen should be renamed. It is a bit confusing.
- Pistols use the same skill a muskets? Why not use the firearms skill instead? Just enable it from the module.ini. If this is a problem of muskets and pistols sharing the same ammo then make them both firearms instead of both crossbows. I think that there are also a few differences in the core mechanics of firearms vs. crossbow skills.
YA, WE HAVE TO CHANGE NAMES BUT REMEMBER THAT FIREARMS ARE ASSIGNED ALREADY TO ....HAND CANNONS (BTW...did you ever try to defend Venango or Albany new forts (THX Anitigonos!!) with an Hand Ramrod "fake" cannon, close to a real static cannon?? I love that feeling.....so many troops attacking and so much fun in taking them down...I d love for someone to make a video on this...  )

Hunting:
- the boars have an indian face and they talk to me before I hunt them...
.....IT IS A VISION....FROM THE TERRIBLE...INDIAN WITCHER!!! 
AND IF YOU HUNT HIS BEWITCHED WILD ANIMALS (sounds better than Boars..he he he)....HE WILL FIGHT YOU WITH THEM, HIS MAGIC AND....HIS FAST/STRONG WEAPONS!!!!
hah ah ah...did I make you scared?? mmm, don t think so 
Ok that was the story....but also consider that I experiment things, since I really have no knoledge in this stuff..he he...I like my hunting, though...I hate killing unarmed animals.- they charge in once and then idle about until I kill them.

Village Bandits:
- villages are attacked by wild boars in the village infested by bandits quests...
SAME AS UP ABOVE
The mod looks VERY promising, even though it is clearly still in development. Thank you for the effort!

THX VERY MUCH...NOW PLS FEEDBACK ON MY ANSWERS.
I D LIKE TO SEE WHERE YOU AGREE AND WHEN YOU DONT OK? 
gab
Ps...uuuh it took me for ever to answer like this. see, this is the problem most of the time....LACK OF TIME!

I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this mod...Its such a great idea, but a more realistic approach would have me, personally, playing it everyday.  The Wild animals are a good idea, but indian spirits?  As I said, a more realistic approach and I'd love this mod.  Also, the sounds man.  They kill me on the inside.  The unsheathing blade sound for EVERY SINGLE THING I CLICK is obnoxious.  That and the sounds your character makes when equipping a weapon during combat...Not a fan...

GABRILDURO said:
Thx to both my valuable history guys up above! Great and deep explanations, as usual.
I will add only that
-he will find some mounted indians far west in our 1755 map, called Western indians" as robbers. But that was more to pls our "western indian" taste than history.
-The Pennsylvania rifle (Bear has to tell me THX still for it....he he he) is the best shooting rifle, actually, but after dozen of testing (I am going to hate 18th century guns!!) I had to reduce its long range....according to practical reasons. Otherwise troops with it would shoot too early to far enemies....and even worse sometimes....they hit them! :???:
Gab

I have certainly said thanks many times Gab! But I believe one more is in order. You might want to look into revising it for 1776 though, because the one you put in is actually the version from 1830 and on and is closer to a long Hawkens Rifle. But its inconsequential because its just a tiny part of the gun. BUT THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THE RIFLE IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Bearskull21 said:
GABRILDURO said:
I will add only that
Gab
I have certainly said thanks many times Gab! But I believe one more is in order. You might want to look into revising it for 1776 though, because the one you put in is actually the version from 1830 and on and is closer to a long Hawkens Rifle. But its inconsequential because its just a tiny part of the gun. BUT THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THE RIFLE IN THE GAME!!!!!!
Uuugh....really?? Were the earlier rifled pennsy version that different? Have a pic?  :cry:
Btw, one hint, now: did you ever notice that Hunter rifle (and pistol) and also Rifled musket have their hammers moving? Only those weapons! ......Auld, ever noticed??
Gab
PS ....oh, you are welcome! :grin:

GABRILDURO said:
Bearskull21 said:
GABRILDURO said:
I will add only that
Gab
Uuugh....really?? Were the earlier rifled pennsy version that different? Have a pic?  :cry:
Btw, one hint, now: did you ever notice that Hunter rifle (and pistol) and also Rifled musket have their hammers moving? Only those weapons! ......Auld, ever noticed??
Gab

The difference betweenthe rifle on there and the earlier penn rifle is just the hammer. The one in the game has a percussion hammer which wasnt invented until much later.

GABRILDURO said:
Bearskull21 said:
GABRILDURO said:
I will add only that
Gab
Gab
Bear told me of this a while back and I urged him to tell you. I didn't notice. I don't have a detailed knowledge of firearms and their history  :razz:

Oohh, I actually do, but what an idiot I am.....I did not notice!!! Jeeees dumm me!
I will try to have somebody to just change the "powder pan". Right...who?? :???:
Anyway I was speaking about the 3 weapons up above cause their hammers really "move" in the shootting action....all others weapons don t. Pls admire that particular :grin:
Enough of this....or we are out of topic context (suggestions topic :wink: )
Gab
Bear....thx for noticing, again. What an hawkeye!! :grin:

First of all: great mod.  Secondly, just a suggestion for the future: might we see some frontier-style clothing?  Hunting shirts with indian leggings, that kind of thing?

Back
Top Bottom