Your Bannerlord ea play-time?

What is your current Bannerlord ea play-time?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

32 hours. Fun game but somehow combat and sieges happen so quickly. Guess thats a good thing, I remember how I dreaded invading Rivacheg in warband since sieges took forever, but now it seems to be resolved in less than ten minutes. Doesn't help that I have more time. I have no issues with the game but somehow a siege in gekokujo at later levels when I'm fielding 500 troops feels more satisfying than 'accelerated sieges' in Bannerlord.

That reminds me of a siege I had in warband. I was defending sungetche castle against a vaegir invasion. I had 200 soldiers against their ~1500 and I won with very low casualties. The wonders a 2h axe behind a merlon could do in Warband.. :smile: somehow everything in Warband felt so rewarding, even though, you rarely got anything (I literally got 2+ relation with Sanjar Khan from that siege defense). I think it largely has to do with it being the first time something like this existed. We are now used to owning awesome castles and leading huge armies into war. Not sure, but it might just be the lack of new content, that diminishes this sense of gratification.

That reminds me of a siege I had in warband. I was defending sungetche castle against a vaegir invasion. I had 200 soldiers against their ~1500 and I won with very low casualties. The wonders a 2h axe behind a merlon could do in Warband.. :smile: somehow everything in Warband felt so rewarding, even though, you rarely got anything (I literally got 2+ relation with Sanjar Khan from that siege defense). I think it largely has to do with it being the first time something like this existed. We are now used to owning awesome castles and leading huge armies into war. Not sure, but it might just be the lack of new content, that diminishes this sense of gratification.

I think you are on to something here. The community (myself included) expected something a bit more than what we have. I have played so many awesome mods for M&B that Bannerlord feels like regression to me in some areas.

I think you are on to something here. The community (myself included) expected something a bit more than what we have. I have played so many awesome mods for M&B that Bannerlord feels like regression to me in some areas.

Lets be honest here, Warband was blank, broken and repetetive, but it was already so much more than the original mount and blade. The new concept and mechanics of the game were so addicting that it didn't even matter how bare the game was at the beginning and every single thing that got added, was just a big plus and made it even better. Warband was basically the old mount and blade just way bigger and with way more content, that made it so good back then. Bannerlord has better graphics and (arguably) better mechanics, but the content insn't really that much more than Warbands yet. It has way much more potential than Warband though, since its core has been completely reworked and TW has grown and a lot since then. Honestly the only problem I think, is this big lack of communication between the devs themselfes and betwen them and the community.

I remember the complaints about how long it took for Bannerlord to release. Not sure if the same people are those who are having issues with it now. I remember fallout 3 was crashing all the time, bought it on release in 2008. Years later I gave it to a friend who didn't think to patch the game so for him it was crashing like crazy.

I haven't had any issues with Bannerlord. Suppose I miss crossbows, and something feels weird about buying top tier hardware for those amazing sums. Didn't feel so bad to have a 'masterwork arming sword'. Guess maybe its just a matter of changing the item descriptions.

Need to get back into my warband game. Last attempt with diplomacy, Swadia were getting killed and I was running out of places to sell my loot. Would be nice if you could flog off hard ware to villagers, even at rotten prices.

I remember the complaints about how long it took for Bannerlord to release. Not sure if the same people are those who are having issues with it now. I remember fallout 3 was crashing all the time, bought it on release in 2008. Years later I gave it to a friend who didn't think to patch the game so for him it was crashing like crazy.

I haven't had any issues with Bannerlord. Suppose I miss crossbows, and something feels weird about buying top tier hardware for those amazing sums. Didn't feel so bad to have a 'masterwork arming sword'. Guess maybe its just a matter of changing the item descriptions.

Need to get back into my warband game. Last attempt with diplomacy, Swadia were getting killed and I was running out of places to sell my loot. Would be nice if you could flog off hard ware to villagers, even at rotten prices.

I think that the villages lacking money sometimes was helpful in keeping the player from making too much money.

I remember the complaints about how long it took for Bannerlord to release. Not sure if the same people are those who are having issues with it now.

Of course, we waited all this time and got dissappointed. Players that now joined didn't build up all those expectations over the years, thus didn't get so dissappointed, thus having less to complain about.

I'm sure the mechanics could be made, villagers will buy your spare hardware at a real discount so that they can mark it up on their next city trip. Should be ways to deplete your money, like 'expensive mercenaries' or some real collector items, 'masterwork' hardware that you can equip your companions.

Was late to warband, only started playing it in 2014 and it was like crack. Some weekends I was sleeping 2 hours a day, and that was just vanilla warband. These days I cut corners and refuse villager quests.

@Kharille first of all, what do you mean by "hardware", it sounds like you are talking about computer parts :grin:

or some real collector items, 'masterwork' hardware that you can equip your companions.

That sounds like a great idea. We had this in viking conquest, so why not in Bannerlord, it was awesome and a great way to get rid of money, like ship building. I like when there are really expensive things in games, that seem unreachable at the beginning, but when you mastered the game, conquered most of the map and then finally beeing able to buy this awesome, overpowered item, simply feels great :smile:

312 hours. Then I stopped and uninstalled the game till it gets better...Or not. I still have Warband and VC installed, though.

Uhm.. Why did you uninstall it? Do you wan't to install everything again when new content is added? Isn't that just laborious?

About 80. I havent played in probably 2 or 3 months now though. Theres simply no content for me to enjoy at this point.

210 hours to discover all the content , sorry but immersion of the world is weak , I hope TW will make updates on the RPG items of the game , and relations , conversations which is a very powerfull tool to make a story of our own . I can just hope and wait at this point.

Some gamers go intense play of a new game until they hit the limit then go elsewhere. I prefer a slower, longer evaluation of a game.

With mods, this game is still enjoyable for me.

I'm a big mutiplayer person playing bannerlord mp ended up getting me back into warband mp I have about 70ish hours in BL mutiplayer. I never cared for the singeplayer part of the game in warband or bannerlord. I just feel like combat needs to be worked on a bit and some things fixed and it would probably be pretty good when it happens i'll come out of my warband cave I did like the bigger battles in warband though nothing beats 120vs120 real players.

Of course, we waited all this time and got dissappointed. Players that now joined didn't build up all those expectations over the years, thus didn't get so dissappointed, thus having less to complain about.
I don't remember exactly when I started playing M&B but it was some kind of demo version that only allowed you to play for 7 days or something like that.
And yet I am not disappointed although I am waiting for Bannerlord since 8 years. I guess that's for several reasons:
a) I don't just wait for games but play something else in the meantime, that way I don't get frustrated
b) I expected Warband with better graphics and a few new mechanics, not GTA.
c) I actually believe the game will get some important improvements before EA ends and TW will continue to support it afterwards

I don't remember exactly when I started playing M&B but it was some kind of demo version that only allowed you to play for 7 days or something like that.
And yet I am not disappointed although I am waiting for Bannerlord since 8 years. I guess that's for several reasons:
a) I don't just wait for games but play something else in the meantime, that way I don't get frustrated
b) I expected Warband with better graphics and a few new mechanics, not GTA.
c) I actually believe the game will get some important improvements before EA ends and TW will continue to support it afterwards

I too started with the demo version of original mount&blade :smile: The problem is, there isn't really a game like Mount&Blade. Thats why so many people played +1000 hours in Warband. Other games just don't scratch that same itch, even if they're good in their own ways. You probably found what you like about mount&blade multiplayer in other games, so it wasn't that difficult for you to wait that long.

Noone expected Bannerlord to be like gta, that would destroy everything we like about mount&blade.

TW won't call it finished fast, but I'm not sure in which state they will release the final version. I remember how unfinished viking conquest still was when they abandoned it.. but on the other hand, considering all the work they put into it, I don't think they will just leave it as bare. As far as I know there also isn't any dlc planned for the near future and they are concentrating 99% on Bannerlord only.

Back
Top Bottom