Users who are viewing this thread

Waihti

Knight at Arms
Currently looking for volunteers for :

Translations. Interested? Inscribe here

Mod documentation/user guide.

uploading savegames where you are playing as vassal

Heya :smile:

I'm planning to conquer castles and stuff soon, but haven't done it yet. However, I'm not sure I'll be able to yet, perhaps you could be a little more specific as to what you want in the save game? :smile:

waiihti i placed a savefile where i am king , have just builded a siege tower and am besieging haringoth castle with 130+ huscarls vs 100 men. Should be easy enough?

manekemaan said:
waiihti i placed a savefile where i am king , have just builded a siege tower and am besieging haringoth castle with 130+ huscarls vs 100 men. Should be easy enough?

Thanks for the savegame. Now I need another one where you are conquering it as king supported by vassals  :razz:

Hi there,

What is needed in the way of user doco? I am afraid I am very poorly equipped for any technical doco sorry!

Trithemius said:
Hi there,

What is needed in the way of user doco? I am afraid I am very poorly equipped for any technical doco sorry!

I had a text in mind which lists all the Diplomacy features, explains them to the player and answers frequently asked questions. The only thing we have right now is the change log which doesn't tell much.

I'd be happy to help anyone who wanted to do this. It's a great mod and making it more accessible to people would really help I think.

I was thinking about starting with the feature list, getting some screens of the menus (etc) involved and then drafting something.
If I am not sure about the values for some things I may leave them blank for Wahiti to add in straight from the code.

Trithemius said:
I was thinking about starting with the feature list, getting some screens of the menus (etc) involved and then drafting something.
If I am not sure about the values for some things I may leave them blank for Wahiti to add in straight from the code.

sounds good. I guess it would be great to do this in a new topic.

This is my favorite mod and though this isn't listed above I would like to try and make a back story for some companions. It would be cool if there were more and stuff so yeah. Also I like writing so in all I can help you add interesting dialogue. Please lemme know what you think. (Right now I am right a back story for companion you can get who used to be in the sarranid sultanate because I noticed there isn't anyone.)

sounds good but how would you integrate the back story in the game? as quest or like it's in native as texts when you are near a certain location?

No like a guy you meet at a tavern as a companion (Shariz only I was thinking) Anyways here is a quick dialogue

Hazim(Example name may be changed).
Blood, Fire, Death, The lands of Calaradia burns and no one sees the real threat do they?

Player
option 1 What do you mean the real threat?
option 2 get away from me doom sayer.

option 1 response selected.
I saw in my dream calardia burning and death was everywhere I watched as Lords were ridden down by massive massive groups of bandits. Villagers driven into down like before the great leader of the bandits Alius Gaelore. Now I sit here in this tavern searching for someone who is willing to stop him before this occurs.

Player
Option 1 I will do it I must not let Calradia fall this far.
Option 2 You are insane and I should get away from you.

Option 1 selected You? You? Hmm I guess so. Very well Alius Gaelore is now outside Shariz waiting for travellers. Go and deafeat him.

This will be quest and if you beat aliues (he will have around 80 men called 25 elite bandits with good armour and such and the rest forest mountian sea raiders etc.) you come back and

Hazim Wello done I wish to ask you something would you allow me to join you? I would lovwe to be in warriors party such as yourself.

Player
Option 1 Of course
Option 2 no thanks

Hazim will have very good skills and a unique horse and sword (sword is two handed) and armor. horse will be named Flame.
Sword will be called Bane of existence

If you pick option 2 though he will ofer to give you his horse and sword and armor.
Well that is dissapointing but however would you like some special items.

Option 1 yes please
option 2 no thanks.

Hi everybody.

I just wanted to tell you that there is a possiblity to create a Wiki for Diplomacy (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/diplomacy/wiki) if you like.

Since there are always popping up the same questions and apparently the FAQ isn't enough to answer all upcoming questions maybe it would be nice to have some kind of Documentation in a wiki where you can simply add things when you feel they should be written down somewhere.
This would also enable you to write down things like guides etc...

So if there are any volunteers who want to step up and have some ideas how to fill the wiki, tell me.

:!: Looking for people interested to pursue this great mod dev  :!:

As M&B WB major support will end soon, I would like to see Diplomacy grows and corrects what may stay unfinished in our dear vanilla game.
To do such, we need Diplomacy be a strong platform and so we need a strong documentation about what it is really, what it does, how it is done. That includes inline comment, sure, but also a global presentation with all the scheme requierd.

In order to help this project, you dont need to be a Mamluke Coder but the minimum is to be able to understand Python code. A fairly easy language, man said even the easiest to learn programming.
Nothing very complex here, more a boring task as ModSys files tend to be really hugly  :roll:

Hope to see some volunteers joining, or this will take me years to achieve  :shock:

RoadMap main steps:
1- ModSys global (SP related) analysis and documentation
2- Diplomacy analysis and documentation
3- Diplomacy design redraw
4- New integration system to ModSys
5- Diplomacy ready to be expanded... insert your new features list there  :cool:

p.s. the 1.157 will be our starting point.

Back
Top Bottom