Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Jock said:
Btw, what's your guys' opinion on Civics? Thinking about getting an 06-07' one some time this year.
They're reliable cars, cheap to fix, and they're supposed to be a ton of fun if you get a vtec with a manual.
Tibertus said:
I'm having a 2013 Ford SVT Raptor shipped to a local dealership so I can take a look at it. If everything looks good I'll purchase it. It's desert tan color, supercab, doesn't have the stupid raptor graphics on the rear either. Pretty much perfect.
I'm split on the Raptor. On one hand, I really don't like where pickup trucks have gone at all, with the ridiculous size increases and the aesthetics of them. But on the other hand, Ford is at least trying to do something cool with it where Chevy has done almost nothing comparable, and Dodge only sells the aftermarket Ram Runner kit. So if you want a quick truck with decent off-road capabilities it's either a Raptor or a lot of work.

As for my truck, my first gear started grinding today. 300k+ miles of hard driving have finally bit my transmission in the ass. Now I have to decide whether it's even worth a new 4l60e or if I should just get a new car already.

Jock said:
Where did you learn to fix em up like that?

Btw, what's your guys' opinion on Civics? Thinking about getting an 06-07' one some time this year.

I haven’t ! Most stuff I know is from watching and helping  my dad and grandad, also tons of YouTube, this will be my first time doing anything by myself, plus my girlfriends dad is amazing and is giving me tips.
Breaks seem fine now, the break fluid is low so probably that.

Main problems are the clutch and the engine not turning. I’ve taken spark plugs out and hoses it down with wd40. Will give it a go for a while and see if it loosens up. If that fails I’ll try using diesel or some other stuff to kill rust. If not it may mean the engine wasn’t properly oiled or it overheated? Hope not. Don’t want to have to buy a new engine, I’d have to get a lot of other tools to do that.

—————-

Civics seem good to me, just make sure Milage isn’t too crazy, also they have bad paint jobs so try and have a proper look around every inch of it and haggle down if you see any bits that look imperfect...

krik said:
Jock said:
They're reliable cars, cheap to fix, and they're supposed to be a ton of fun if you get a vtec with a manual.
Tibertus said:
I'm having a 2013 Ford SVT Raptor shipped to a local dealership so I can take a look at it. If everything looks good I'll purchase it. It's desert tan color, supercab, doesn't have the stupid raptor graphics on the rear either. Pretty much perfect.
I'm split on the Raptor. On one hand, I really don't like where pickup trucks have gone at all, with the ridiculous size increases and the aesthetics of them. But on the other hand, Ford is at least trying to do something cool with it where Chevy has done almost nothing comparable, and Dodge only sells the aftermarket Ram Runner kit. So if you want a quick truck with decent off-road capabilities it's either a Raptor or a lot of work.

As for my truck, my first gear started grinding today. 300k+ miles of hard driving have finally bit my transmission in the ass. Now I have to decide whether it's even worth a new 4l60e or if I should just get a new car already.

Well, I'm moving to Texas soon, and I wanted something I could blast up and down the beaches with and just general offroading. That said, I'm a fan of what Ford does with its performance vehicles. I don't know of any other company that covers fixing a bent frame under warranty when they know it happened because you jumped a sand dune.

Tibertus said:
That said, I'm a fan of what Ford does with its performance vehicles. I don't know of any other company that covers fixing a bent frame under warranty when they know it happened because you jumped a sand dune.
:lol: that is pretty hardcore. Should be a blast to drive here, seems about perfect for any of the trails I've been on, besides maybe one or two that are really just glorified marshland.

Spent like 5 hours today and the transmission is still two bolts away from coming out. What a *****.

On my back unfortunately, the top bolts are being an unbelievable ***** to get at. I have to use extensions going almost the entire length of the trans to get at them. I'm just really glad it's not too new, the 4l65e trans have another bolt on the center of the top of the bell-housing which I can't imagine getting to on my truck.

Taking the two cross member bolts out of the transmission, and then lifting the rear end of the transmission as much as possible, might allow you to slip a ratchet down the firewall and get to the bell-housing bolts.

The guy who's helping me do it/teaching me how got the bolts out before I got there. It had the top bolt I was talking about, apparently only accessible through one sniper angle. It's torn down now, in surprisingly good shape except for a few clutches and the rear most planet. Rebuild should apparently not be too bad. Holy **** though, automatic transmission internals are kind of hard to wrap your head around. I get engines and differentials and **** but this is a wholly different thing.

XCMuF.md.jpg

Well, this is it. I think it's a good looking truck, and my son loves it.

Today I bought one of the most boring cars out there. A Skoda Fabia Combi. 1.0. TSI 110 HP.
But it's quite nice, with all the extra equipment you can get.

Cappuccino Beige
TEWeJ.jpg

w9g6e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom