Your Best and Most Satisfying Moments in a Mount and Blade Game?

What do you think are the most enjoyable and satisfying moments in a Mount and Blade Game?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
What do you think? This is just for fun...... but I also hope this will be interesting!

Feel free to suggest your own below, if not listed above. :wink:

Last edited:
One time as a Swadian Vassal I had a village I poured my heart and soul into. Obviously raids happen, I normally scare them off since I had a 100+ party. That was until the ENTIRE ****ING NORD KINGDOM came to raid Emirin. So obviously I had no chance in **** of winning, I was outnumbered 8 to 1 and all my knights and sergeants were at my castle. So I decided to do as any good warband player would, stand and fight. I fought and fought and fought for an hour straight, carving through hordes of nords as my bois held the line like ****ing champions. Somehow we won, and I took captive 90% of the nordic royalty + king ragnar. I had 11 surviving troops left, all of them sharpshooters. For the price of 101 men, we killed 873. It was awesome.

One time as a Swadian Vassal I had a village I poured my heart and soul into. Obviously raids happen, I normally scare them off since I had a 100+ party. That was until the ENTIRE ****ING NORD KINGDOM came to raid Emirin. So obviously I had no chance in **** of winning, I was outnumbered 8 to 1 and all my knights and sergeants were at my castle. So I decided to do as any good warband player would, stand and fight. I fought and fought and fought for an hour straight, carving through hordes of nords as my bois held the line like ****ing champions. Somehow we won, and I took captive 90% of the nordic royalty + king ragnar. I had 11 surviving troops left, all of them sharpshooters. For the price of 101 men, we killed 873. It was awesome.

Hahaha! That IS impressive. Good story! I love it when you find a really amazing choke point and have the right troops to make them wish they had never even tried! :smile:

Yeah almost forgot about this. Moments like these were the best. Now in bannerlord they are gone tho since we will have multiple ways of entering the castle. Which is really goos but i will miss those moments. :grin:

While I've enjoyed successfully defeating massive enemy stacks on several occasions (usually luring them away and taking them on piecemeal), the capture of the one town in original M&B against more than 3:1 odds remains as my favorite moment.

Basically, at my age, my reflexes aren't that spectacular, so I'm merely "adequate" as a melee fighter against the AI (and useless in MP). Playing as an archer, I provided supporting fire for my melee troops, moving to positions where I could deliver flanking and back shots at the opposing forces locked into melee with my own, as well as taking out opposing crossbowmen as they spawned. The momentary stuns delivered to the enemy troops in melee, in addition to the raw damage, opened them up to killing strikes from my front line, or took them out completely, but I had to scrounge for another quiver of arrows at least 4 times (I went in with a mace, bow, and 2 quivers). The one time, I had to get right up into the front of the melee to reach the only arrows I could find, with no shield, and took a few hits before retrieving them. At the end, I was down to a couple of mounted skirmishers (which were nearly useless on foot), a militiaman, and myself with only a few hit points remaining, but I got Praven as my first "castle", then held it against repeated assaults. Gained two levels in that battle.

Ok here is mine:

It was during my first serious playthrough a long time ago but I still remember that moment vividly like it was yesterday.
I was a Swadian Vassal and the lord of Yruma Castle when during one of our countless wars with the Vaegirs the enemy came to besiege it in full force with just me and a few soldiers in it. I had no chance as I was heavily outnumbered. We was also waging war against the Nords and I knew that our main host was besieging one of the Nord towns so there was no chance of relief.
I loved that castle and I didn't want to just abandon and lose it without a fight so I decided to stay and at least take as much of them with me as I could.

The siege dragged on as more enemies assembled around my castle and there was no chance to escape anymore as now they surrounded me on all sides. I was waiting for the assault as the hours passed and nightfall descended upon us. Then morning came and the next day passed and the day after meanwhile more enemies where assembling. I was dreading the moment they attacked. More days passed and I started regretting staying in the castle. I had given up all hope and just waited for my fate.

When all of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of heavy horses in the distance...

On the horizon appeared the banner of my father in law Count Grainwad closely followed by my best friends Delinard, Mirchaud and Stamar and behind them the full might of the Swadian Kingdom emerged!! Beranz, Clais, Deglan, Despin, Haringoth, Meltor, Stamar, Tredian and many more. EVERYONE was there even the great King Harlaus himself! All the lords whom I have assisted so many times now came to my aid! It was a magnificent sight and I probably stared at the screen for a good ten minutes in awe before carying on. We routed the enemy hard that day in a series of mighty battles.

Guess what we did when it was all over. Thats right FEASTING TIME :party:

Ok here is mine:

It was during my first serious playthrough a long time ago but I still remember that moment vividly like it was yesterday.
I was a Swadian Vassal and the lord of Yruma Castle when during one of our countless wars with the Vaegirs the enemy came to besiege it in full force with just me and a few soldiers in it. I had no chance as I was heavily outnumbered. We was also waging war against the Nords and I knew that our main host was besieging one of the Nord towns so there was no chance of relief.
I loved that castle and I didn't want to just abandon and lose it without a fight so I decided to stay and at least take as much of them with me as I could.

The siege dragged on as more enemies assembled around my castle and there was no chance to escape anymore as now they surrounded me on all sides. I was waiting for the assault as the hours passed and nightfall descended upon us. Then morning came and the next day passed and the day after meanwhile more enemies where assembling. I was dreading the moment they attacked. More days passed and I started regretting staying in the castle. I had given up all hope and just waited for my fate.

When all of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of heavy horses in the distance...

On the horizon appeared the banner of my father in law Count Grainwad closely followed by my best friends Delinard, Mirchaud and Stamar and behind them the full might of the Swadian Kingdom emerged!! Beranz, Clais, Deglan, Despin, Haringoth, Meltor, Stamar, Tredian and many more. EVERYONE was there even the great King Harlaus himself! All the lords whom I have assisted so many times now came to my aid! It was a magnificent sight and I probably stared at the screen for a good ten minutes in awe before carying on. We routed the enemy hard that day in a series of mighty battles.

Guess what we did when it was all over. Thats right FEASTING TIME :party:

Haha awesome. Just the fact that was possible and A I of the game allowed that to happen is pretty damn cool.

So there I was leading my band of Mercenaries north of the wall in the ACOK mod...

We had been tracking down a small band of Wildlings for some time and we finally caught up with them and committed to battle. However, what I failed to see is that almost the entire army of the Wildling faction had joined the enemy on their side!

The battlefield was covered in fog when my men and I took the field. We were near a hundred strong and I believed our mostly mounted force could easily ride down what I believed to be some meer twenty wildling raiders. I gave the order and we charged into the fog, our hooves thundered and the lances lowered. Suddenly out of the haze emerged not a a few starving savages but the full hoard of the frozen north! I gave the order to break charge and fall back but it was to late, the lines had already met. I watched in horror as my beloved companions were ripped from their saddles and hacked mercilessly to death, their crimson blood staining the white snow. I ordered my men to retreat! Run! Save yourselves! But the hoard was enveloping us and cut down any who wasn't fast enough. I look back and see my beloved companion, Martin Snow fall to the earth as a savages arrow killed his horse beneath him. I could not leave my friend to die. I spurred my horse and charged those who descended upon him killing them swiftly. I dismounted my horse and stood by my friend, with all my force that was still living retreating Martin Snow and charged alone into the barbarian horde. We fought side by side spilling the blood of the savages but soon their numbers overwhelmed us and we became separated. Then all went dim. I had been captured.

I am unsure how long I was their prisoner, and I do not recall where they took me, but I do know that on that blood stained feild amidst a sea of Wildlings was the last time I saw my friend Martin. I do not know what ever happened to him wether he was left dead on the field of battle or was taken prisoner like myself, only the gods would know. I would ask them, but they abandoned me long ago on that frozen foggy field north of the wall.
And so I search... and so I search...

I think it was in battle, go on the horse and hit an enemy on the right, immediately after one to the left of a setback, then another to the right and finish it with a head shot or things like that, master plays.

When i opened up the game and thought, this looks a bit lame, then i played for about 20 minutes and realized it was likely the greatest game ever made, competing with and likely winning over, games like Civilization 1 and Age of Empires 2.

Back
Top Bottom