Your Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

72x

Recruit
so i'd like to know, what is your first three lords you recruit when creating your own kingdom. Mine goes

1. Caliph Hamid / Assassins
2. Baron Ealdred / Grey Archers
3. Lord Gundarr Iceheart / that face  :grin:

Companions count, right? :razz:

Lethal, who supposedly and theoretically would have a HUGE army of noldors, yet always disappoints me :sad:
Caliph Hamid, who I will make my marshall, before stealing all his garrisoned Scorpion Assasins after he conquered somewhere :grin:
Kyros Dux, who would have his own army of SLC to combine with my own :evil:

srulz said:
Companions count, right? :razz:

Lethal, who supposedly and theoretically would have a HUGE army of noldors, yet always disappoints me :sad:
Caliph Hamid, who I will make my marshall, before stealing all his garrisoned Scorpion Assasins after he conquered somewhere :grin:
Kyros Dux, who would have his own army of SLC to combine with my own :evil:
Lethal is a beast though with enough fiefs. He is no Hamid but he has like 20-30s noldor troops in my game. I think Hamid is the most ridiculous lord. Seriously I have seen him with 60 d shar scorp.... Also the guys with order knights are also quite strong. Baron Eardred always is my enemy lol. I remember letting him go and I got like a -10 relationship hit at least -.-.

Just checked Lethal has 5 Noldor Maiden Rangers, 10 Noldor Rangers, and 19 Noldor Warriors. He also has 11 Pendor Gray Archers, 20 Mounted Pendor man at arms, 16 armored pendor bowmen and about 70 fodder troops. I gave him 1 town, 1 castle, and two small fiefs. I would say he is pretty dam strong. Noldor Warriors make even legionnaires and huscarls seem weak.

Donovan isn't bad if you like barclay troops which are quite versatile.
Also if you can if you are aiming for a particular order knight try to recruit lords with that knight as a household troop.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,190591.0.html

This thread has the list of household troops.

Ok, first choices for lords. I always go for special troops, that CANNOT be recruited anywhere. That means i make lords out of companions. Mind you, I still have my personal squad of faithful companions with me. I make lords out of companions that left my party cause of non-compatibility with others. So: I made:

Lady Boadice : Veccavia Queen! Have pretty good damn mounted maidens!
Lord Donovan: Barclay troops! Awesome for sieges and open battles. Very versatile troops.
Lord Frederick: Mettenheim greatsword monsters! Armored Berserkers-like! Very crazy in sieges! Plus, have exellent crossbows.
Lord Roland: Because that bastard can get 200 troops with only 2 fiefs. ( town excluded)

Ah crap, i numbered 4 of them. Ah well. never hurts to know more! :smile: :mrgreen:

Markurion said:
Ok, first choices for lords. I always go for special troops, that CANNOT be recruited anywhere. That means i make lords out of companions. Mind you, I still have my personal squad of faithful companions with me. I make lords out of companions that left my party cause of non-compatibility with others. So: I made:

Lady Boadice : Veccavia Queen! Have pretty good damn mounted maidens!
Lord Donovan: Barclay troops! Awesome for sieges and open battles. Very versatile troops.
Lord Frederick: Mettenheim greatsword monsters! Armored Berserkers-like! Very crazy in sieges! Plus, have exellent crossbows.
Lord Roland: Because that bastard can get 200 troops with only 2 fiefs. ( town excluded)

Ah crap, i numbered 4 of them. Ah well. never hurts to know more! :smile: :mrgreen:

Why not Lethaldrian :sad:? I get all of those guys too.

I have reasons for both of them. I cannot make Lethaldiran my Lord, because than Leslie would leave my party, and I need Leslie cause she has 8 trainer skill.(those 2 are in love) :mrgreen:

I tried to make Adonja a Lady, but Boadice and many other lords disagree with making commoner a lord. Boadice takes it especially hard! I got like, - 25 relation with her when I promoted Adonja. So, no! I prefer Veccavian than Mystmountain army. :cool:

Mattrim said:
LethalD leaving your party should have no effect on Leslie. LethalD likes Julia
Yep :razz:. Sorry but you were wrong Markurion. Also yes Boadice is pretty beastly. I like her female army with male grunts lol. Since I am playing a female character atm I think it would be fitting. Also I can just find her in a tavern and just make her a lord right off the bat since she is fairly high level and she isn't part of my normal party anyway.

No, he's right, if he has Julia's 2 dislikes, than if Leth leaves the party, so will Julia, eventually, because he is the only glue keeping that 4 of them in the party.

Kyros Dux- for the shadow legion centurions
Boadice- because she have a 230 army with just a castle :razz:
lethal- hi have noldors on his party

Mattrim said:
LethalD leaving your party should have no effect on Leslie. LethalD likes Julia

My mistake! Julia! :mrgreen: Shes a trainer 7! Also very valuable member of party! Again, can't have her leave!

Dunha said:

I've yet to promote Boadice to lady, are her troops actually worth it?  In one game, i currently have a city open for a lord/lady and it's surrounding fiefs, was just curious if I should hold it for a lord with unique troops or just try Boadice out.

Mattrim said:
Dunha said:

I've yet to promote Boadice to lady, are her troops actually worth it?  In one game, i currently have a city open for a lord/lady and it's surrounding fiefs, was just curious if I should hold it for a lord with unique troops or just try Boadice out.

She has Veccavia Knights, Maiden Cavalry, Lady Valkyries, Veccavia Horses, some female archers that are about as good as Sarleon Armored bowmen, standard archers I guess, and some grunts that are a bit weaker than standard foot soldiers like kierguards. She has a very large army though I think due to her high leadership. She has some fodder but thats due to the size of her army (Maiden fodder). I am not sure if she has Heroine Adventurers or Maiden Adventurers since I have not given her that many fiefs. She also has a Queen's knight or something. Overall she has a lot of mid tier to high tier cavalry troops and average foot soldiers as support. Not bad. Her army size and large cavalry is her biggest advantage.

Veccavia knights are just like other noble knights, veccavia horses like empire horsemen sort of(mid tier cavalry not really weak like ravernstern horsemen but not as strong as knights).

Golden Fish said:
Would it be worth it to level up the leadership on any companions you wish to make lords/ladies?

Yes! You don't have to overdo it though like leveling their cha to 30. If they have 13 cha you might want to level it to 15 and make their leadership 5 but don't go overboard or they won't be strong enough to even get kills to level or even be useful as a companion. All of my companions are combat types except Ansen the medical, engineer guy.

Boadice already has high leadership.

Anyone know which version they started companions unique troops? Was testing with a 3.3 version and Boadice, Fred are just getting D'shar troops  :sad:

Mattrim said:
Anyone know which version they started companions unique troops? Was testing with a 3.3 version and Boadice, Fred are just getting D'shar troops  :sad:

Can't say I know, mate. But i didn't answer cause of the I DON'T KNOW. Can you tell me what's on your avatar pic? that warrior looks cool. I wonder where it's from? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom