Your Opinion on TW 'No confirmed information on up-coming patch content' Policy

What's your opinion on the policy of "no information on coming patch content " ?

• It's both sensible and necessary - because patch content is inherently dynamic

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • I don't like it - but I understand why Taleworlds do it

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • It's absurd and unnecessary - it isolates the community from development and frustrates people

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Funny how one dev is communicating and we're getting 4 pages of ****storm, essentially proving Duh right about communicating carelessly being a bad idea.

I just jump from 1.6.4 to 1.7.1 today and I'm disappointed, I gave a big jump in the versions, and didn't saw nothing special
Is there any new features or systems at all? I just came back too but I don't feel like starting a new campaign if there's nothing new. Patch notes is filled with bug fix and optimizations.

Funny how one dev is communicating and we're getting 4 pages of ****storm, essentially proving Duh right about communicating carelessly being a bad idea.

Is there any new features or systems at all? I just came back too but I don't feel like starting a new campaign if there's nothing new. Patch notes is filled with bug fix and optimizations.
As I said, I jumped two or three versions of the game and a didn't note any big change in the game, but I play with lots of mods and as many of those mods are dead, I feel the game more empty.

Claiming that there is no community involvement or that no community involvement is wanted is simply not true - and, to me, seems counter productive. Your new post is more nuanced.
It isn’t though lol. When has TW actually implemented anything we want. Look at the class system. Everyone hates it. And yet it’s still there.

It isn’t though lol. When has TW actually implemented anything we want. Look at the class system. Everyone hates it. And yet it’s still there.
TW could delete the class system tomorrow and reinstate an exact copy of Warbands equipment system... and you would still be on here demanding a refund roy.

Let's try to keep some intellectual honesty to this conversation. You will never be positive about this game.

"A creature who has spent his life creating one particular representation of his selfdom, will die rather than become the antithesis of that."

Suggestions have led to hundreds of changes by now. We actively communicate the community driven ones for modding in the dedicated section, if you are looking for examples. I am pretty sure I shared some for SP before as well. To give a more recent one - we are looking into the ability to assign companions to formations. (Read - It may or may not happen.) As always, I don't discuss MP.

Just because you didn't get a particular change that you wanted, doesn't mean that no changes are made with feedback in mind.

Inappropriate behavior
seems worth posting a reminder that devs do not warn or mute people and aren't really involved in the forum's moderation.
Hah, as if that's any relief. It's hard to match the the emotional sensitivity and finicky temperament of some of the people involved in the forum's moderation anyway:
Ah. Well. Okay, then. Congratulations, you got me trolled, I guess?
Very amusing. That was in reference to the atrocious moderating in the forum. Now about responding to my comments?

TW could delete the class system tomorrow and reinstate an exact copy of Warbands equipment system... and you would still be on here demanding a refund roy.

Let's try to keep some intellectual honesty to this conversation. You will never be positive about this game.

"A creature who has spent his life creating one particular representation of his selfdom, will die rather than become the antithesis of that."
< snip >

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't in any way respond to my comment; you merely shouted vague nonsense in the hope I don't notice...

Which part did you not agree with?

Hah, as if that's any relief. It's hard to match the the emotional sensitivity and finicky temperament of some of the people involved in the forum's moderation anyway:
Very amusing. That was in reference to the atrocious moderating in the forum. Now about responding to my comments?
Orion does a tough thankless task -and I genuinely don't believe he really has much love for this title anymore tbh; making his task even more thankless.

Admittedly I think some of his moderation is more emotional then logical... but I don't think after all this time we can blame him for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game, as any other game, is not essential part of my life. I take it as it is, not waiting/expecting anything.
I play with some mods here and there, edit troop trees, experiment a bit with this thingie...how you call it? Editor?
My last achievement was importing 50x50km terrain map of our High Tatras mountain range into 1x1km scale of the game map. It was hilarious to climb and stand on the top of the highest peak (2655m in real) with my avatar on the donkeys back ?

You didn't in any way respond to my comment; you merely shouted vague nonsense in the hope I don't notice...

Which part did you not agree with?
You don't realise the sheer audacity of the assumptions you're making about him and now me? Like that I was hoping you wouldn't notice the comment I tagged you on? Your comment is an attempt to diagnose Roy with pessimism and defeatism and is based on... what exactly? Confucian philosophy?
And say your prognosis is correct, what is that meant to mean anyhow? The cynical defeatist minority won't be as enthused with development steps in the right direction and therefore it's illogical to make those demands? Even when the vast majority of the community is hopelessly optimistic?
Admittedly I think some of his moderation is more emotional then logical... but I don't think after all this time we can blame him for that.
You know how they like to go on about having volunteered? So I disagree, you can absolutely blame a person for not recognising he's incapable of performing his duty professionally - especially at the expense of others. That is presuming he cares about the quality and groundedness of his decisions, which I don't believe for a second.

You don't realise the sheer audacity of the assumptions you're making about him and now me? Like that I was hoping you wouldn't notice the comment I tagged you on? Your comment is an attempt to diagnose Roy with pessimism and defeatism and is based on... what exactly? Confucian philosophy?
And say your prognosis is correct, what is that meant to mean anyhow? The cynical defeatist minority won't be as enthused with development steps in the right direction and therefore it's illogical to make those demands?
First of all my comments were directed at Roy; a user I have spoken to regularly before - I've got a pretty good idea penned down regarding this mental attitude towards this game. I sincerely doubt he will ever be satisfied. I don't think that's a bold assumption at all.; if anything - as much as we may argue; I think that's one statement myself and Roy can agree on.

I didn't make any assumptions about yourself... I do not know you. Please do point out any claims I have made about yourself?

Maybe we should follow @Brano example, the sp is trash and the mp is just dead and will remain so, we are expecting too much for nothing.

Oddly enough I agree with half your statement. I don't think anyone should waste their life discussing, arguing or debating a game they frankly don't like. There is millions of other games, and billions of other things to do beyond that. If you don't like Bannerlord - it's really not worth your time spent fighting about it.

You know how they like to go on about having volunteered? So I disagree, you can absolutely blame a person for not recognising he's incapable of performing his duty professionally - especially at the expense of others. That is presuming he cares about the quality and groundedness of his decisions, which I don't believe for a second.

Are you willing to moderate this forum...? I'm sure as hell not. I doubt anyone would frankly. Moderators are not professionals; so we shouldn't hold them to professional standards. If you started paying Orion a wage for his work on this forum; I'm sure this conversation would be very different...

Last edited:
MostBlunted gets muted every day before he has finished his morning coffee. But MadVader? I was trying to see what he said that was so bad. What did he do? Lol ?
Most blunted posted spam that was also fairly inappropriate and insulting the dev team. That in itself did not warrant the mute, but since warning points linger around for a month those became active, hence the mute.
MadVader also crossed the line and and suggested something inappropriate in regards to the devs and their families. That too would not have resulted in a mute itself, but very well might have. However, he still has numerours active warning points, see above for the result.
I just added TengriBless to the club, who as you might have guesses also has some points left over, since the warning above in itself would not have resulted in a mute.

It's a fairly simple reminder that the fairly lenient line that moderation takes is so that you may participate and unless you step way out of line or do it enough times, you will still be able to participate and hopefully turn yourself around and provide something of value to the community.
However, if you fail to adjust your behaviour and continuously engage in passive-agressive, flame baity or openly hostile behaviour, you head down the road of being not a contributive forumite, but a quarrelsome one. Heading down that road is something that I would not recommend.

Most blunted posted spam that was also fairly inappropriate and insulting the dev team. That in itself did not warrant the mute, but since warning points linger around for a month those became active, hence the mute.
MadVader also crossed the line and and suggested something inappropriate in regards to the devs and their families. That too would not have resulted in a mute itself, but very well might have. However, he still has numerours active warning points, see above for the result.
I just added TengriBless to the club, who as you might have guesses also has some points left over, since the warning above in itself would not have resulted in a mute.

It's a fairly simple reminder that the fairly lenient line that moderation takes is so that you may participate and unless you step way out of line or do it enough times, you will still be able to participate and hopefully turn yourself around and provide something of value to the community.
However, if you fail to adjust your behaviour and continuously engage in passive-agressive, flame baity or openly hostile behaviour, you head down the road of being not a contributive forumite, but a quarrelsome one. Heading down that road is something that I would not recommend.
I respect the fact that the moderators are quite lenient on this forum; and I understand the reasoning. But I must admit I disagree; I don't think people really respect or value being muted as a punishment. Hell I think MostBlunted might actually do it for fun now. :ROFLMAO:

He even has a profile picture ready for the occasion.

I think there are plenty of users - and I will genuinely include myself in this group if I'm being completely honest - who probably should have been banned for some of the things we have said either about other users or the devs. Otherwise we will just go round in circles forever.

Last edited:
I respect the fact that the moderators are quite lenient on this forum; and I understand the reasoning. But I must admit I disagree; I don't think people really respect or value being muted as a punishment. Hell I think MostBlunted might actually do it for fun now. :ROFLMAO:

I think there are plenty of users - and I will genuinely include myself in this group if I'm being completely honest - who probably should have been banned for some of the things we have said either about other users or the devs. Otherwise we will just go round in circles forever.
I agree. We also had people that appealed after a while and were unbanned as a result. The leniency is something that works well for a lot of forum members, but the long leash is not something all forumites appreciate equally and sometimes that leads to discussions that are longer than would have been necessary.
But we still adhere to moderation guidelines and in terms of bans and appeals, those are not up to any one moderator and the developers have nothing to do with either of it. They report possible rule violations the same as everyone else.
Finally, a mute should - in my mind - result in acknowledgement of your action and either spark the interest in a dialogue to learn more, or most likely a bit of frustration about the timeout. The healthy reaction is to calm your attitude within the duration of the mute and return with a reformed style of posting. Now that of course cannot work for everyone and you get a few people that are really hung about it, but it works for most.
The replies to some warnings can be quite fun though, I once had a dude insult me while suggesting I should sell donuts for a living. I wouldn't recommend sending replies like that though, things can cascade into more points and further.

If you don't like Bannerlord - it's really not worth your time spent fighting about it.
Whenever I see this argument, I have an urge to puke. People are here complaining for whatever reason they have and that is it.
Me, still loving battles and doing trade other than that, the game has so many flaws and I do not like most of it so I am gonna stay here complaining the stuff I do not like as long as I see it is worth enough.

In my opinion it's bad and really hurts the game. Better communication would allow people to give more feedback about what they like and what they don't and it would also allow people to prepare better for the patches. Nobody wants to constantly re-learn a game with every patch so it'd be quite helpful to have an idea how the game is supposed to look like. For example a few days ago a developer said in a thread that they are going to buff revenue from workshops. That's awesome and we need a lot more of this, stuff like that matters a lot for the players.

Back
Top Bottom