Your fame, expertise and troops provided should be accounted for slightly being a Mercenary

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

In other words you should get some bonus on your payroll which includes level of your character, commanders and level of troops as well as fame provided.
So make an formula that includes an bonus that includes this to the payout but keep the same system otherwise. Dont have to be a lot bonus, but would be more fair if you now are an renown warrior or mercenary

Perhaps slap in one perk that amplifies this

Last edited:
I noticed when playing mercenary that your Influence gets consumed and converted into money. I couldn't tell if this happens already, but if you got paid more because you have more influence (by fighting more/better) that would make a lot of sense. The lord you talk with to begin your contract tells you that you get paid based on how many parties you take down but like I said, I couldn't quite tell how that system works currently

you get more paid the more influence in stages, you get also more for how many they are at war against because of the risk and demand if i understood the system right. However that influence you get are going down in such fast rate that it dont pay that much anyways in the bigger scheme of things. Especially when you´re shipping in a lot as an mercenary for that faction at later stages. But sure you get a lot spoils of war so guess it adds up: Like i said dont have to be much bonus on the payroll but at least so it shows that you´re at least are progressing and are important later on

Last edited:
I noticed when playing mercenary that your Influence gets consumed and converted into money. I couldn't tell if this happens already, but if you got paid more because you have more influence (by fighting more/better) that would make a lot of sense. The lord you talk with to begin your contract tells you that you get paid based on how many parties you take down but like I said, I couldn't quite tell how that system works currently

Winning battles earns influence. Influence is converted into money daily. Some portion of influence is lost daily, the more influence you have the faster it goes down. I thought it was pretty well balanced, all things considered, when you had a lucrative contract. I was pulling down 2000 denar daily ticks, on top of which I could add battle loot so my total daily income was around 5000 denars.

That's enough for myself and two clan parties, with an average tier of 4.

Winning battles earns influence. Influence is converted into money daily. Some portion of influence is lost daily, the more influence you have the faster it goes down. I thought it was pretty well balanced, all things considered, when you had a lucrative contract. I was pulling down 2000 denar daily ticks, on top of which I could add battle loot so my total daily income was around 5000 denars.

That's enough for myself and two clan parties, with an average tier of 4.
If i ever made that volume i would be alright about it... But ive never reached above around approx +3-500 mark which you get for around 2 days tops since not much are happening in between on a good day how many campaigns, big clash battles and a lot of other stuff ive done for an faction during their wars. You sir must have found a good faction or sugar daddy of which ive not. Or been smacking the sht out of the local bandits :wink:

Can agree that loot pays well if you and your troops done well in battle and have good rogue skill. However theres a lot of days when you get payed blank just to patrol with an army of which you to have to pay hundreds of denars to your troops depending on size incl food. If i where an renowned mercenary i wouldnt have worked under such conditions...We might have to start an Union :wink:

Last edited:
If i ever made that volume i would be alright about... But ive never reached above around aprox +300 which you get for around 2 days tops since not much are happening in between on a good day how many campaigns. big clash battles and a lot of other stuff ive done for an faction during their wars. You sir must have found a good faction or sugar daddy of which ive not

It was (IIRC) a 290 denar contract.

Hopefully when the barter system is fully utilized all of these factors will be taken into account and you can haggle for a good deal.

Well as im seeing it now the Merc contract isnt static with different options as it used to be, but fluctuating due to ex how many wars the faction your working for are up against. One day i get like 250 other days 30 denars when theres maybe one or no war as standard payment excl influence bonus

That whole "donate prisoners for influence" mechanic is sorely missed as a mercenary. If you took many prisoners it was a great source of cash. Now you are much better off selling them in the tavern menu.

I agree with the OP that more accomplished characters should be paid more. Perhaps it could be based on the maximum size of your army. Since your army size is based on your clan level and steward skills, that might actually work.

It was (IIRC) a 290 denar contract.

Yes you are right....Just got up to 20 in influence after spending 200 food to an army because of an panhandling general and my contract is now up to 800. However idk if its worth it though except if youre farming the **** out of bandits and looters as well as having an bad ass army killing stuff on the fly :smile:

There is no risk to being a mercenary. You're not bound by anything. You can leave kingdom whenever you feel like. You can leave kingdom when you're caught by an army that heavily outnumbers you.

Not the point dear sir, even if im getting what you´re saying. Dont think i ever needed or have done it either just because of that but its a good point for sure

Back
Top Bottom