Your Banners

Users who are viewing this thread

hotcobbler said:
Beautiful. I didn't even think of that when I was making it. I guess I should have put two acorns then. Oh well. Enjoy  :wink:

really nice idea, i liked it!
maybe i can give you some ideas for making banners.
can u tell me where and how u do it?

Try all to remember the heraldic basic rules. No metals on metals and no colors on colors. Banners are for distinguish troops on the battlefield. That is why there is this rule. Color on color just looks a dark blob from the distance. And Heraldic banners and shields should be as simple as possible for the same reason.

(And by the way, the charges should always face to the viewers left.)

vaelius noctu deine banner sind richtig geil !!!!!!!!
respekt
kanns sein dass es welche von den wirklich gab?

-- free translation 4 non germans  :roll: --
vaelius noctu your banner are really hot !!!!!!
respect
is it possible that some of them really existed?
---

Die Banner habe ich alle selbst gemacht, aber die Wappen darauf habe ich aus dem Internet gezogen und eingefügt.

I have the banners everybody home-made, but on it I have pulled the coats of arms from the Internet and have inserted.

I Use Paint.net.
I only can write you in German how I make this.

1. Datei_neu. Dann die maßeinheiten des Banners
2. Ebene_Aus Datei Importieren
3. Eine Bilddatei raussuchen (Adler, Bär, Bechs^^) und hinzufügen
4. Ebenen_neue Ebene hinzufügen
5. Die Färben: schwarz, gelb, blau, oder gestrichelt Karo, ein Muster halt.
6. Ebenen_neue Ebene hinzufügen
7. Ein zweites Muster, so etwas wie ein zerfetztes stück stoff oder ein abgewetztes Stück Leinen. Ein weises Banner Template.
8. Diese zweite Muster (Ebene) auswählen (in dem kleinen kasten rechts im Bild) und Modus: Überlagern wählen.
9. Beim Speichern die Aufforderung zusammenfügen Bestätigen.

So Überlagert das Muster alles andere ohne es zu Überschreiben. Dadurch ensteht der Eindruck das das Bild Ebenfalls verwittert ist. Wirkt Natürlicher.

The thig is that i don't understand how to use this program...

and i was asking after i do  the banner,where do i put this picture so I can use it in Mount&Blade????

You must overwrite the Texture file in Mount and Blade.

1. You Play Native

?:\Mount&Blade\Textures
open banners_a.dds (or b,c etc...)
with the tool GIMP
open the Banner with GIMP
now you have to Pictures open.
a)the Banner
and
b)the file from M+B

now mark the banner with right mousecklick and select bearbeiten_kopieren (or strg+C)

Insert (strg+v) the Banner in the Mount and Blade Picture with the Banners and move it exactly over one of the banners.

Ist good you overwrite a Banner with the same colors like the you want.

Fell free to write me you need more help.

Does anyone have a blank banner template that I could use, please? I used to have one, but I seem to have lost it and can't find the original link to it.. Thanks in advance!

I actually would like to ask the same question as the person above plus:

I'm inexperienced in working with Photoshop so I was wondering:

1) how do I change the color of the banner without distorting it and leaving the texture. I've been trying to use color replacement tool but it always comes up with completely new colors. The only once that usually work are gold and red (with black banners)

2) how do I insert the clipart without disturbing the texture of the banner so it looks realistic.

Thanks in advance. I promise to create some nice banners if you help me out a bit :smile:

With use of alpha channels and transparency. Its probably easier to create the overlaying images separately, then cause them to be semi transparent, then importing that image as a new layer onto the original banner. I know how to do it.. I just don't know the terminology for explaining it.. If you find a copy of the blank banner, i'll try to create a tutorial for you though, no problem. :smile:

>Edit<
My avatar is an old banner I made for this game about.. a year ago. It was done with the method above, looks great in-game. It's a shame I misplaced the original template. :sad:

I think I found the tmeplates (2 white one and black one). How do I post them so you can check if I found the right ones?

Hey guys I made a couple of banners. Let me know what you think:

http://img109.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bolarbearbanner.png

hotcobbler said:
Beautiful. I didn't even think of that when I was making it. I guess I should have put two acorns then. Oh well. Enjoy  :wink:

Should put a banana between them aswell :razz:

Hi, we are forming a new clan and i want to design a banner but i have no idea about photoshop or any equivelent program. Can anybody design a banner for me if i give the details ? It is just a symbol on a straight background color. :smile:

I want to use one of these logos,
r721sk.gif
Thundercats-thundercats-4312341-1280-800.jpg

Thanks for your help :smile:

Back
Top Bottom