Your current Top 5 essentials mods for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
-m6BK.png

Since the modding tools were released we've all been excited about the fascinating total conversion mods, osp packs and more that our dedicated community of creators will offer us in the future. However since the release of Bannerlord there has been a blossoming of small mods, small fixes, improvements tweaks, etc...

I know that in other threads have talked about this, but I would like each of you to participate; be extremely precise in your 5 Nexus mods that you consider "essentials" nowadays for you and that should be part of the Native game by default.

1.Hotkeys
2.Better Time
3.Party Screen Enhancements
4.Settlement Icons (Unsure which fix version works for current builds so link is to the original mod)
5.Equipment In Encyclopedia

I consider these pretty much equally essential so the order is irrelevant.

1. Being able to control most menus with the keyboard instead of clicking is a huge improvement, since it released it has always been on in my playthroughs.

2. Increasing speed even further with an extra speed option. Must have.

3. Sorting party, easily setting upgrade paths once and then simply auto upgrading, transfer up to limit. The devs have been hinting at some kind of rework/improvement to the party screen, hopefully it implements some parts of this mod.

4. Rather than visiting every village searching for quests / noble units having it show up on the nameplate when in visual range, genius.

5. Some patches ago the devs added equipment to the encyclopedia, before that patch the only way to properly inspect a unit was searching the xmls. I found this very annoying, since no one else was making this mod or something similar, months after release, I finally gave up hoping for someone else to make it and did it myself. Since I had access to the unit and every relevant factor for it I also added extra information such as total armor values, skill effects and the different equipment sets. When the devs changed the unit page they only added the first equipment set (without horse/horse harness for some reason!) to the page. Therefore I still consider my mod essential as it provides all significant info about the troop, not just part of it. (Also in the latest verison it can be used to edit the units in game which should help modders test out their units/changes easier)

As a modder however, by far the best mod for bannerlord is Better Exception Window. Instead of people reporting a crash without any useful info BEW enables them (usually) to provide the exception that occurred and the call stack. This makes it much easier for the modder to find and fix the issue. I believe this info is already generated by the crash logs but BEW make it so much easier for the users to simply copy/screenshot the relevant parts. It doesn't actually do anything in game however (the modder could/should just debug with a decompiler instead of using BEW), it is only useful when things aren't working properly and it only really helps the modder which is why I would not consider it essential to the user.

1.Scum & Villainy and its requirement mod- Custom Spawns. Add tons of cool bandit factions with interesting troop trees to fight and recruit into the game. It even has huge late game death armies which make the game feel a little bit more like Pendor. The game's not even fun for me without this mod.
2. Distinguished Service. So I can promote those scumbags above into useful companions
3. Party Screen Enhancements. Lets you sort your party by tier, formation, culture, etc. I'm sick of manually dragging my high tier guys to the top of the list
4. Party AI Overhaul and Commands. Not sure if its compatible with latest game versions anymore, though
5. Crafted Item Copyright. Because I'm sick of seeing all the shops filled with nothing but my crap javelins

1.Control Allies after Death

This mod is so essential to gameplay that it's a wonder this feature isn't already implemented in vanilla bannerlord atleast in some aspect, like taking over control of your companion after getting knocked out on the battlefield. After playing Captain Mode for several hundred hours in which when your character dies you spawn in as the next NPC Ai unit that is under your command, it is literally impossible for me to enjoy Singleplayer campaign without the Control Allies after Death mod.

It's hard to choose the level of importance but for me:

accompany (lets you right click a caravan and choose "accompany" so you no longer have to walk and then wait for the caravan to catch up etc... you automatically stay close to the caravan and you auto travel, giving you time to go make a cup of coffee or have a smoke or do something in the house or alt tab and read a website/watch a youtube video whilst you and the merchant caravan travel together

one attribute and 2 focus per level (grants you an attribute point and 2 focus points every time you level up, lessens the grind, essential mod)

Better looting (gives you a chance to get some of the elite stuff, I've gotten helmets and Hauberks from sea raider fights that are stronger and lots more expensive than anything available in the shops)

easy smithing
(unlocks the parts faster)

Smith stamina regen
(regenerates smithing stamina as you are traveling)

All essential quality of life mods for me, I get that Taleworlds wants to have a slow dynastic game but I don't have the patience for it.

POC Color - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/792
Pretty much essential to the game. I can't stand clan colours changing when you join/leave. Also need the Bannerlord Mod thing, which unlocks the fun of proper heraldry (https://bannerlord.party/banner/ )to mod the shields for clans you want to see (and make proper heraldry with more than one icon on a shield)
Battle Size Unlocker - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/542
Up to 1,000 a side
Realistic battle - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/791
better battles
Less Damage. - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1414
With it toned down to 30% of vanilla damage, you get a chance to let battles take a reasonable time

Scotland 1269 - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2081
For this one I'm biased! its my mod & I made it to recreate something of Scotland. I can't play without it now

Last edited:
Oh this thread again, unfortunately 4 out 5 of my most used mods don´t work with 1.5.3.

RIP diplomancy fixes: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/832

We had a good time, you kind of made this game playable for me.
This works fine for me on 1.5.3 :smile:

1.Control Allies after Death

This mod is so essential to gameplay that it's a wonder this feature isn't already implemented in vanilla bannerlord atleast in some aspect, like taking over control of your companion after getting knocked out on the battlefield. After playing Captain Mode for several hundred hours in which when your character dies you spawn in as the next NPC Ai unit that is under your command, it is literally impossible for me to enjoy Singleplayer campaign without the Control Allies after Death mod.
+1 I use a fair few mods but this is the one that I couldn't play without.

1.Diplomacy Fixes Updated - Updated version of the great Diplomacy Fixes mod.
2. Companion Party Control - As of now it's got some basic functions but in future versions it may become as good as Party AI Overhaul & Commands.
3. RTS Camera - Can have Total War style battles with this, also has Bodysliding feature (play as one of your troops after dying) & a couple of new battle features (Can order one of your formations to attack a specific enemy formation).
4. Bannerlord Tweaks Updated - Updated version of the great Bannerlord Tweaks mod.
5. Accompany & Sound the Alarm - Two simple yet much needed mods.

Back
Top Bottom