Your personal Viking Conquest rating (X out of 10)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played for only an hour and these are my first impressions.
+ Good map of the region
+ Lots of new items available
+ Different faces than in vanilla- I can't say I love them but they are different. 
+ Cool animations for townsfolk and people in mead halls.
+ The story mode looks interesting and is a new twist
+ Scene and battle graphics look pretty nice compared to vanilla Warband

My only issues so far are:
- laggy map movement and scene loading (yes, I do have a fairly good, newish computer)
- I had a CTD within the first 15 minutes of play.  I have played Warband and mods for many hours and have yet to get a CTD.
- is it just me or do all the townspeople and troops look like they are moving really fast, almost running?
- it would be nice to have more options to select from, like Brytenwalda, where you could enable/disable many options (such as weapons breaking, special wounds, etc.)  I  don't know if VC uses those things but I couldn't find any options for disabling them.
- the peasants seem pretty damn tough- I got my rump kicked training a few of them in a village.

Those are my first impressions, based on about a half hour of Story mode and a half hour of sandbox mode.
I have faith in the design team make real improvements, as they did for Brytenwalda, and expect this to be a top-notch DLC worth its money.  And lucky for me, I can wait for the improvements 'cause I have too damn much work to do in my job this next few days!

6-7/10

Some things need work, but thats buisiness as usual.

It already looks a bunch better than the other DLCs did after months and years.

Funny how some people peddle around with their dumbness by posting the same picture everywhere and even think they are cool.

I'd rate it a PrettyFun/Perfect

It's a shame about the frequent CTD's on the overworld map, since I'm priviliged enough to not get any of the visual glitches/bugs others seem to get

Birdtalon said:
Did they even test this?

I was wondering the same thing tbh, how did they miss the bugged noise for hitting doors? Or did they just not care... ? Not to mention the poorly designed maps which almost all have over-used particle effect/lighting props that seem to be causing FPS problems for a ton of people online.

BlazingPhoenix said:
-Bow is under powered Takes 5 arrows to kill a man in basic armor.
-No Dane axe, 2H axes etc
-nearly all the factions have the exact same stuff.
-Finally the fact that crouching nor shield bashing hasn't been implemented saddens me... especially since crouching and a double weapon feature was on NW but wasn't used on VC..

This stuff really bothers me too, and worse they aren't even bugs. It makes it feel more like a half finished mod project than anything you should be charging people for. I haven't tried the SP yet, but I was mostly looking forward to the MP. I originally wanted to get a server going for it but would be embarrassed to even suggest starting one at this point.

0/10 for me so far, guess I will have to see if the SP is any good.

Alp Tigin said:
5/10 for now.
My game crashed 5-6 times. I could not see so many differences between Viking Conquest and Brytenwalda

Less armors, more bugs, cleaner map, more lag, uglyier women, tattooed faces, less weapons, story mode, super laggy battles. naked arena fighting, horrible wpons in tounries. NO ****ING 2H axes...

Im repeating myself now arent i :razz:

about 5/10, if it had been polished then 7/10. The multiplayer maps are quite simple, almost like they were put together hastily rather than real design documents drawn out for them. I don't find the factions differantiate that much either other than colour of cloth. Weapons are all quite similar.

2/10 at the moment, way too buggy and laggy.

It has great potential -if- it ever gets fixed, but right now it feels like a beta for a mod.

Pamper_Me said:
Less armors, more bugs, cleaner map, more lag, uglyier women, tattooed faces, less weapons, story mode, super laggy battles. naked arena fighting, horrible wpons in tounries. NO ******** 2H axes...

Im repeating myself now arent i :razz:

Amen to that.  And I want to add something.

Why are those goddamn children have faces of adult men? Are they Hobbitts hahahah?

7/10  of my expectations 

did not like
- flora (not so good like polished landskapes)
- illustrations
- color of old paper in menu too bright and too orange
- no new cry in batles (like wits fire and sword for example)

toons of good moments!
brytenwalda is my favorite mod for warband
best wishes for the team!!!

waiting for patches  :oops:

10/10 for the singleplayer campaign, and you have sandbox option too.

??/?? for the multiplayer, I cannot join any server of any module. I would want to experience it either way.

0/10.

Singleplayer sandbox is broken. You can't advance anywhere, you can't even get troops.
Textures are worse than in native.
Faces look like a failed plastic surgery and beside that, they are way too big. It seems like there are no faces for "normal" people at all.
Age slider does nearly nothing.
No stab attack, only the vanilla one.
Characters move like Usain Bolt, but the attacks are snail-like slow.
Multiplayer lacks almost all of the items.
Performance in combat is horrible.
Byrnies/Chainmails look like a woman's dress.
There are no long axes, or fighting axes at all. All the "fighting" axes look like throwing axes...
Items are very limited in general. I expected to see ringmail/chainmail vest armors over tunics w/ leather and stuff like that.
Commanding troops in singleplayer seems somewhat broken, charge doesn't work properly and getting units into formation seems to take a decade.
Campaign map trees don't look like trees at all.
Several bugs throughout Frisian quests in the beginning in the story mode, some of which can make your game unplayable.
Performance issues with the campaign map, gets triple worse when moving around the sea.

There are a lot more problems beside what is listed above. They should have postponed the release and give us a fixed version which is playable and enjoyable. The current version is just ruining the experience and anticipation for everyone.

1/10,

Release a game that works or dont release it at all. If this was a free mod i would uninstall. Unfortunately i spent money on it.

Warband is my favourite game, and this is my favourite historical period, i dont know how it's possible to fail this badly but they did. Did they even test it?

If this is what we can expect from Bannerlord i'm going to be very hesitant to buy it until several months after release and after reading a *ton* of reviews, if it's anything like this i'll just save the money. Remember when games were released in a fully tested and playable state direct from the disk? Not rushed to release and patched/fixed later.

I gave it a 1 because they tried to make a game set in a great era.

My overall wellrounded opinion of it is a solid 0/10. This is beyond bad and I wish I could get a refund. Vikingr is better. Brytenwalda is better. Even NATIVE is better. I'm talking about the multiplayer part. The sound effects are horrible, the gameplay is horrible, the graphics would be okay if the others were but they're not and the graphics are also horrible. Do not buy it.

2.5/10.

It's buggy, ugly and no thought seems to have gone into multiplayer. Hopefully patches will address some of the issues and I'll take another look, but atm, I've got no reason to play it again.

I'd give Brytenwalda 8.5/10 and there are some improvements here, but a lot of steps backward.

I don't think its that bad. I joined a multiplayer server and had no problems. I only played three maps, so I'm not going to rate it yet, but nothing stuck out to me as "this is horrible". Balancing is needed, but in my opinion, that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom