• Yes.

Votes: 254 37.5%
  • No.

Votes: 289 42.6%
  • Wrong answer

Votes: 135 19.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Took a few shots down by a local lake/park area.

Here is one, I will get others up soon.

6769023777_c803615121_z.jpg

6778732743_16594b2729_z.jpg

6778731827_6cca1dd18d_z.jpg

Not sure what to get for my first car and I haven't the slightest clue.. It would be a used car indefinately.

So...Post a picture of your first vehicular machine!

Cute. Very cute.

Aaaaaanyways. My first vehicular machine is over in the bike thread, but here's the first (and more or less only) car I've driven for any considerable amount (belongs to male parental unit):

civic.jpg

it needs some 12" subs in the back, horrible colour leather trim inside and the diameter of that cannon tip needs to be at least twice as large. :lol:

Took her for a drive today, down to the car inspection place, where they told me my steering was loose (alignment was off after I'd put on the body and engine, go figure) and my front brakes worked with a 54% discrepancy - not good. I fixed it tonight and took it for a spin to test - the brakes and steering was still acting well when coming to a stop from about 160 kph, so I'm confident it'll pass tomorrow. All I otherwise need is to get the VIN number stricken on the frame, as there's a law that requires that both frame and body of a car has the VIN.

54% discrepancy with a muscle cars brakes... you may as well not have installed them :lol:.

The rear drum brakes worked fine, the front disks were ****ed - it still stopped the car fine, even if it pulled the car into the opposite lane, into oncoming traffic. :grin:
Nobody was harmed in the testing of this vehicle.

Well, you never get anywhere with a project like this when you keep saying "meh, it can't be done". :razz:

My 61 year old uncle got all nostalgic when I told him about it, he used to drive these things at a car rental place back in Albuquerque in the '70s.

Seff said:
The rear drum brakes worked fine, the front disks were ****ed - it still stopped the car fine, even if it pulled the car into the opposite lane, into oncoming traffic. :grin:
Nobody was harmed in the testing of this vehicle.
I remember you getting some sort of deep injury with your finger? But that was making the car, not testing it  :razz:

...Aaaand that's how far I got before I had to call it quits so I could rush my packing for A-stan. Need a million little things, including a fuel pump, apparently.

All the loose parts I had lying around have been moved up above the office and toilet in the workshop, where I've been granted permission to store it for now.

I'll see this baby either tomorrow morning... or in four months. We'll see.

My brother and I decided to fool around a little in my 1998 BMW 328i today. It's not majestic driving, but the engine sound is brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wt5_Kb3iM&feature=youtube_gdata

Back
Top Bottom