Your character build

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

All the new blogs have provided us with information on how to play your game, you can be a cruel warlord, a merchant, a criminal, a king, a slaver and who knows what else.

Now there were (at least for me), 2 distinctive ways of playing warband singleplayer. I would either become a 1-man army and become the most aggressive lord of any faction, I would like the party skills for my companions or quite the opposite, I would become a maxed out charisma and intelligence based character, sitting at the back of the fight, doing pot shots with my crossbow and training my companions to be killing machines.

However, for Bannerlord I am thinking of taking the evil route, become a criminal first and put points in charm so I can really delve into the politics and behind the scene backstabbing.

How are you going to start your Bannerlord experience?

I'm leaning towards a William Wallace type character. Except it's William of the battanians , overthrowing the madness that is the empire. Taking names as we go along our path to freeeeedom. I want all the villages to herald my name as a liberator of hardship. I'll craft a massive ****ing sword ( or axe) and just Swagger through the battlefield. All the ladies in waiting will be " wow that barbaric monster has one big sword" ..

Second playthrough, will of course be a Vlandian noblemen. Need to have some dignity.

230px-Meister_von_San_Vitale_in_Ravenna_013.jpg

Say my name.

Terco_Viejo said:
Say my name.

While restoring the empire, take heed to stay far from the desert, Belisarius. For there will be the domain of Yussuf the wise, reader of scrolls and master of caravans.

No dinar shall flow through Asserai lands without his knowledge. Leaving the feuding and posturing to the other clans, he will instead built a new empire of trade, and the order and prosperity thus brought will be the people's best chance of a unified, lasting realm.

John C said:
Terco_Viejo said:
Say my name.

While restoring the empire, take heed to stay far from the desert, Belisarius. For there will be the domain of Yussuf the wise, reader of scrolls and master of caravans.

No dinar shall flow through Asserai lands without his knowledge. Leaving the feuding and posturing to the other clans, he will instead built a new empire of trade, and the order and prosperity thus brought will be the people's best chance of a unified, lasting realm.

After unifying the empire as you well say Yussuf (Yúsuf ibn Tašufín perhaps? a little anachronistic but good...) we both need a "perpetual peace" in favour of a commercial stimulation between both powers. My intention would be to have under control the pseudo-Franks and expand towards the north to pacify those territories, bringing progress to their decadent barbaric way of life and turn them into good citizens at the service of the Empire. You Yussuf should do the same to the east and notice the smell of leather and sweaty ass before it enters your walls.
Let us enjoy the "perpetual peace" between our powers, for I will not be "Justinian" if you become "Cossroes" but rather an impassable roller machine flattening any dune that pretends to rise over my walls by overshadowing them.

John C said:
Let the mighty sun shine forever on both our families then. I believe we can work well with each other.

Terco_Viejo said:
Yúsuf ibn Tašufín perhaps? a little anachronistic but good...

Unrelated, but the time would be just right, wouldn't it?

They weren't coevals (+- 500 years difference) but it would come very close to your character profile; take a look at wikipedia...it's always worth expanding your knowledge. (link)

Terco_Viejo said:
John C said:
Let the mighty sun shine forever on both our families then. I believe we can work well with each other.

Terco_Viejo said:
Yúsuf ibn Tašufín perhaps? a little anachronistic but good...

Unrelated, but the time would be just right, wouldn't it?

They weren't coevals (+- 500 years difference) but it would come very close to your character profile; take a look at wikipedia...it's always worth expanding your knowledge. (link)

Oh, I see what you mean now, that's true of course. I meant Yusuf ibn Tashfin would be the right time for Bannerlord (1084 A.D. in Calradia).

My initial efforts will be focused on unifying the fragmented Empire under one banner (hopefully MINE, but I'm flexible on that).  A couple of desert towns and a couple of woodlands taken early on should provide the specialty troops necessary for a true combined-arms force.  With the full might of the reunited Empire either behind me or beside me, anything is possible.

That task requires diplomacy, skill, and knowledge, not brute muscle for my own character.  He can harness the necessary muscle by commanding others.  While not needing to excel at many tasks, he will need to understand them in order to direct them effectively, and provide backup and support for those who specialize in such professions.  I see this character as a "jack of all trades" (working toward 2 points in almost every party skill), as well as a fairly skillful commander and diplomat.  A fighter.....not so much.

I will be cheating like i do in EVERY danm offline  game i play :razz: going to build meh a fast army  and gank while testing all aspects of the game

After that and knowing most Content ill prob start a new char and join a Lords Army and earn me money that way and gain exp. Building up some caaaash and then invest them on being a merchant ^^ and when i got a decent income ill start making my little warband

Woah man I cheat every time in Warband too but you gotta do your first run without cheats, at least to give it a try! I mean, don't let me tell you how to live your life, but that's what I plan on doing... I think after waiting for all these years, it would be a shame to just discover all the cool things about the game through instantaneously cheating. Tbh the only reason i cheat in warband is because so much of the game is damn tedious, but as we see, lots of these things have been fixed for Bannerlord.

This being said, I want to first be a fat bastard with a trophy wife and many fat beautiful children to play as once I die early of heart disease.

Obelix the battanian.
While strenght focused in my case, the new skill system will make me improve each skill I use like in morrowind or kcd.

Like in the last thread about this I have too many different character concepts that I want to play as. Mostly are based on ancient Greek history and mythology so will find their home within one or another of the factions of the Empire. The ones I have right now on my mind are based on the various sons of Herakles.

search

Chalkoarai

Clan Traits

- Focus on Strength
- Strength and Agility must be twice as high as Intelligence and Charisma
- Favour brute force and limited, but not without, cunning
- Driven and defined by a dark rage and can turn on anyone with it and slay anyone under its influence. When provoked and insulted there really is no stopping them in seeking bloody vengeance
- Probably built as massively powerful melee fighters, favouring maces and axes above swords and spears

Members of the Clan

Therimakhos
- All about melee and fighting hand-to-hand with the enemy
- Absolutely without honour save a obsession with his treatment by others

Kreontiades

- Skilled horseman who fights as medium cavalry with spear

Ophitos
- Deviously cunning and willing for underhanded deeds in order to take revenge for whatever slight he or his kinsmen have suffered

Deikon
- Holds virtue and honour in contempt beyond the seeking of vengeance
- Has an inflated ego so easily offended
- Likes to essentially troll people but reacts with violence if subjected to any of the same

Herakleidae

Clan Traits
- Focus on Strength
- Strength and Agility must be twice as high as Intelligence and Charisma
- Favour brute force and limited, but not without, cunning
- Possess of a rage that can drive them to dark deeds
- Probably built as massively powerful melee fighters, favouring maces and axes above swords and spears
- Seeks to recover, and pass into their own possession, of the inheritance of Herakles (what exactly this will remain unclear for now but it isn’t a world conquest anyway)

Main members

Hyllas
- Very vengeful
- Seeking lands and power
- Obsessive with his desires

Kleodaeus
- Very vengeful
- Loyal to his family
- More interested in his family’s goals than his own

Aristomakhos
- Lacking social graces (Charisma can only be a quarter as high as Strength and Agility)
- Undaunted by bad odds

Temenos
- Clever (no restrictions on Intelligence)
- A focus on Tactics
- Pious
- Generous with lands and wealth to friends and family
- Friendly to women
- Loves his wife

Kresphontes
- Proud
- Feels contempt for religion and any argument beyond that of the sword
- Impious

Sons of Hebe

Clan Traits

- Strength and Agility focus
- Fights like Herakles in hand-to-hand with a favor of brute weapons like maces and axes
- Focus on siegecraft in terms of warfare
- Favourable to young male warriors
- Delights in the contest of arms without much malice to the opposing side

Clan members

Alexiares

- Diplomatic and always ready to make peace and let the past be the past

Aniketos
- Never gives up
- Never surrenders

I'll be recreating the Band of the Hawk. Probably will go Vlandian and play in easy to actually be undefeatable. A feast of murder and rape, yeah baby. I will also sacrifice my men every time I can and kill all the kushan sultanate in a whip

Back
Top Bottom