• Yes.

Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a full exhaust minus the muffler plus some other parts. A good set of sways will set you back 200 on their own for most cars. Good headers cost a lot. This stuff is basically what the Mazda cup cars run with. It's good stuff.

Imagine immediately realizing that they don't make them for your particular exhaust port size, so you have to take a grinder and a welder to the flange. :razz: Thankfully I got mine used.

image.jpg1_zps3bfe4v17.jpg

Gutting the interior. Everything aft of the roll bar is going to remain out, all the trim forward will go back in once I remove the soft top completely. Weight reduction!

Seff said:
So much for joy rides with more than one passenger. :razz:

There was never any rear seats to begin with. It's a two seater. Just a whole lot of trim panels. That roll bar will eventually come out too, it's the stock roll bar and not very robust. I'll get a much sturdier one eventually, and removing all the trim back there frees up the space to do that.

sneakey pete said:
Ah its not just the headers themselves, that makes a bit more price sense then

Yeah I mentioned header, midpipe, intake, and sways.

Tibertus that's an early NC correct? I'm waiting on some financials to come through and I'm planning on buying a new NC. (I know the ND is coming out but I want the PRHT.) How's yours been? I know NAs and NBs are universally loved but I've heard much less on the NC Miatas.

There's three iterations of the NC, NC1 is 2006 through 2008 year models. They have the oval grill opening and the weaker motors. There were issues of people blowing the NC1 MZR engine. NC2s came along in 2009 and have the smiley front grill. They also got forged engine internals stock, a higher rev limit and a bit more horsepower, the MZR in the NC2 is really strong and can be boosted easily on stock internals. NC2s are the 2009 through 2012 year model. NC2.5 or 3 depending on who you ask is just a mild face lift from the NC2 and is from model year 2013 on. I have a 2010. I really suggest you get a 2009 or newer if you plan on driving it hard or any kind of racing. You don't want to throw a rod. If you plan on modifying the car by adding forced induction get the 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. The 6 speed has a stiffer case which will protect the transmission gears when you produce more torque. And for the love of god don't get an automatic, they suck. Also, the power hardtop is **** in my opinion. It's a safety liability in a crash. I've seen them fold inwards, plus they prevent roll bar installation and they're like 100 lbs heavier than the soft top, which is too heavy as it is.

Tibertus said:
There's three iterations of the NC, NC1 is 2006 through 2008 year models. They have the oval grill opening and the weaker motors. There were issues of people blowing the NC1 MZR engine. NC2s came along in 2009 and have the smiley front grill. They also got forged engine internals stock, a higher rev limit and a bit more horsepower, the MZR in the NC2 is really strong and can be boosted easily on stock internals. NC2s are the 2009 through 2012 year model. NC2.5 or 3 depending on who you ask is just a mild face lift from the NC2 and is from model year 2013 on. I have a 2010. I really suggest you get a 2009 or newer if you plan on driving it hard or any kind of racing. You don't want to throw a rod. If you plan on modifying the car by adding forced induction get the 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed. The 6 speed has a stiffer case which will protect the transmission gears when you produce more torque. And for the love of god don't get an automatic, they suck. Also, the power hardtop is **** in my opinion. It's a safety liability in a crash. I've seen them fold inwards, plus they prevent roll bar installation and they're like 100 lbs heavier than the soft top, which is too heavy as it is.

Well I'm not planning on racing it, mostly just a Daily Driver that happens to be fun and gorgeous to look at. The PRHT is mostly for convenience in rain and snow. I'm planning on buying new, not used so no worries with the engine.

Well, like I said, I still don't suggest the power hard top. It folds right above where you sit, and it can literally fold down into your head if you get in a crash. The soft top is very good. Probably the best soft top on any car actually. Never had a single leak, and my car has gone through hurricanes in Florida. Weather seals are great, action up and down is really easy one hand type operation, and it has a glass rear window with defrost, not the plastic deal some convertibles have.

This is my world of pain and suffering. And fun. And more suffering. But probably more fun overall. Yet.

2.5L V6 carburated 1985 Maserati Biturbo.

More like daily test driving then fixing car. I found this a year ago. It was cheap and in good and mostly stock condition and I thought it could be fun.
Then I tried those Italian horses under the hood and fell in love. It had 230 at that moment. I believe I've woken up a few more since then.

Back
Top Bottom