• Yes.

Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't need it to corner or slow down. Guess it helps extract yourself from the gutter after you crash?

anyway went for a drive yesterday before settling in to do some major maintence today
8-OoB.jpg

General Gobblecoque said:
You don't need AWD in New York State, do you? I drove three snowy winters in the Cutlass with bad tires.
My family does, anyway. Our driveway is on a hill, so there are times when it gets snowy or icy that you need the AWD to get out. Or if there's a foot of snow in the driveway and you haven't got the time or the patience to clear it with the snowblower. Honestly, I'd say it's common sense to have an AWD vehicle if you live around here.

You don't need AWD in New York State, do you? I drove three snowy winters in the Cutlass with bad tires.
Average snowfall in NY state (and the rest of the US North-east) is about six times more than what Denmark typically receives. I don't have an AWD unfortunately, but even in CT snow tires are essentially necessary to get through a winter safely. Most New Englanders own AWD vehicles because of our winters.

New exhaust on my truck. It pops and crackles on hard shifts too when you get on it. Overall pleased with this purchase. Oh and you cant even hear it inside the cab when cruising highway speeds up to 90mph.

https://youtu.be/q3oMRzY9G10

Arvenski said:
I guess this question can go here: Does anyone know a good website where I could ask whether or not an old vehicle is worth restoring? The reason I'm wondering this is, on the very edge of my family's farm is an old pickup truck that's sitting in the woods. I think it might be a 1950's Chevy; my dad and I discovered it when I was a kid, but it's been there since God knows when. It's just over onto the neighbor's property, and I believe it belongs to him. It's in pretty sad shape; if you do a google image search for "abandoned car in woods", it looks like a lot of those. (I need to go back there and take some pictures of it.) What I've been wondering is, if we bought it from the neighbor for a few bucks and pulled it out of there, could we sell it to someone who'd restore it or use it for parts for another project? I'm not just thinking about making a profit out of it, though making something from it would be nice: I've always had a lot of sympathy for old machinery that's seen better days, and it seems a shame to just leave it to rust away where it sits.
Sitting on the ground for even a few years like that will irreparably rot the frame. If you try to lift the car, you might very well discover that the bottom quarter is gone. The most likely parts to be popular are the chrome/stainless trim pieces, if they're in good shape.

That being said, I'd like to see pictures.
Three months late, but, pictures:
cR5VN.jpg
0KloT.jpg
LjKTn.jpg
5MsZn.jpg
O_PWn.jpg
tG-L4.jpg
sIVvr.jpg
I just noticed those sorcerous-looking symbols painted on the right side. I've no idea who painted those. The truck is parked in the woods quite a ways from the road, so I doubt many people have found it over the years. It was probably someone who's old enough now that I don't think of them as being the sort of person who'd paint graffiti on things. Someone also left the end of an old pitchfork sticking vertically, forks pointing up, out of a nearby tree stump. What the ****. :lol:

It's been a while since I got a good look at this thing. I don't go back there often, and in the summer it's so overgrown that you can't see stuff very well. I'm guessing I can answer my own question from earlier and say that it's shot? I actually didn't notice any major damage to the frame, but a lot of the other metalwork looks pretty rusted out.

That sounds fun and I can see Seff driving one as well. Really should get a CNG car next myself because of our insanely high fuel prices compared to rest of yurop but most of those are only sold new. >_>

Back
Top Bottom