Your most disturbing moment in gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
Aliens vs Predator, the Marine campaign. The steady click, click, click of the motion tracker ...

Man I remember in AVP 2 while at the marine campaign I had to infiltrate a predator lair, also when passing trough the tunnel with the APC.

Predator the easiest? I don't know, the only challenge for the alien was those motion detector machine guns and minigun marines. Playing with predator I was constantly running out of energy fighting the respawning aliens and was forced to attack them with those wrist blades. Which usually didn't end all that good for me.

From what I remember, Predator was pretty much: 1.Stealth
                                                                                2.IR
                                                                                3.Shoulder gun
                                                                                4.Rinse and repeat till end.

Nahkuri said:
Predator the easiest? I don't know, the only challenge for the alien was those motion detector machine guns and minigun marines.
Like I said, it gets hard towards the end. In fact, to be precise it gets hard around about the final level when you're fighting a virtual army of predators who seemingly have infinite cloak ability. Although saying that the inability to easily spot the exploding androids from normal humans was a bit of a ****er too.
Playing with predator I was constantly running out of energy fighting the respawning aliens and was forced to attack them with those wrist blades. Which usually didn't end all that good for me.
IIRC I breezed through it with the spinning frisbee of death thing. I remember wrist blades as being ridiculously overpowered though; weren't they what got you trophies?

Oh god, I remember having trouble with those android ****ers with sniper rifles on one of the Predator missions, they can see through your cloak, have perfect accuracy and one shot is enough to kill you.

Archonsod said:
Like I said, it gets hard towards the end. In fact, to be precise it gets hard around about the final level when you're fighting a virtual army of predators who seemingly have infinite cloak ability. Although saying that the inability to easily spot the exploding androids from normal humans was a bit of a ****er too.

Wait, are we talking about the first or the second AvP? Because the Alien campaign of the first game had 2 predators in the final level. Their cloak was rather useless for them too, because they were glowing green, to simulate the alien smelling them or something. Killing a predator required as much as one full strength tail stab, which had the predator trying to activate the wrist bomb, and then hacking away at it/biting it's head off before it manages to set it off.

IIRC I breezed through it with the spinning frisbee of death thing. I remember wrist blades as being ridiculously overpowered though; weren't they what got you trophies?

The frisbee of death in the first AvP was rather deadly, yeah, except that it constantly got stuck on the walls. I recall you could recall it with by pressing a button, but that also required some of your rapidly depleting energy. The wrist blades were definitely not OP in the first, either. The primary attack was ridiculously weak, and you had to hack away quite a bit before even a single marine would bite the dust. You could release a charged power attack by holding the secondary attack, which caused an alien's torso to explode. Against multible aliens it was quite useless, as you'd dispose of one of them, and by the time you'd have gathered enough strenght to release a second, the other aliens had clawed away 50% of your HP.

Ravenholm in Half-Life 2. I was low on ammo, low on health. I had the brightness low, and my room was dark. By the gods, but that was heart-pounding. Those damn runners. >.<

Vault 87 in Fallout 3 was surprisingly heart-rate raising, and the vault with the hallucinogenics had me slightly disoriented.

Not much else, though. :\
Yet.

Oh, and Dead Space. It had some moments, though I stopped playing it simply because I found the camera controls to be too slow/general controls too awkward. It felt sluggish and as if I was fighting against the game to control the character.

Resident Evil 4 Chain saw grannies. Damn bastards took the girl every time.. and i only had the mauser type 17 , played this game when I was 10  :mrgreen:
Was awake for 1 month maybe...

The house of the dead overkill, when the mad scientist turns out to be in an incestuous relationship with his zombie mother.

That was disturbing beyond anything

One of the most disturbing moment in gaming for both me and my bro was when we played Thief: The Dark Project and encountered that rotten corpse near the beginning of the second mission. We were like, "Let's see it up from close !" and suddenly it stood up, moaning and all. We were so freaked out that we didn't play the game 'till next week. The most ironic thing is, we played Doom 1-2 and Wolfenstein 3D prior to Thief so we thought we were used to sick stuff...  :roll:  you can imagine our encounter with a Hammerite Apparation a few missions later  :lol:

I bought and completed Silent Hill Homecoming last night, and three moments stood out beyond all else.

Scarlet Fitch, the giant doll-like boss. The hissing-screaming sound she makes sends shivers up my spine.

The drill scene, where Judge Holloway tries to stick and industrial-issue drill into your leg to torture you, and you break free and stick it through her jaw.

Amnion. Fighting a cruel representation of Alex Shephard's mother is horrible. Especially when it's attacked to a bloated, naked body, which is then attacked to six massive mechanical spider legs. And cutting her stomach open to kill her was awesome..ly disgusting.

Zeno Clash. The game in its entirety is odd and disturbing. Probably not the most disturbing, but definitely one of the more memorable ones I've experienced.

Beside some awful (yet very funny) moments of Doom 3, this recent one tops the list:

't Was late, me playing Dragon Age. Was getting late, dark, and me being funny to amp up the volume. (yes, that works) I just managed to get rid of a load of fanatics protecting the Urn and the frozen temple of Andraste. Just met some Ash Wraiths who were quite scary. Started a fight again (some more of those Andraste worshippers), finished them, music went calm. Everyone put their swords on their back. Started to loot the corpses and all. I was almost done, one nearby chest remeaning. Walked near it with a rogue, relaxing after the fight, clicked it, and a Friggin Damned Scary Ash Wraith came out of it.

Yes, that helps waking me up. Works even better than coffee.

Bioshock, been a while, but when you walk into the theatre and there are all these bodies wrapped up, and there is a guy with a mask on playing the piano. It was the screaming that got me...

1. When I was little I watched my brother playing moonstone at the amiga, the ****ing swamp monster freaked me out  :lol:
2. A little older but still not grown. Played Fallout 2 for the first time, meet some poor farmers with child talking to frank h., seconds later they got mutilated
by 3 miniguns  :shock:
3. resident evil 1&2. still my favorite horror games despite the old graphic. dead space is dead boring in comparison 

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back on the N64. There was a sewer level with mandatory underwater bits in it. However, there were also these tentacle monster things living in the water as well. Add to that poor visibility in the water because it's gloomy and the fact I was young and that was a hellish gaming experience. I had to get my sister to finish that level for me.

Penumbra: Black Plague. First time seeing the Tuurngait.
When you suddenly hear this loud bang of a door open and you are instructed to find cover. I freaked the **** out and ran right out of the room. When I came back he was still patrolling with his flashlight coming just around the corner.

It became less scary once I found out that I could easily outrun them, though. That's why I liked Overture better. Those wolves were pure, speed-demon machines of Satan. At least on the highest difficulty.

12.jpg

Uninvited, C=64.

I was about 8 years old. Never ran that game again.

Back
Top Bottom