• Yes.

Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

If you buy a Miata, that's a good way to correct that. The community is huge and very helpful. The car is easy to work on too. If you just start by changing your oil, which is extremely easy btw, you may end up wanting to learn a lot more. Also learning to drive stick will only increase your enjoyment if you get a Miata. They're meant to be manual, not automatic. It's like half the fun of owning one.

Miata.net is a great place to start if you just want to start reading.

I know I should get a stick, but since it's going to be my Daily Driver I just can't justify the possibly increased difficulty. I'm a lazy bastard sadly. My dad worked at an exotic car dealership when he was young and said a stick is great, until you have to use it every day.

I drive a stick every day, and my commute is into one of the busiest military bases in the world, meaning lots of stop and go traffic. That's the worst excuse to not get a stick, IMO. It's not hard to shift in traffic. It'll be harder for like your first week, MAYBE. But everyone picks it up quick and it's easy after.

I know to be a proper enthusiast you need a manual, but I just can't bite the bullet.

Don't do it to live up to a stereotype - do it if you want to. That being said, it not hard to drive stick at all, so I don't know what your old man was talking about.

Seff said:
Don't do it to live up to a stereotype - do it if you want to. That being said, it not hard to drive stick at all, so I don't know what your old man was talking about.

He didn't say it was hard, he just said the automatic is a hell of a lot more convenient. Granted he lived in Los Angeles, it's a different story here in St. Louis.

I can understand the convenience, I drove an auto for 2½ years. The thrill of the manual transmission is just much better.

Here's some motivation for you:
FfF88JA.jpg

Tibertus said:
Everything I'm reading says parallel sorry, so I don't know, unless you have a weird aftermarket set up. One turbo for each bank of 3 cylinders. Makes the most sense for a v6 too. Are the turbos variable geo? It could for instance, have two vane profiles for two set ranges of RPMs, which would need computer controlling.
Probably you are right. I don't remember where I've read that and can't find it now. May be some non-english source. Anyway the setup is symmetrical and the only way to set different starting points for turbos is to use two different wastegate valves. I can't find a reasonable justification for that though.

I've recently had a turbo malfunction caused by bad electrical contact with air pressure sensor on air intake pipe. It completely shut down the turbo system and opened wastegates.
I couldn't even start moving until 4000 rpm. God help my clutch.
After fixing this I've found that fuel system has some issues too. It works fine on plain terrain but fails on uphills even with full tank.
It's still fun to drive this car even with all those gremlins inside.

The car keeps getting louder.
You guys have seen the first two parts of this video already. It starts off with fully stock exhaust, then onto an aftermarket muffler with stock header and midpipe, and finally onto the new part, which let's you hear the exhaust with the new header and midpipe I put in. My iPad can't quite pick up all the noise that the full exhaust makes, unfortunately.  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom