YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

I Love this mod and everything about it! That openning rush to get everyone in their places and setup is great. With formations, I can see why you'd include them and why you wouldn't  include them, I thought I'd just throw that out and see if anyone had strong feelings.  Anyways, thank you for such an excellent mod.  As a father of two children myself, I know how little free time you must have and am thrilled that you have decided to dedicate it to making such a fun game for all of us.

I'd love to see some of the following;
Spanish/French/British Line Infantry, seems to lack a decent troop tree for the primary factions.
Indian specialized troops, like clubmen and horse archers. (also a high tier troops called Shamans?)

please consider to add following items; Tribal Club, Tribe Masks, more items with skill multiplier (like a compass which gives + to path finding, one idea. Add 1+ engineering if you have building material in your inventory)

And Thank you for a lovely mod

SleeStak said:
I Love this mod and everything about it! That openning rush to get everyone in their places and setup is great. With formations, I can see why you'd include them and why you wouldn't  include them, I thought I'd just throw that out and see if anyone had strong feelings.  Anyways, thank you for such an excellent mod.  As a father of two children myself, I know how little free time you must have and am thrilled that you have decided to dedicate it to making such a fun game for all of us.
Please believe how much my team and me apreciate such a dedicated post to our work!
It doesn t happen often to get such like yours ....and it is actually the only real reward we get for sharing our work with people.
Thx from the deep of our hearts, also considering that you sound like an educated person and well prepared in history (I saw your speech in "historical section"..he he ehe). So we are really honored to get such consideration from you!!!! :grin:
Gab

Darky5 said:
I'd love to see some of the following;
Spanish/French/British Line Infantry, seems to lack a decent troop tree for the primary factions.
Indian specialized troops, like clubmen and horse archers. (also a high tier troops called Shamans?)
please consider to add following items; Tribal Club, Tribe Masks, more items with skill multiplier (like a compass which gives + to path finding, one idea. Add 1+ engineering if you have building material in your inventory)
And Thank you for a lovely mod
Thx for compliments, but pls, about suggestions, you need to spend more time to kindly describe more in depth and in easy english your ideas :grin:....some of us are from foreign nations, also.
Thx
Gab

Hi Gab,I was thinking about units which skills are quite similar,maybe almost identical.There should be some kind of special units in every faction,expensive one,for example British redcoats in Great Britain that could have higher combat skills(overall),French fusilier that could have higher range and accuracy skills(higher firepower overall) if they existed at that time :?:,and concerning Natives,they should have higher morale(like fighting to the last man) and higher cold weapons skills(tomahawks,bows etc.) but I don't know which particular unit that should be in the Native faction.Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that the British and the French grenadiers are the same units with the same skills,that is OK but there should be some units which make the the difference between factions at their maximum upgrade.Just an idea  :idea: :grin:     

GABRILDURO said:
AnthonyTjuatja said:
How about putting some unique faces to all the characters in the game?
And also adding personality to them?
Thanks
Thank you....but they do, don t they? I mean, all companions do. :???:
gab
yes, but generals (AI) don't..
Especially their hair, they need some facials (moustache, etc), also weapons (and more variations of uniforms(could be varied by ranks))..
oh, and could you add Sea Battles (having the ability to control the ships and boarding as well) feature in the future? I think it'd be great :grin:

TMAN78 said:
well perhaps you could make all the units more powerfull
Why bother when they already have a weapon that is capable of killing you in 2 shots(unless you cheat and give yourself max of everything), and that weapon be the musket.

1. It's already v. 2.8, but still the same problems - hero, companions and some troops with 50 or 70 strength, indian bodies, heads and clothing with +40 defense values and other unbalanced stuff. This things killing all pleasure to play this mod.
It looks strangly, when looter in hideout dies after one hit, and to kill the Indian leader, you must put in his body 6-7 arrows from Kush bow=/
2.Can't disable companion interation=/

Shamble said:
1. It's already v. 2.8, but still the same problems - hero, companions and some troops with 50 or 70 strength, indian bodies, heads and clothing with +40 defense values and other unbalanced stuff. This things killing all pleasure to play this mod.
It looks strangly, when looter in hideout dies after one hit, and to kill the Indian leader, you must put in his body 6-7 arrows from Kush bow=/

In native and other medieval mods you had armor. You cannot go into a melee in our mod with native strengths or you'll be whacked in 5 seconds. To compensate we had to do things this way. Not everyone likes this. Not every mod is for everyone. So far most of our players seem to grasp that this is the nature of this mod and I'd be willing to wager more like it than disapprove of it. If it gives you such displeasure well what can I say. I love the heck out of this mod and yes I am biased as I've had a hand in it. But I can live with the fact it may not be everyone's cuppa. There's quite a few mods I've downloaded that left me cold in the end.

Auldman said:
Shamble said:
In native and other medieval mods you had armor. You cannot go into a melee in our mod with native strengths or you'll be whacked in 5 seconds. To compensate we had to do things this way. Not everyone likes this. Not every mod is for everyone. So far most of our players seem to grasp that this is the nature of this mod and I'd be willing to wager more like it than disapprove of it. If it gives you such displeasure well what can I say. I love the heck out of this mod and yes I am biased as I've had a hand in it. But I can live with the fact it may not be everyone's cuppa. There's quite a few mods I've downloaded that left me cold in the end.
......very well said!
...and also we had to "create" a sense of the natural indian aggressivness and scaryness with more agility (they RUN to you now!!!) and "armor", which really is not just "protection" but builds up the danger of their troops.
Fights are so much fun and.....UNPREDICTABLE!!!!
Yessss, I love the "big mixed thing" that we made!!!!! :grin:
gab

Hi gab! first I would like to congratulate you on a brilliant mod about a very interesting period of history. As an Englishman myself i love to play as great Britain and the uniforms and equipment are brilliant. The Indians look very impressive too.
Ok, i am not a modder so i dont know if my suggestions are possible or not, nor do i know how difficult they will be to do but what i was thinking was it would be good if the AI used formations too like firing lines etc. The Indians, skirmishers and some malitia are fine as they are but the infantrymen would look better if the stood in some form of group (it doesnt matter if its not neat). Its just sometimes i just seem to get a horde of french soldiers coming at my tightly formed regiments from all over the place. I think it would look good, simply for historical purposes.
Some mods have already done this but pre battle deployment is quite an essential to any mod (in my opinion) When i begin a battle i find myself franticly clicking buttons to get my soldiers into formations and to where i want them to be before the enemy is upon us.
And last but by no means last; it would be nice if sometimes the 'in battle AI' stood and waited for the player to attack them instead them always attackiing the player. It can sometimes be tactically more challenging for the player to work out a good strategy to take the enemy position. This could be random per battle.
Well i think thats all... sorry for going on a bit . Once again, brilliant mod mate

[quote author=Auldman]In native and other medieval mods you had armor. [/quote]
In native i have armors and helms with +40 defense and here i also have indian heads and bodies with +40 defense, so what the different between medieval and 1755? :razz:
Anyway, thanks for the answer, I understood all, and have no more question on this

kalashnikov said:
Hi gab! first I would like to congratulate you on a brilliant mod about a very interesting period of history. As an Englishman myself i love to play as great Britain and the uniforms and equipment are brilliant. The Indians look very impressive too.
Ok, i am not a modder so i dont know if my suggestions are possible or not, nor do i know how difficult they will be to do but what i was thinking was it would be good if the AI used formations too like firing lines etc. The Indians, skirmishers and some malitia are fine as they are but the infantrymen would look better if the stood in some form of group (it doesnt matter if its not neat). Its just sometimes i just seem to get a horde of french soldiers coming at my tightly formed regiments from all over the place. I think it would look good, simply for historical purposes.
Some mods have already done this but pre battle deployment is quite an essential to any mod (in my opinion) When i begin a battle i find myself franticly clicking buttons to get my soldiers into formations and to where i want them to be before the enemy is upon us.
And last but by no means last; it would be nice if sometimes the 'in battle AI' stood and waited for the player to attack them instead them always attackiing the player. It can sometimes be tactically more challenging for the player to work out a good strategy to take the enemy position. This could be random per battle.
Well i think thats all... sorry for going on a bit . Once again, brilliant mod mate
Ciao!
Thx 4 all your nice words!! :grin:
Good news for you: most of factions stay in one line and wait for you to go to them. Pls experiment somthing like 10 battles with different factions/terrain...etc and you will see it.
About other things, I will give indications and a Guideline that will help so much, but honestly I am waiting to see a much bigger number of real and active "supporters" of 1755.
Gabby

I gave the mod a try and I've got some suggestions/feedback from my first impressions.

1. The Jaeger Rifle has worse accuracy than the Charleville or the Brown Bess. Being a rifle (the others being smoothbore muskets) I would conclude that it has better accuracy unless I'm wrong in some way?
2. I found the war cries and the sword-sheath click sound irritating sometimes; I also did not expect grizzled regulars to do this (concerning the war cries). Or officers.
3. I'd suggest removing the merchandise tags from cheat weapons, or make them extremely rare. Oh and I found banded armour in a shop once, as well as three melee version of a pistol. I suggest you remove the merchandise tags from these too unless they supposed to be available to the player.
4. I'd also suggest making boots more available. I had to search several towns for a pair of black infantry boots and when I found them they didn't fit with the uniform as they were too short. Checked them again and they do kinda fit. They weren't exactly to my prefernce though, but that doesn't matter that much. Also, I spotted peasant clothing for sale at the horse merchant.
5. I would also suggest making the firearm proficiency available unless firearms use another proficiency that is named something else but is visible.

EDIT = Are boars supposed to be bandits?

I noticed some soldiers use knifes in melee. Would it be possible to have them melee with their rifles instead because even in large numbers they seem to get killed by one or two guys with a sword.

Back
Top Bottom