Your Custom Knighthood Order(s)! (Possible Spoilers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I am also doing a Knightly CKO in my current game, initially gave the Sergeants an Empire Halberd and a Siege Crossbow.

But Pendor is a dangerous place to run around without a shield, so re-equipping them now with Engraved Shield and Runed Bastard Sword.

Funny, I gave the sergeants of my latest order halberds and crossbows, too. However, I also gave them shields and thanks to Dusk Voyager's script they spawn with them even though they have no one handed weapon. I use the blunt weapon command to make them take out the shields for advancing under fire, and let them switch back to their actual weapons when they are close enough.

iskar said:
In my recent game I decided to found an actually knightly order that was to use only melee weapons instead of the general all purpose ubertroopers that one is tempted to turn the CKO into. I gave them morningstars, greatswords and lances. I went for light lances as I figured the AI might be too stupid to switch when in close combat and a light lance has sufficient speed and damage while not too much range to still be of some use when close. Using a very nice solution by Dusk Voyager to make the CKO troops have exactly the equipment I want them to have (instead of the game choosing a random selection of the preset items) I forced my knights to all spawn with all the chosen weapons on the field. I expected them to use their lance for the charge and change to swords or morningstars once they got stuck somewhere. However, I was mistaken. It turned out the AI valued the damage, speed and range of the light lance so high that the knights would not switch weapons unless they got dismounted. Furthermore, the AI was so frighteningly effective in using the lances for general poking rather than just couching that my knights massacred Guardian Empire Knights and SL Centurions like nothing on full damage settings even though they were still at 300 WP and just 27 strength.
So against my original plan I found myself at the head of a force of heavily armoured ulans that poked enemy cavalry and infantry to death with their superior reach and piercing damage.

Later I actually resolved to exchange the light by a heavy lance later on, as I figured its worse speed rating would convince the AI to use it for charging only, where I was right, but I was so amazed by the power of light lances (while the horses weren't even very fast - only 38 speed) that I decided my next sergeants had to be jinetes.
Yeah, Light Lances can do wonders. In fact I usually use one myself as soon as I get past PS4. You can still crouch, and the increased dmg and attack speed means it's the perfect wpn to poke around. Regarding CKO dmg, there shouldn't be much surprise, just considering how much dmg Hero Adventurers do in tournaments with blunt lances!
I have yet to find the rune wpn on horse, that lets me kill more easily...(though Jatu Honor Lance is nice too)

My CKO currently is just a clone of the dshar scorpion assassins and blademasters because it takes way too long to train them from bladesmen  :lol:

Before I restarted again (I'm a habitual restarter) I was making the Order of the Phoenix (not Harry Potter related).  Phoenix Knights and Phoenix Talons, but if anyone wants to suggest a more awesome sergeant name I'm all ears.

Idea is that the hero will rise from the ashes of his fallen ancestors to lead to pendor reborn.  I was planning on equiping the knights with doom maces and heavy armor/shield and the sergeants with doom maces/shield and either a seige crossbow or noldor bows.

I found heraldic armor for my CKO so they can be wearing my colors. Is there a similar option for shields that I just don't meet the requirements for yet? There's not currently one available but my knights have just started training (str 18, shield 3).

oldark said:
Before I restarted again (I'm a habitual restarter) I was making the Order of the Phoenix (not Harry Potter related).  Phoenix Knights and Phoenix Talons, but if anyone wants to suggest a more awesome sergeant name I'm all ears.

Idea is that the hero will rise from the ashes of his fallen ancestors to lead to pendor reborn.  I was planning on equiping the knights with doom maces and heavy armor/shield and the sergeants with doom maces/shield and either a seige crossbow or noldor bows.

I have this exact combination for my CKO right now (except Noldor bows for both knights and sergeants). Both have heraldic plate, heater shields (shows your banner) and doom maces. If anything, they are simply too deadly, as it becomes a matter of line up, mow down with arrows and mop up survivors with maces for prisoner harvesting. When you know you can take down any amount of enemies by yourself, including unique spawns it becomes very boring.

I'm thinking of taking away the bows and giving them throwing weapons instead, maybe 2 bags of throwing spears for the sergeants and 1 bag and a light lance for the knights.

oldark said:
I found heraldic armor for my CKO so they can be wearing my colors. Is there a similar option for shields that I just don't meet the requirements for yet? There's not currently one available but my knights have just started training (str 18, shield 3).

Try Knightly Heater Shield

So how do I cheat to make upgrading my order go more quickly? I tried using an item editor to lower the cost and raise the abundance to 200, but it did nothing except make the items have a low resell value lol.

facepoppies said:
So how do I cheat to make upgrading my order go more quickly? I tried using an item editor to lower the cost and raise the abundance to 200, but it did nothing except make the items have a low resell value lol.

You're from Reddit. If you wait for or ask Dusk Voyager, you'll get your answer/tweak.

facepoppies said:

It's not necessary to cheat. Here's a legitimate way of going about it. One of the beautiful things about M&B  is that the player's presence in general, is not necessary for the game to proceed.

1. Capture a castle/city. Start your order.
2. Fill the settlement with *****es so no sane army will even think of trying to siege you (around 2-3k mid tier troops)
3. Click the "wait" button
4. Go grab some coffee/watch a movie/take your mother out to dinner
5. ???
6. Enjoi your CKO

The only problem with this approach is that while you're inactive, the balance of power in Pendor might shift to one or two factions blobbing significantly and having 10k armies, which sucks. But this is an unrelated game issue that I've brought up with the devs in the "fan suggestions' sticky thread.

Grotrian said:
I gave mine:
Noldor Rune armor
Noldor leather boots
Mattenheim gauntlets
Noldor ancient shield
Eventide cape
Noldor composite bow
Noldor arrows
Runed bastard sword
Spirit horse

They have the same equipment as my knights. But then again I'm on day 2300 so probably not very practical!

Kushana said:
facepoppies said:

It's not necessary to cheat. Here's a legitimate way of going about it. One of the beautiful things about M&B  is that the player's presence in general, is not necessary for the game to proceed.

1. Capture a castle/city. Start your order.
2. Fill the settlement with *****es so no sane army will even think of trying to siege you (around 2-3k mid tier troops)
3. Click the "wait" button
4. Go grab some coffee/watch a movie/take your mother out to dinner
5. ???
6. Enjoi your CKO

The only problem with this approach is that while you're inactive, the balance of power in Pendor might shift to one or two factions blobbing significantly and having 10k armies, which sucks. But this is an unrelated game issue that I've brought up with the devs in the "fan suggestions' sticky thread.

This would work if you didn't need to hit continue for hearbeat quests, weekly budget report etc.

Back
Top Bottom