Your Own Medieval Fantasy story

Users who are viewing this thread

Wrong.

I wrote a fantasy/medieval short story as a kid, I don't post it much because it sucks. Still, here you go:

It began with the printing of the great original paperback prints of Tintin in the Congo. Three were given to the Thomsons, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Picaros lords, great miners and craftsmen of the jungle halls. And nine, nine original paperback prints of Tintin in the Congo were gifted to the race of Racists, who above all else, desire power. For within these original paperback prints of Tintin in the Congo was bound the strength and will to govern each race. But they were all of them deceived, for another original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo was made.

(Rastapopoulos' underwater base spouts off lava and fire, the land surrounding it is dark and gloomy. Rastapopoulos stands inside Rastapopoulos' underwater base creating his original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo.)

In the land of Syldavia, in the fires of Rastapopoulos' underwater base, the Dark Lord Rastapopoulos forged in secret a master original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo, to control all others. And into this original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo, he poured his racism, his racism and his will to dominate all life.

(Rastapopoulos shows the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo on his forefinger, the Thomson inscription carving itself into the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo.)

“One original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo to rule them all.”

(Wild Racists attack villages, houses errupt in flames, the townspeople run away screaming in fear.)

One by one, the free lands of Borduria fell to the power of the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo. But there were some who resisted. (An army of Thomsons and Racists are seen on the field of Belgium) A last alliance of Racists and Thomsons marched against the armies of Syldavia, and on the slopes of Rastapopoulos' underwater base they fought for the freedom of Borduria.

(clones of Captain Haddock are seen grunting and ready for battle. Thomsons and Racists let loose arrows into the hordes of clones of Captain Haddock. Armies of clones of Captain Haddock attack the Thomsons and Racists, who fight back bravely. Lord Snowy is seen shouting out commands at the army.)

Victory was near. But the power of the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo could not be undone.

(Rastapopoulos steps onto the battlefield, carrying a mace and the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo of Power on his finger. Everyone turns and looks at him with fear in their eyes. He swings his mace, sending a group of Thomsons flying through the air. Arturo Benedetto Giovanni Giuseppe Pietro Archangelo Alfredo Cartoffoli da Milano raises his sword to strike, but Rastapopoulos flings him against a rock, crushing him to death. Shocked, Pablo runs over to his fallen father. Suddenly, he is aware of someone behind him, he roles over, seeing Rastapopoulos towering above him)

It was in this moment when all hope had faded, that Pablo, son of the King, took up his father’s sword.

(Pablo grabs the hilt of Nestor, but Rastapopoulos stomps on it, shattering the blade. Rastapopoulos reaches down towards Pablo with the hand carrying the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo. With a desperate attempt, Pablo let’s out a cry and strikes Rastapopoulos’s hand with the shards of Nestor, slicing off the finger bearing the One original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo. Rastapopoulos let’s out a cry. He implodes, sending a shockwave throughout the battlefield, knocking the racists off their feet. His armour falls to the ground, his body gone. Smoke emerges from within the armour)

Rastapopoulos, the enemy of the free-peoples of Borduria was defeated.

(Pablo slowly reaches for the remains of Rastapopoulos’s finger bearing the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo. The finger turns to ash in his hands, but the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo shimmers faintly)

The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo passed to Pablo, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever. But the hearts of Racists are easily corrupted. And the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo of Power has a will of its own.

(Pablo is riding trough the forest with a group of warriors. The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo is on a chain around Pablo’s neck. They are ambushed by a group of clones of Captain Haddock. Pablo is knocked off of his horse by an wild Racist and they tumble to the ground. His Racists fight bravely against the clones of Captain Haddock, but it doesn’t look hopeful. Pablo looks around desperatly and sees the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo around his neck. He jerks the chain off and puts the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo on and disappears from sight. Bushes spread as he runs through them, yet nothing is seen of him actually being there. He splashes into the lake and is swimming away under water when the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo leaves his finger. He reaches for it vainly and clones of Captain Haddock on the surface spot his body and kill him.)

It betrayed Pablo to his death.

(Pablo floats down Cutts the butcher face down in the water, dead, with three arrows in his back. The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo sinks into the depths of the river)

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.

History became legend, legend became myth and for two and a half thousand years, the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer.

(The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo is half covered in dirt and a hand reaches down and picks it up out of the water. It glistens in that hand covered in mud.)

Jolyon Wagg:sad:v.o.) My Precioussssssss

The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo came to the creature Jolyon Wagg, who took it deep into the tunnels of the Misty Mountains. And there, it consumed him.

(The Misty Mountains are shown, Jolyon Wagg sits on a stone above a little pool inside the mountains)

Jolyon Wagg: It came to me. My own. My love. My own. My prrrecioussssss! *Jolyon Wagg*

The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo brought to Jolyon Wagg unnatural long life. For five hundred years it poisoned his mind. And in the gloom of Jolyon Wagg’s cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forest of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the east, whispers of a nameless fear, and the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo of Power perceived its time had now come. It abandoned Jolyon Wagg.

(The original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo falls down, bouncing off of the rocks, landing in a pile of dirt.)

But something happened then the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable.

(A young Tintin appears. He is on the ground, his hand groping through the dirt until it stumbles upon the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo. He picks it up looking at it.)

Tintin: What’s this?

A racist. Tintin Reporter of the estate of Marlinspike Hall.

Tintin: A original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo.

Jolyon Wagg: (from far away) Lossssst! My precious is lost!

(Tintin, alarmed, puts the original paperback print of Tintin in the Congo in his pocket)

For the time will soon come when racists will shape the fortunes of all.

Ixzzhaeldir said:
Does anyone here written their own medieval fantasy like Tokien's and such? IfIf you have can you share? I would love to read your stuff.
I've been daydreaming medieval fantasy stories since I was a kid, though I've never written any of them down. For the last three years or so I've been working on a set of stories, based in a world I started to develop when I was probably 14 or so. It started out with magic and dragons and mythical creatures, but I've reworked it to be a more realistic medieval fantasy story. No magic, but more emphasis on people, politics, and armies. I figure I've got enough of an outline to turn into a series of books, if I had the writing skill and ambition to do it (I don't). It also still needs a fair bit of essential stuff added before I can write much down: apart from the hero's city, none of the factions have names. Some have 'placeholder' names, while others don't have names at all. I also need a map, badly. I have vague ideas where stuff is, but nothing set in stone, and even I avoid thinking too much about where things are and how the map should look because in many cases I have no idea. I need to really work that stuff out on paper but while I can write half-decently I can't draw for ****, which makes these things rather frustrating at times. 

I may write a summary of some of the stories later, to give you guys an actual idea of what I'm working on, but we'll see. :razz:

CRACKHEAD TIER
Tolkenian fantasy
Modern Romance
Boring Kids in a fantastical analogue for a school
Mein Kampf

SLEEP TIER
Space opera
Epic fantasy subgenre #10929
Action
Horror
War novel

WOKE TIER
2nd person perspective
Blatant fetish bait
Book where characters address the reader directly

SPACE PYRAMIDS TIER
Dead kid's diary
Machine code
Randomised text
Book written in a completely constructed language that only the author understands

GALAXY BRAIN TIER
module_scripts.py

I have, just like 8 million other people. I made a game with it, unlike 8 other million people thou.

Denny that was !magnificent, you should totally sell that.
Also Brandon Sanderson has put his lecture series on writing things on YouTube and it might be rather helpful if you actually want to write stuff guy with the odd name.

Arvenski said:
I've been daydreaming medieval fantasy stories since I was a kid, though I've never written any of them down. For the last three years or so I've been working on a set of stories, based in a world I started to develop when I was probably 14 or so. It started out with magic and dragons and mythical creatures, but I've reworked it to be a more realistic medieval fantasy story. No magic, but more emphasis on people, politics, and armies. I figure I've got enough of an outline to turn into a series of books, if I had the writing skill and ambition to do it (I don't). It also still needs a fair bit of essential stuff added before I can write much down: apart from the hero's city, none of the factions have names. Some have 'placeholder' names, while others don't have names at all. I also need a map, badly. I have vague ideas where stuff is, but nothing set in stone, and even I avoid thinking too much about where things are and how the map should look because in many cases I have no idea. I need to really work that stuff out on paper but while I can write half-decently I can't draw for ****, which makes these things rather frustrating at times. 

I may write a summary of some of the stories later, to give you guys an actual idea of what I'm working on, but we'll see. :razz:

Don't fear Arven, I'm interested in what you have to share. I've been of a similar tracked mind though I haven't gone as far to build a world or something. I do enjoy writing short stories on happenstance though, to the fiction thread!

dystopian said:
Don't fear Arven, I'm interested in what you have to share. I've been of a similar tracked mind though I haven't gone as far to build a world or something. I do enjoy writing short stories on happenstance though, to the fiction thread!
Well, I'm grateful for the interest. :smile: I played around a little last night with writing an introduction to one part of my world and the stories that take place there, but I've still got a lot to think about as to how I'm going to do it. If I post something publicly I guarantee it'll be ****post fodder, so if I get something decent put together I might PM it to you, and anyone else who might be interested. Don't hold your breath, though. :razz:

I probably should pay more attention to the fiction thread, too...

Back
Top Bottom